What's new

So.... is Quan Chi too gdlk?

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
The only thing i think thats really annoying is his ridiculous advantage after a jumpin punch+u3

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Starting to see a lot more Crunchys online now. Some are very smart but he'll never be god like. He just goes low every time. Easy to block.

I'm learning his basic stuff today.
I think that he says "Good day" like Fez from That 70's Show instead of "Woolay".
Never seen a Quan onlline though..
Watched DIGI's stream last night and seen you on there Admiral.
~Hound.

Creepy00

Noob
Well quan chi has really been tone down since release, but still has potential to win. He is a thinking character
Sup admiral

Creepy00

Noob
I'm learning his basic stuff today.
I think that he says "Good day" like Fez from That 70's Show instead of "Woolay".
Never seen a Quan onlline though..
Watched DIGI's stream last night and seen you on there Admiral.
~Hound.
I was using sub, sub brother ;)

Creepy:
I know man! Loved it! And your Ermac and Mileena were awesome as well. Great job Creepy. :)

Error:
Damn, Must've missed it. Sorry.

~Hound

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I don't know, I think he's effectively useless at everything but using Trance to win fireball wars. But I had some correspondence with Under The Mayo via PM a little bit ago and he seems quite sure that Quan-Chi has a favorable match-up against Kung Lao. So maybe ask him.

Kuai Liang

Tundra
I'm getting better with Quan Chi. He was my first character I used when I got the game and he has changed a lot it seems. Would love to see how some of you guys use him. I'm all for stepping my game up with him. If you can time Quan Chi's trance it's a great anti air, I use it a lot on people who think they can just jump all over the place or I'll jump punch/kick and sky drop to be right on top of them. I think Quan Chi is good but he's hard to play if people know how to block his mixups.

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled
I don't know, I think he's effectively useless at everything but using Trance to win fireball wars. But I had some correspondence with Under The Mayo via PM a little bit ago and he seems quite sure that Quan-Chi has a favorable match-up against Kung Lao. So maybe ask him.
Liu Lang: "That's your pran!? Gwobble before quan chi???!!"

Kryogenic

The Coolinator
Is it the epitome of laziness to leave out the o, i, and e of a word? Why yes... yes it is.

Let's not forget the ever popular imba, because God forgive you have to waste that entire millisecond of your existence typing those last six freaking letters: l-a-n-c-e-d.

And for the record the only time I've lost to someone playing Quan Chi was a guy that was using a macro controller and I'm sure we'll be seeing him featured on www.whywasibanned.com in the near future.

Error

DF2+R2
Is it the epitome of laziness to leave out the o, i, and e of a word? Why yes... yes it is.

Let's not forget the ever popular imba, because God forgive you have to waste that entire millisecond of your existence typing those last six freaking letters: l-a-n-c-e-d.

And for the record the only time I've lost to someone playing Quan Chi was a guy that was using a macro controller and I'm sure we'll be seeing him featured on www.whywasibanned.com in the near future.
Heil Grammar!

ETC AdmiralAugustus

Grabble Frazzled

Ohhhhh noooeeezzzz I've been trollledddd. So ein mist! Ich wurde eine krankenschwester brauchen!!!!!

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
One very predictable wakeup, an standard damage output, and no defense options other than an uppercut.

The tradeoff? A Mike Tyson uppercut that competes with Cage, an amazing sweep, and tricky 50/50 normals.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
The problem I see with most QCs is that they think its straight offense so that's all they do. Jump in punch into a mix up that generally fails. Fuck that. I have lots of success with him by turtling at first and using skulls to build meter. Flight mode for the first half of the round, fight mode for the last half. In fight mode you're given one of the best offenses in the game. Mix up galore and a wicked reset that your opponent has to be watching for. Not to mention a combo into rune traps that if not broken, takes about 70% of your health. The only place I have trouble is when I'm forced into a corner. But GUESS WHAT?!?!? He's geting armor on the sky drop in the next patch. Hell fucking yeah.

KingRey

Noob
Yes... I used too many woolays in ranked and the game broke. I've gone through twelve discs because of quan
LOL....that's funny. Hey Admiral, when are we gonna get some more games in? I haven't played you in a while. I created a new account also. TMK_KingRey is my other PSN besides corpsmanrey. Hit me up if you see me on.

Error

DF2+R2
According to this guy, Quan Chi is too gdlk and rune trap is cheap as hell.

That is completely false, Quan Chi is one of my main characters, and I never rune trap, infact, I hardly ever use Runes at all. His teleport is by far the 2nd most useful in the game (The third being Sheeva's for the same reason) the first being Raiden's. He has the best mixups in the game, and even if you do know how to block it, he still has an amazing series of combo strings. He does significant damage per combo, he has great range capability with his mind control. Ontop of all of that, he can enhance his damage (Which can be VERY useful in a fight)

He is definitely S-Tier, or at the very least high mid.

He has so many amazing things with him I think they should nerf MORE than his runes. He most certainly does not need armor, maybe at most on his Enhanced wakeup, but nothing more. (And I only say that about his teleports is because Kung Lao can spin, and Nipples won't be able to touch him.

My friend Miniman pointed out the rune trap to me a while ago, I didn't actually know about it. He explained to me that it's cheap as hell, and I told him that I highly doubted anything Quan Chi did could be regarded as cheap. Sure enough, he got 60% damage on me using those Enh Runes on me, 3 bars, and there was NOTHING I could do to get out of it. So yes, it's cheap as hell depending on how good you are at exploiting it.