What's new

so this is the new mk movie?

X820

Noob
GDI, I was about to post this lol :)

Looks promising, as long as they lay off the over the top fighting.

AC1984

Kaballin!
WOW.....seriously WOW...blood in the fights , "underground tournament with the best fighters and criminals....That sounds awesome...

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
Whoever is behind this didn't purchase the domain MortalKombatRebirth.com to go along with the YouTube account. That domain is now owned by us and points to TRMK. This is not something Warner Bros. would do as they are known to purchase domains long before anything is even on them.
I think it might be possible that a new movie AND game are both coming out, or at least being announced at the same time.

Pretty sure it's a movie pitch by a director who thinking he can get something real off the ground if this gets enough attention.

ScheissNussen said:
Mortal Kombat: The Dark Knight
What a load of shit. If MKDC is possible, so is this.

If this is to promote the game and the game is like this I will be pissed.
I agree. This teaser has to be a hype from WB's next game. It can't be a movie if their spoiling parts of the movie already. And why would some 'directer' be doing this just to get attention. Maybe fan made? But, then again, the actors! Don't think they come in at a low price.

For MK9, I hope Ed Boon keeps his words about being 2-D old school. I seen photos (probably fake) of it looking 3-D. Mystery indeed..

Noob
Ok, so after going through a few different trademark sites, I've only come up with 3 new registries in 2010. All registries before are either cancelled, abandoned or refer directly to an existing game, movie or other media.

In no specific order:

1. 3/16/2010 MORTAL KOMBAT

More Details >> Providing an on-line computer game; conducting contests on-line; providing a computer game that may be accessed by a providing an on-line computer game; conducting contests on-line; providing a computer game that may be accessed by a telecommunications network; and electronic publishing services, namely, publication of text and graphic works of others on-line featuring articles, novelizations, scripts, comic books, strategy guides, photographs and visual materials
More... Education; providing of training; entertainment; sporting and cultural activities.
More...

NON-FINAL ACTION - MAILED
5/27/2010

2. 3/16/2010 MORTAL KOMBAT

More Details >> Clothing for men, women and children - namely, shirts, t-shirts, sweatshirts, jogging suits, trousers, pants, shorts, tank tops, skirts, blouses, dresses, rainwear, sweaters, jackets, coats, raincoats, snow suits, ties, robes, hats, caps, sunvisors, belts, scarves, sleepwear, pajamas, lingerie, underwear, boots, shoes, sneakers, sandals, socks, booties, slipper socks, swimwear and masquerade and Halloween costumes and masks sold in connection therewith
More... Clothing, footwear, headgear.
More...

APPROVED FOR PUBLICATION
5/26/2010

3. MORTAL KOMBAT

More Details >> CD ROM computer game discs; game equipment sold as a unit for playing a parlor-type computer game; downloadable software for use in playing online computer games, downloadable computer game software; video and computer game programs; video game cartridges and cassettes
More... Scientific, nautical, surveying, photographic, cinematographic, optical, weighing, measuring, signalling, checking (supervision), life-saving and teaching apparatus and instruments; apparatus and instruments for conducting, switching, transforming, accumulating, regulating or controlling electric...
More...

APPROVED FOR PUBLICATION
6/1/2010

Noob
LOL.. sorry... here's a quick rundown.

1. March 16, 2010 - A Trademark application was mailed to the USPTO(United States Patent and Trademark Office) to be filed with them for the name/term/phrase "Mortal Kombat" and it's use for online gameplay. The final action was mailed to courts for legalization on May 27, 2010 This is most likely to coincide with Mortal Kombat 9 and it's online gameplay.

2. March 16, 2010 - A Trademark application was mailed to the USPTO to be filed with them for the name/term/phrase "Mortal Kombat" on clothing and apparel. The approval for this publication was finalized and approved on May 26, 2010. Again, most likely to coincide with the release of MK9, and I wouldn't be surprised if this was in particular for any Gamestop exclusive shirts.

3. On June 1, 2010 a trademark application was approved for publication for the name/term/phrase "Mortal Kombat" for use on CD ROM games and discs, game equipment, and arcade(parlor type) computer games....as well as others listed in the orginal post. This is most likely to be the final "go ahead" and approval to publish the game that will be Mortal Kombat 9.

S

Shaney

Hope this actually goes through, MK needs something like this. I'd be disappointed if this was just for the game that will more than likely be a disappointment and/or failure like the past few have been. I'm loving that darker look it has, too.