What's new

So is the WWE all star fightpad the same as the SF4 fight pad.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I bought the fightpad after my second silver controller's dpad cracked and fell off again after 3 months. Thank goodness for gamestop warranty's. I heard so many great things about the WWE all star fight pad which is supposed to be the same as the SF4 fightpad. I'm not sure if they changed the design or what but it seems but mine seems unresponsive, when I hold the trigger button for block it seems to let go of block ocasionally which is getting me hit for stupid reasons.

This controller is pissing me off to quite a bit as far as button placement and responsiveness, and even the dpad which is better than the MS one seems unresponsive at times. Maybe its defective. But I've used it for 4 days now and seem to be getting worse. I really don't see what all the hype is about. I'm even using a regular MS controller now and I find I have more control over my characters than that big clunky thing with the huge Dpad. Is this version worse or different than the SF4 fightpad or am I just having a really hard time adjusting to it?

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Maybe its just preference, but I got mine last Thurday and I'm loving it. The first day I almost wanted to take it back, but now its so much easier to land moves. When I realized with this dpad I can just press diagonal directions instead of the sweeping, d f motion, it opened up a whole new game for me.

But if you're not comfortable with it, you might try the Hori fightpad, I think its a little leaner. But I don't think GS would carry it.

Back to the Fightpad, I had to expirament with the config, but the one I'm most comfortable with was the standard setup with throw as LB and tag as RB.

Oh and yes its exactly the same as the SF pad just 10 bucks cheaper.

jyoung

Noob
I've been using the Hulk Hogan pad since it came out.

Works great for me.

I use default config except I have throw as LB and tag as RB.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
The worst factor I find about it is, I can't get used to not having the top button or trigger being held down for block, and the small trigger either the button isnt working right or its not big enough for me to hold down properly when I want to. It seems to let go of block somewhat frequently. At least once a match.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I've been using the Hulk Hogan pad since it came out.

Works great for me.

I use default config except I have throw as LB and tag as RB.
I have the one that looks like Hulk Hogan and maybe Andre the Giant or someone on it? I don't know who the other guy is.

jyoung

Noob
It's that John Cena douche.

I hate the new WWE. Really gone downhill since guys like Lesnar/Guerrero/Benoit/Angle either quit the company or died from its rigors.

Gambini

Noob
For those who have it, how well do moves that have :l:r or :u:d in them do? Like Jade's glow, Sub-Zero's slide, Cage's kick, teleports, etc.? Because with Jade on an x-box controller d-pad, 8/10 times I try to glow, I end up throwing a boomerang (I usually play ps3).

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
For those who have it, how well do moves that have :l:r or :u:d in them do? Like Jade's glow, Sub-Zero's slide, Cage's kick, teleports, etc.? Because with Jade on an x-box controller d-pad, 8/10 times I try to glow, I end up throwing a boomerang (I usually play ps3).
The D pad is immensely better than the 360 pad. I can do pretty much every special way easier. Its just a matter of getting used to its chunkyness and button placement.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
The pad is perfect for me, I've had mine since June and haven't had any issues with it. I'm not sure what's wrong with your block button Lumpy, but it sounds like it might be a personal thing or a defect in your specific controller.

I tried using the normal xbox dpad after using this for a while, and holy hell it really shows how much that thing sucks.

But yeah, the artwork is stupid. I really wish Gamestops carried the SF ones instead of the WWE ones. I mean, I wouldn't think the WWE game surpassed SF4 in popularity.

jyoung

Noob
I play Sheeva, and I have no problem doing teleport (down, up) or grab 'n' punch (back, forward, 3), or any of her moves, really.

If you're a pad guy, this is a solid controller.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
I always wanted to try out a pad other than the generic 360 controller, the layout on fighting pads is much better it seems. Are the buttons more responsive as well?

jyoung

Noob
WWE Brawl Pad's buttons are definitely responsive.

I can pull off Sheeva's 212 F1 grab 'n' punch BNB combo with my eyes closed and it comes out every time.

Before I got the WWE Brawl Pad, I struggled to pull off any combos at all using the stock Xbox 360 controller. Even doing Sheeva's simple teleport (down, up) was hit or miss on that piece of crap stock 360 d-pad.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
I always wanted to try out a pad other than the generic 360 controller, the layout on fighting pads is much better it seems. Are the buttons more responsive as well?
Very responsive for me. Reminds me of a larger version of the old Genesis 6 button pad, but with SNES style LR bumpers.

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Genesis was my childhood console, I definitely need to consider getting this pad. Me being a WWE fan helps too, though I'm gonna be getting the Trips/Rock one. This would probably be great for KoFXIII when it comes out as well, so it'll get use out of plenty of other games. Now I just need to wait for my income to get better...

Z-911-Z

Bone and Metal
Oh shit, I looked at Amazon and it said $37. Looks like I'll hit up Gamestop's website sometime soon.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
This is the exact one I got:

Man that thing is UGLY. I mean to say, It looks like a good pad and all, but I can't stand that design. Who wants that?? If it was pure white I would definitely get it. Only $20 is pretty convincing though, is there any way to remove the design? It just ruins it for me :(

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
Yea I don't care for the design. But for 20 bucks its worth it. Don't know if I'd pay more than 20 though. BUT, this thing works PERFECTLY with PC emulators, so its value was increased x10 for me.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
Man that thing is UGLY. I mean to say, It looks like a good pad and all, but I can't stand that design. Who wants that?? If it was pure white I would definitely get it. Only $20 is pretty convincing though, is there any way to remove the design? It just ruins it for me :(
Lol, I know I'm embarrassed to use it too. You can probably still order the SF4 design pads online though. It doesn't bother me to the point where I will refuse to use it though.

Migaluch

Double Dasher
Wow you know I'm hating the normal Xbox controller so much that I might actually get it. Just one question, how does the controller perform when trying to just for pull off moves like Reptiles db2 Acid Hand or Subs db1 ice clone? I just wanna know if it is easy to pull off.

I have the Rock/Triple H pad for 360 and I think it's fantastic. I picked mine up at Gamestop for $20, it's certainly a steal at that price. Everything seems responsive and well placed once you adjust to the layout.

Now about the graphics on the front -_- I'm considering taking it apart, sanding it down and doing a custom paint job lol.

The only thing that really bothers me are the tiny and hard to press back and start buttons. To make it worse, they're right next to a turbo button and LED light which are the exact same size with an almost equally tiny guide button in the middle of it all.

After using it for awhile I got used to it, but it's still pretty damn inconvenient if you ask me. But all in all I think it's a very nice pad.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I have a Vanilla SF4 Akuma pad for Xbox 360 for sale, if anyone is interested.

$20 plus shipping to wherever you live! :)