What's new

Strategy - Master of Souls So that Wowow?

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
So I've been noticing that MoS seems to be the go-to variations because of it's damage output, vortex and all around badassery. With that being said, what about Wowow (vanish)

I've managed to use it a few times to get my opponent to whiff but I find it is really really helpful during pressure. Similar to MK9 Smoke, when you shake in the middle of your pressure and cancel out of it to bait the opponent into releasing block.
As a wake up, it sucks I find, no armor and slow start up.

Anybody used it or looked out possible situations it might help? Maybe make a teleport-happy scorpion whiff his teleport and punish? Is that doable?

zaf

professor
Just go in the lab. Do a bunch of pressure to ermac and set him to reversal disappear/vanish. The AI will try to do both regular and EX versions of the move ( which ever you picked) and you can see where it is helpful.

I have found situations where the disappear is an answer to pressure. It kind of has to be a hard read. This is not a move you can blatantly shoot out as an answer to everything. For example, against Dvorah she can EX rush after a blockstring to try and catch you doing something. So you can use the vanish as a reversal to make the ex rush whiff. You just need to learn the timing of how long to stay because there is a tricky last hit of that EX rush. Also I am not entirely sure you can even punish her after you come out of the disappear. That still needs testing. I do not think you can, but don't quote me on that.

Oh By the way, YOU CAN BE GRABBED OUT OF THIS MOVE.

i used it at first with noobs at low level, it was fun watching them wiffing on me))) but then i played with eastern europes and russias few top players, who punished me everysingle time i used vanish. vanilla vanish is complete garbage as on startup as well as its recovery.
ALSO, VANISH CAN BE Punished instantly WITH A SIMPLE THROW.

Reactions: zaf

zaf

professor
i used it at first with noobs at low level, it was fun watching them wiffing on me))) but then i played with eastern europes and russias few top players, who punished me everysingle time i used vanish. vanilla vanish is complete garbage as on startup as well as its recovery.
ALSO, VANISH CAN BE Punished instantly WITH A SIMPLE THROW.
Yea I just mentioned that above dude lol..

Same thing applies to mileena in ethereal.

PaletteSwap

Misanthropiate
It's risky but I like using it on jump in to bait a whiffed uppercut. It'd be nice if you can keep your forward momentum but I'm happy that you can teleport punch after it.

migosan

MK Philippines / Injustice Philippines
yes sadly ermacs balls can be grabbed anytime he's on the ground, :( i wish we'd keep this secret for now haahah,

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
This Wowow is great against Goro (or other characters that have a slow special)
When Goro is about to do his special where he jumps off screen and drops on top of you (like Sheeva did), you can easily vanish and you have all the time in the world. Or against Shinnock's Skeleton hand that drops from the sky..it works for that too.

I've been noticing that a lot of clutch things have happened with it but by complete accident. So like if I have an opponent in the corner, it's happened that I'm trying to pressure them and accidentally vanish. In doing so, I also make them whif their wake up lol. So I can continue pressuring.
Or once someone woke up by grabbing the interactive hammer (on Quan Chi's chamber level) and I accidentally vanished so they missed. Looked fucking sick and OF COURSE, I pretended like it was all done on purpose. :D

zaf

professor
The start up of the normal disappear seems to be too slow to avoid some crucial things.
However spending the 1 meter for Vanish, makes the start up a lot faster. Not sure how I feel about spending the 1 meter on that though.

Another thing with this move is how the hell are we supposed to punish once we are out.
Say you bait a move and your opponent whiffs because you vanished, nothing seems to come out fast enough to be able to punish them....

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
The start up of the normal disappear seems to be too slow to avoid some crucial things.
However spending the 1 meter for Vanish, makes the start up a lot faster. Not sure how I feel about spending the 1 meter on that though.

Another thing with this move is how the hell are we supposed to punish once we are out.
Say you bait a move and your opponent whiffs because you vanished, nothing seems to come out fast enough to be able to punish them....
It really depends on the moves. Like I wouldn't use it to try and get out of a Kung Lao pressuring me with punchs and hat swipes. But it works great for things like I previously mentionned because their recovery is quite long so you are positive when you get out and can start pressuring. It does feel a bit tight but I think you definitely are at an advantage (especially if you vanish when Goro drops from the sky)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I found 2 ways that vanish might be used viably against opponents while playing a Kung Lao player:

- A lot of KL players will spin as AA if you jump towards them. So you can vanish in the sky (not in range of the spin of course) so that they whiff and you can reappear, drop down, and apply pressure w/ a fast move like 222

- KL players often will run up to use to continue the pressure (true for many characters) so if you see someone running at you to continue pressure, you can vanish and they, on occasion, can end up passing you completely and continue to the other side

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main

A neat trick you can do with Vanish is bait your opponent so he's below you, make them whiff an uppercut (or whatever) and Vanish out into NJP (into j4 - teleport - f4 - soul ball - vortex). It's worked on decent players, the NJP is very fast

A neat trick you can do with Vanish is bait your opponent so he's below you, make them whiff an uppercut (or whatever) and Vanish out into NJP (into j4 - teleport - f4 - soul ball - vortex). It's worked on decent players, the NJP is very fast
i accidentally did exactly that to a very good player, lol'ed right after.
not sure if i can do it consistently and on purpose though.

zaf

professor
Yea I've been trying to make use of this. Smart players remember that this is a thing and will just wait you out. But It will still catch them off guard if used sparingly.