What's new

So, I tried the free weekend trial of MK11 on my PS4, and ...

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Holy moly, I can't believe how better the controls feel with the Dualshock 4. The D-pad is MUCH better for MK purposes (it's SO much easier to pull off combos).

I can see myself re-buying the game on the PS4 down the line, as well as Resident Evil 2. Yeah, I'll unlock everything from the start, but I don't care. Game is super fun to play, especially now that the Towers are quite fixed, and currencies are much faster to acquire.

Holy moly, I can't believe how better the controls feel with the Dualshock 4. The D-pad is MUCH better for MK purposes (it's SO much easier to pull off combos).

I can see myself re-buying the game on the PS4 down the line, as well as Resident Evil 2. Yeah, I'll unlock everything from the start, but I don't care. Game is super fun to play, especially now that the Towers are quite fixed, and currencies are much faster to acquire.
You serious? Dpad is 1 button meaning pressing back can make you jump if u slightly get near it. Its complete ass.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
Compared to what?
The Xbox One's dpad.

You serious? Dpad is 1 button meaning pressing back can make you jump if u slightly get near it. Its complete ass.
I always have that problem with the analog stick, but never with the pad of the Dualshock controller. I find the X-Box One's dpad harder to use, the cross is … less seamless - don't know how to describe it. I feel like I have to let it go for half a second before I press it in another direction. With the dualshock, my finger literally glides through the dpad and the inputs are much faster that way.

C-Sword

Noob
Ive noticed you review controllers , which one do you use personally?
I've been using the 8bitdo M30, it works natively on the Switch and PC. I need an adapter to get it to work on the PS4. The controller is a bit small, but its d-pad is godlike. Other options are the Hori Fighting Commander and DualShock 2. I've pre-ordered the PowerA Wired Fusion Fightpad and I'll post my thoughts on it soon.

Ozzy_K

Death waits for a slightest lapse in concentration
I use Dualshock 4 too, for PS 4 and also PC.
I have Battle Beaver Customs D-Pad buttons (separate button for each direction instead of one monothingy) installed, and I'm pretty happy with them. They don't solve all the problems (like me being a scrubby masher), but help avoid random jumping and some other similar input inconveniences, make inputs more clean.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Wouldn't a converter and/or some alternative pad be cheaper than buying another copy of the game? I bought the game twice so I'm not against the idea. I'm just saying if that is the core reasoning, then there are other options.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I've been using the 8bitdo M30, it works natively on the Switch and PC. I need an adapter to get it to work on the PS4. The controller is a bit small, but its d-pad is godlike. Other options are the Hori Fighting Commander and DualShock 2. I've pre-ordered the PowerA Wired Fusion Fightpad and I'll post my thoughts on it soon.
Common concerning point of the Fusion Fightpad, I've been hearing, is the bumpers are really sensitive. Which was a problem with the Retro-Bit Saturn controllers.

I plan on checking it out, too, and the Razer Raion eventually.

C-Sword

Noob
Common concerning point of the Fusion Fightpad, I've been hearing, is the bumpers are really sensitive. Which was a problem with the Retro-Bit Saturn controllers.

I plan on checking it out, too, and the Razer Raion eventually.
I don't trust Razer. They charge you premium prices for mediocre products. The face buttons are placed way too low, I guess that you'd be fine if you play with the controller on your lap and use 3 fingers for the buttons, but I don't play that way. All they had to do was reducing the size of the touchpad or replacing it with a button, but they chose to use the same one they had on their other controllers.

Anyone ever ordered one of those custom controllers with the independant dpads? I think max dood recomended a certain brand, maybe he was sponsered. Curious how they are.

C-Sword

Noob
Anyone ever ordered one of those custom controllers with the independant dpads? I think max dood recomended a certain brand, maybe he was sponsered. Curious how they are.
D buttons from Battle Beavers, they're great for NRS games, but not very good for fighting games with a lot of circle motion inputs

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
At this poin, sometime my ds4 pad makes my character duck when I change from pressung down to back/forward and I'm sitting there like an idiot. I might order those custom individual buttons for the pad.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Wouldn't a converter and/or some alternative pad be cheaper than buying another copy of the game? I bought the game twice so I'm not against the idea. I'm just saying if that is the core reasoning, then there are other options.
Why did you buy it twice???