What's new

So... I'm a noob

And I need some help with a few things.

First off, what is a aaHP? Is that a Dash then HP? I have more questions but that's really the one that bothers me the most, I can't really come up with any strategies when I don't even know the terminology, so I'd like a little help. Thanks in advance guys and gals.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
The UMK3 Strategy Guide said:
Anti-Air:

Commonly referred to as "aa" directly in place of the attack which would be used as anti-air. These are attacks which are used to take someone out of the air. It is very important to understand every character's best aa opportunities. A standing HK is a very simple and effective way to anti air someone. Look to use this in close range if someone tries to jump away from a run jab scenario, but also sometimes use the run jabs to juggle into a special move. Some characters can aaHP others out of the air very easily, setting up decent, to super high damage combos. Off a single aaHP, Ermac can achieve 82% on almost every character, but Jade can only get 18% when countering a jumping attack. Some characters should go for RHs on their aa's because it will set up combos, traps, or other tactics and set ups. The best simple form of aa is the uppercut. Try and scout early JKs, run under, and uppercut them from the other side. It is a great psychological tactic. Run under RHs work well also with certain characters who hit high on the RH. Some characters have special moves which serve this purpose, like Ermac's lift. It can be used if the person jumps from far away, which can be baited by use of a non side switching teleport punch. Sindel's scream is excellent anti air, as well as Kano's upward ball. Kabal's spin can be used as anti air from even a ducking position.

stahan

Noob
if you press run or block while doing a lp, it will cancel it and have a faster recovery and animation. Great for run jabbing.

A kara jab is just a punch that is canceled with a block. So if you do a kara jab and kabal spins you, even though it looks like you're jabbing, you will block. It's good for baiting spins and other things.

stahan said:
if you press run or block while doing a lp, it will cancel it and have a faster recovery and animation. Great for run jabbing.

A kara jab is just a punch that is canceled with a block. So if you do a kara jab and kabal spins you, even though it looks like you're jabbing, you will block. It's good for baiting spins and other things.
Hahah Stahan dropping knowledge. Haven't played you in a while we should get a match next time we're both on.

Is too laggy on Xbl to pull these off effectively? i don't think I see this tactic used too often on XBL even when I play some pretty high level people. On occasion I'll see someone baiting with them but it seems to me to be a really under-utilized tactic. It'd prolly save my ass a lot as I tend to jump backwards, lk or try for the cross up a lot of the time when i'm getting rushed down by Kabals.

There's rarely ever a time when I go into a rush down and don't use kara jabs, always seem to prove more useful, at least for me than run jabs do.

Birkin

Noob
I always use kara-jabs too. I cancel everything with block too, much easier for me than pressing run. Unless timed perfectly, not even LK's or Uppercuts will hit you while you're kara-jabbing.