What's new

so what are your opinions on raptors os?

i played a kung lao player yesterday who was hit confirming everything. at first i thought he was cheating but than i watched rooflmongers video on that os and honestly it's insane. now that it's out for 2 weeks how do you guys feel about it? did somebody already abused that shit on you?

I feel a lot of the people here or online aren't consistent with it enough to even use it. a lot of kneejerk complaints for something you'll probably only really see in tournament.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I wouldn't be surprised. I met a couple of people that I beat, but they were wavedashing flawlessly or flawless-blocking consistently. There are some people out there who are definitely willing to grind these kinds of tech.

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
being difficult to do doesnt make it ok, having a block infinite that requires a just frame or two frames wouldnt be ok either, sure most people can't do it, but on the chance someone CAN master it, its literally busted. An infinite is much worse but the point still stands, just because something is hard to do doesnt mean you should just let it rock.

I feel a lot of the people here or online aren't consistent with it enough to even use it. a lot of kneejerk complaints for something you'll probably only really see in tournament.
If it comes up ANYWHERE for ANY reason it's bullshit. Absolutely no place in this game.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I don't like it, too many situations where it just removes player choice and reads. Should be removed.

Some people say "blah blah there is counterplay", all the best uses of it have exactly 0 counterplay and its pretty BS.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
I really don't like OS'es, but if its really as hard to do as people say then i don't have a problem with it.

Won't be using it myself though.

I'd prefer it removed. But also somewhat skeptical if it will impact completetive play due to the difficulty of doing it.

I can get it about 3 out of 5 times in practice mode with Sub Zero who is one of the easier ones with his F2 I think? That's not even in the heat of a match, and if you screw up the timing you can lose damage on hit.

But if it weren't for the prohibitively difficult timing there's no doubt this would fuck the game up. And it's not a good reason to keep it "because it's hard and we won't see it often". Like not vaccinated because the chances are small

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm not sure how I feel about it.. it is just to early to really tell how it will effect ultra high-level. I mean you have a small part of the community complaining the game isn't technical enough and there is no super high execution advantages over lower tier players.... then people want this removed, which is a high level execution and situational aware technique.

The thing about tech is that until it is in the wild and used by many you can not really tell. It may "reduce" options.. but again, that is the point of it.. if everyone is using it then a new meta develops around it.. if only a few are using it, then they are getting rewarded for being better execution players, which is a cool think in a way.

All in all, what I am saying is that I just do not know. I think that this thing needs to rock over a few patches and see what the community can do with this tech in actual majors and see the real world effect and ALSO see how the meta responses to that.

Outright banning and patching it out seems like a gross over reaction at this stage.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I play a character who dies on block almost no matter which button I press.
So I'm a bit happy for it.
On the other hand the characters that shit on mine will be so much stronger for it. I already punish for 15% and struggle uphill. Making everything safe is just bad.

it doesn't seem like it's becoming the pandemic that people are screaming about but it doesn't matter because from what I've heard; it would take an insane amount of time to actually get rid of it since it's basically baked into the game's code. i don't really care so deal wit it bums

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
i played a kung lao player yesterday who was hit confirming everything. at first i thought he was cheating but than i watched rooflmongers video on that os and honestly it's insane. now that it's out for 2 weeks how do you guys feel about it? did somebody already abused that shit on you?
A lao did exactly what you're talking about to me, I didnt get flustered though.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I don’t think the OS is going to be here for long. However, even if it does, I’m playing online. Very rarely is someone going to do it consistently at a high level. Makes no difference if it stays in the game or leaves. It’s still my turn after I block their attacks. Get thrown or get tapped with my mid. With characters like Jax, Kang, Lao, Baraka, Sub Zero and a few others, they’ll see pretty much safe no matter what as a baseline lol.