What's new

So who stuck with their pre-release main and who didn't?

Did you stick with your pre-release main?

• I play exactly who I said I would.

Votes: 94 63.9%
  • No they weren't right for me/what I expected.

Votes: 29 19.7%
  • In a character crisis right now.

Votes: 24 16.3%

• Total voters

myri

Time Warrior
Just wondering about this. Before release a lot of people said they were gunna play/main certain characters day 1, I wanna know how many of you stuck to your guns on those claims.

I said I'd play Ivy and I have been, she is my main 100%. I wasn't impressed with her at first but she grew on me (pun not intended) and yeah she's fun.

So what about you guys, did you stick with the character you chose before release? Did you swap to someone else? Are you in a character crisis? Did you claim to be the most committed Swamp Thing main ever before release then play Darkseid and Red Hood instead? @CrazyFingers

Let me know.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I didn't like Ivy and even tho I had a lot of fun with Cheetah, she is not for me at all... I still use Wonder Woman tho but I main Harley and Catwoman/WW as sexondaries

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I was set on playing Grodd on release. Less than 10 minutes in I scrapped that idea.

Next I went to Cold for like 2 weeks before realizing he was trash so I moved on.

Dabbled in some other characters but settled on Atro. Got frustrated and decided to drop him for Darkseid. After a week of that realized that I was playing Atro wrong and went back to Atro.

I don't think i've ever played who I wanted to before release in any NRS game.

TamedLizard

Buff George
Yup. Sticking with Catwoman and Aquaman, and will be playing Sub once he's released.

Will also look into Starfire to hopefully fill the zoner void.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I had my doubts whether or not Green Lantern was still going to be my main in this one after they completely changed his specials but I'm doing fine with him. I actually don't think he's ever not going to be my main.

I thought I'd like Ivy but she feels uncomfortable to play for me. Occasionally I dust her off and practice her execution, but then get frustrated with her inputs (partly because of the input leniency) and put her back on the shelf.

So I decided to stick to my Injustice 1 main, Harley, but I don't like how her focus has been shifted into zoning in this game. I'm currently trying to find a secondary to fill the needs that Harley doesn't.

Long story short, who the hell knows who I'll end up playing next week.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yes and no. I planned on Swamp Thing and Aquaman as mains and ended up not playing Swampy on release but he was too ass so I just stuck to Aquaman. But he ended up being boring so I went through a couple of characters till I ended back up at Swamp thing. Hes fun but he's still ass.

Espio

Kokomo
I was beyond hype for Blue Beetle pre-release, played him in the beta and then fell in love with him in the official release even more. He is super fun with a lot of versatility. I like his pressure, mobility and zoning reminds me of a former main.

His personality is dorky as fuck and cheesy, but that fits the type of person I am too so it's perfect lol.

Ivy and Grodd were to hard execution wise for me
Braniac and captian cold didnt clique like i expected
Canary and Firestorm still working on if or if not

Thingy

Retired account
Wanted to main Bane, but the character just didn't feel right to me in this game. So I went with Catwoman week 1 since she was one of my mains in Injustice 1. I knew she was amazing in this game back when people were saying she was garbage and low tier. Lol, I miss week 1 and 2.