What's new

So rage quitters can pull the jack to their delight?

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
This behaviour was also prevalent in the first game. Personally I don't care about win/loss record and I find it hilarious to see the same people doing it now that did it then. Stick to COD guys you're clearly lacking the sportsmanship to play fighters. At least they have a crack at beating people before disconnecting I'd rather see that than all the noob hunting accounts I see with a 95%+ win ratio that constantly decline matches eve though mine is closer to 50%

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
played some guy on wifi. He counter picked. He tbags. He got mopped. He pulls the plug before the last combo finishes his life bar. He goes unpunished. I have to go back to the menu, reconnect a bunch of things just to get back in the room.

This shouldn't be a thing.

Don't think it's possible for the game to tell if someone rage quits on a p2p system. They can see 2 people lost connection to each other, but it can't see more detail than that.

They can check if one person is disconnecting from other players constantly, but given that they're probably playing out other matches, it could be hard to determine.

I'm not sure what's preventing them from having something like a quitality though, I assume they were tracking more stats, or something else was different

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I'm not sure what's preventing them from having something like a quitality though, I assume they were tracking more stats, or something else was different
The quitality works only if someone goes at Options menu (START), and then selects "QUIT" or just quitting the entire game by closing the PS4.

The problem here is what you just said. The game cannot differentiate the disconnections, because it's usually from the servers that lose their connections globally, and the manual disconnections.

I have often felt upon those rage quitters (whether they select the "Quit" or the manual disconnection), but I give no fuck about them. I know that I did beat them so often. I use the Ranked matches just for training against living AI.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I think it's pretty easy for them to detect who rage quit if they want to implement such a system - SFV does it and they're not exactly at the cutting edge in terms of the online experience. Not sure exactly how it works but I imagine that after a disconnect occurs, the server can just ping each of the players' systems. If one is still online while the other is unreachable (no longer connected to the internet), they will know who rage quit.

I totally agree with improving Ranked though. It's not *critical* - there are ample online/offline tournaments - but it definitely would be nice to have a meaningful Ranked mode. To me, it stands out as the one part of Injustice that's behind other modern FGs.

Da Tac0

GT: C88 Taco
Rage quitters are the same sort of people who wear safety pins to shown they're in a safe zone. Gotta love them snow flakes.

Tanno

I think it's pretty easy for them to detect who rage quit if they want to implement such a system - SFV does it and they're not exactly at the cutting edge in terms of the online experience. Not sure exactly how it works but I imagine that after a disconnect occurs, the server can just ping each of the players' systems. If one is still online while the other is unreachable (no longer connected to the internet), they will know who rage quit.
Very interesting tech. This should be implemented in all FGs.

I totally agree with improving Ranked though. It's not *critical* - there are ample online/offline tournaments - but it definitely would be nice to have a meaningful Ranked mode. To me, it stands out as the one part of Injustice that's behind other modern FGs.
SFV had extensive testing sessions to determine rage quitters. They needed people to report it so they could work on a more automated system.

The solution you propose doesn't really work and it requires all network connections to be tested and monitored. It's something that has to be identified as a trend for a player or reported and identified

Lokheit

Noob
Well if the game can't tell who disconnected, wouldn't you, the victim, also be grouped in with the actual disconnectors? In other games I believe it can only tell who rage quit, not one who purposely disconnects.

Definitely an issue though.
Should be as simple as check if the player is online after the match is ended as the one who disconnected would need time to connect again. If you're still online after the match ends, you're not penalized.

Add a dunce hat to rage quitters. also give them a quitality equivalent. The person who disconnects of any form gets the quitality. and an icon of a dunce at the side of his online icon.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
To all of the NRS folks,

I concur to the idea of grouping them outside of the actual players that are NOT quitting the game via manual disconnection. Take BBC as example of the infamous ragequitter.

I consider the manual disconnection as a hack and must be banned from the FGW (Fighting Game World). We need to prevent this disastrous disease from occuring here. Any ragequitter that uses this hack must be banned from the online element of any game you NRS folks create. This way we'll be finally at ease.
Several high-profile games do this and it tends to work out very well. Look at GTA V, they group all poor sports together so they can only play each other. It's a start and would certainly help. Other than that, a disconnect should be registered as a loss for both players. Yes, it would suck for the innocent person who had nothing to do with it, but I guarantee it would curtail a lot of the crap going on in most fighting games.

When I played only as Swamp Thing it seems people had no issue losing to him. Some even turn on their mic to say "cool never seen his combos before" and shit like that.

Now that I use Cyborg as well as soon as I get them full screen and start hittin em wit missiles from all angles they ragequit. I say at least 70% of the time.

People take this shit too serious

Tanno

Several high-profile games do this and it tends to work out very well. Look at GTA V, they group all poor sports together so they can only play each other. It's a start and would certainly help. Other than that, a disconnect should be registered as a loss for both players. Yes, it would suck for the innocent person who had nothing to do with it, but I guarantee it would curtail a lot of the crap going on in most fighting games.
I know about the consequences that would befall upon all of us, bro. This is why I can't think of a fix to this problem. If there was a fix, I would recommend it to help others.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
When I played only as Swamp Thing it seems people had no issue losing to him. Some even turn on their mic to say "cool never seen his combos before" and shit like that.

Now that I use Cyborg as well as soon as I get them full screen and start hittin em wit missiles from all angles they ragequit. I say at least 70% of the time.

People take this shit too serious
But not seriously enough to learn how to deal with it.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Meh. My stats are out the window anyway.

I disconnect when people don't select competitive so I'm taking maximum losses.

A loss for both players? Really? Can you add more incentive for the behavior? This makes no sense at all.

It's bad enough right now that the innocent get a disconnect tally. Right now, the rage quitters have all the incentive in the world to keep griefing by pulling the jack and denying a win and adding disconnect noise to the stats.

I could care less about my win/loss record I just don't to waste my game time with scumbags that behave this way. I would rather spend time losing to honest players and enjoying the match play.

In fact, when I get a couple of wins in a row, I typically switch to a non-main just so the other player gets a better chance at a win. That's how I play and I know others who are like-minded can't stand wasting time with rage quitters.

The one consoling thing the stats do paint is an obvious picture on who the rage quitters are. Simply look at high win rates combined with high disconnect percentages and boom there is your rage quitter scum.

Really the stats that should be visible during the pre-match pop-up is win percentage along with disconnect percentage, the higher each of them are the more likely they are raging.

I assume you are using the menu to exit the match. There is nothing wrong with this but if you are disconnecting by pulling the network jack then... you know what type of person you are.

Tanno

^Exactly this attitude will make you like BBC. If you value your life in FGC, don't go this way. Simply select the "QUIT" and move along.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
And what happens when you find out these people are far more petty than you thought and will continue to pull the cord just to make sure you take a loss right along with them?
Still might lower the volume a bit, but somebody out there is going to do it just to try and f you because you had the nerve to beat them at a game.

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
^Exactly this attitude will make you like BBC. If you value your life in FGC, don't go this way. Simply select the "QUIT" and move along.
Well, I mean I do either back out at character select or press start and quit at the beginning of the map if that's what you mean.

But I'm thinking it all counts as the same thing anyway

EDIT:

I assume you are using the menu to exit the match. There is nothing wrong with this but if you are disconnecting by pulling the network jack then... you know what type of person you are.
See above. Just thought they were the same thing. Ignore me.