What's new

Question - Goro So is Goro a noob fighter ?

Recently got bashed on for using Goro by a whorl KotH lobby, as they claimed he was a noob char and I played him like a uh... "cat".

I tend to stick to things I'm comfortable

His Back 1-2 up 2 into a short combo for about 28%

His 2-1-4 Mix up 18%

And his ex PW wake up into a combo 28%

These are my main combos, course I use his fireball, stomp, grab, ect. jump kick .. Uppercut

But it's just Made me think... Is he really a noob char :eek:

Billy Dha Kid

Day 1 phenomenal grab immune
Recently got bashed on for using Goro by a whorl KotH lobby, as they claimed he was a noob char and I played him like a uh... "cat".

I tend to stick to things I'm comfortable

His Back 1-2 up 2 into a short combo for about 28%

His 2-1-4 Mix up 18%

And his ex PW wake up into a combo 28%

These are my main combos, course I use his fireball, stomp, grab, ect. jump kick .. Uppercut

@Espio

ruff321

Noob
The fact that he has a dbf command grab pretty much nullifies any claims of him being a noob character. He's also a character that requires alot of patience and he certainly has some bad matchups.

OP I wouldn't dwell on what a couple of idiots think about him.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
goro has a lot of obvious gaps in his pressure, namely after a block string. All of his pressure relies on having meter so you can make them respect EX punchwalk

if they aren't doing that then they deserve to get beat

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Noob character is a way that casuals define what we in the business call a "scrub buster".
In reality, while Goro isn't necessarily complex he certainly has his drawbacks and can be both optimized and punished by people who know what to do with him.

So no, there are easier more "noobish" characters in the game, and you shouldn't let them get to you.
Lay down a lackey vortex with run cancelling and people will call him a "noob character".

Only scrubs think goro is a "noob" character, and i'll tell you why I think that is

Punchwalk - even though punchwalk does what, 12% dmg? (correct me if im wrong) The same as a normal grab, it gives the casual player the illusion that you are absolutely beating the shit out of them with ease because of how many hits are involved. If you couldn't see the damage of a move and only the animation, goro would look completely busted because punchwalk makes it APPEAR as if for one easy input you absolutely beat the fuck out of your opponent, and that's how casuals see it

Stomp - Scrubs hate anything unblockable, even if its unsafe as hell and easy to see coming, if its unblockable its "broken"

and finally, his command grab, once again, same thing as punchwalk, gives the illusion of many hits so blah blah blah (read the punchwalk reasoning)

Goro isn't nooby, no character is, there are easier characters to use than others, that's a given, but every character takes a degree of skill, be proud to play the Shokan Prince, and don't worry about what online casuals say!