What's new

So why aren't there any mentor programs for other characters?

cgerrr

Tourney id: Gfc_alekS
You know I don't have any friend who plays MK to train with, mostly because I am the only one who has a console. Where I live console gaming is not a really widespread thing yet you see. So for me finding someone online who is willing to teach is important to get better. I can't even attend offline tournaments because there is no one! Competitive gaming here means CSS and SC2 99.99% of the time.
Man, I feel your pain. I live in Ukraine and have identical situation: our countries suck lol.

-

This is a really off the topic question but it concerns something you mentioned in the first post. What's auto-pilot? >.>. From what it sounds like, it might be something the people I'm teaching are doing. How do you teach not to do it?
People who finish combos without hit confirming thats auto pilot. I see people do that all the time even if whatever combo their doing doesnt connect they will still continue the combo. Great way to get punished sometimes but at the same time due to online latency in some cases hit confirmation goes right out the window.

DaiHuu

Nightwolf Mourner
This is a really off the topic question but it concerns something you mentioned in the first post. What's auto-pilot? >.>. From what it sounds like, it might be something the people I'm teaching are doing. How do you teach not to do it?
In my terms, Auto pilot is someone who shuts down all their thinking ability, and sticks to very few things. (This due to muscle memory.) Due to whatever reason. Being pressured, not playing good players, etc etc. Just like a plane, the person manning it knows how to work it, and he's had years training up for it. But after he switches on auto pilot, the thought process just goes right out the window.

Won

Noob
In my terms, Auto pilot is someone who shuts down all their thinking ability, and sticks to very few things. (This due to muscle memory.) Due to whatever reason. Being pressured, not playing good players, etc etc. Just like a plane, the person manning it knows how to work it, and he's had years training up for it. But after he switches on auto pilot, the thought process just goes right out the window.
Thats a good definition of it. The only time this happens to me as of right now atleast it's not often but sometimes when I'm getting pressured super hard, I can't get off block button because I don't know when against say kung lao. Idk if thats me being on auto or just not knowing when to strike.

iMLGzus

Venom Addict/Space Pope
I had always thought about trying to mentor people, but was never really sure how good I was compared to most. I thought maybe they could be better teachers than I. But, while playing a KoTH with Dai and instanoodlz yesterday, I realized I know more than i give myself credit for. Noodlz wanted to try a few new characters and picked up Scrub Zero, (who I main/side), and I found myself giving him tips/setups/combo advice through out the match. So it was by accident I realized I have more to give than I thought. Not saying I'm the best Sub or Kung Lao, because I know 100% thats not true, but if any newcomers, or even just someone who wants a change of scenery, wants to try Sub Zero or Kung Lao, I can share what information I have. Don't be afraid to hit me up and ask questions. If i'm not overly busy, i'll try to make time for a lesson.

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
Mainly because it's almost impossible to really teach someone online.

And if you think people don't mentor eachother offline then you're wrong.
You can teach theory and fundamentals online. These are the most important, especially if your pupil doesn't understand high level play.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk