What's new

So the Roster is Confirmed but..

I love me these guys who were all about "BRINK NIU KHARAKTERS BORED OF THE SAME OLD " and now that we know the roster they sweat a little bit about their favourite familiar faces.:D

The next 4 years of whining will be epic

Hitoshura

Head Cage
But I have a question about this Video that happened a while ago.
Was this announcer guy just ad libbing it up or is Shang Tsung going to be in MKX?
I used to work for Gamestop. That guy always spits misinformation. Don't take it for a grain of salt.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
I really hope Goro is his own character and isn't sharing real estate with Kintaro (eww) or Sheeva (I love her, but let Goro be his own character, he rarely gets to be playable after all).
CHARACTER SKIN, it's not like I'm asking that Kintaro to be a Variation for Goro.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
Yeah, if they can have Hal Jordan/John Stewart GLs, classic/Regime Supes, Kuai Liang/Bi-Han Sub-Zero they could easily have Kintaro be a skin for Goro with some custom dialogues.
Plus don't forget it's already confirmed they're doing this in MKX. Carl Weathers as a skin for Jax (which is fucking sweet btw)

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
I can understand blowing away Kuhbaul, Skarlet and rest of the crew!. What I cant understand no matter how I look at it, is how the fuck is this even possible that we are not getting any Klassic Robots...I really thought if they had enough of Cyraxs Bullshit comedy that they did in MK9 , they could at least bring in Robot Smoke - and no Predator or Spwan would be more hype then Cyber Smoke him self.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
thats the thing I want there to be so many matchups that no one completely figures them out so its mo
re genuine instead of known disadvantages being used against people
Well that's kinda the issue with games that have huge expansive rosters. especially in a competitive aspect. people are going to find what works and stick to their guns, leaving lots of possibility for character exploration, but not much motivation.

Let's take SFxT for example, huge roster, plenty of nee characters and a decent fighting system. With all at their disposal people still seem to take 40+ characters and find their favorite 6-10 that take over the complete meta. Only exception would be people who specialize in their characters..

Basically, a game with this much variety could be daunting to this audience. Maybe we will find a new Kabal and 80% of tournament players pick the character, causing the online warriors to follow suite and the game becomes "fighting Kabal tier" and not "mortal kombat".

TL;DR what I'm basically saying is, I hope everyone picks up atleast 3 characters and really fleshes them out rather than running to presumably the top tier at the start of the game.

We want this game to become more like street fighter, where its based less on character match up and more on player match up. Jeeze I have high expectations lol

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
But why would they have a character slot designated for random select when they could just make it like mk9 where you hit your options button and select it there. Seems silly to me.
That is true so well just have to wait and see lol

Spletty

Grandmaster
But why would they have a character slot designated for random select when they could just make it like mk9 where you hit your options button and select it there. Seems silly to me.
i was actually thinking this today in class. they haven't done a random select icon since mk (not sure about before) so why would they start now? i actually think this is the unlockable character, one that hasn't been leaked or announced yet.

i sincerely believe we have one more unleaked, unnanounced, and unexpected character

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
i was actually thinking this today in class. they haven't done a random select icon since mk (not sure about before) so why would they start now? i actually think this is the unlockable character, one that hasn't been leaked or announced yet.

i sincerely believe we have one more unleaked, unnanounced, and unexpected character
So do I. Maybe even more than 1.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I'm telling you the "?" will be a hidden character.

It seems silly for NRS to include a "?" as a random select when they had the option to do it in the hidden cursor menu in Injustice.