What's new

So I got to talk to Steve Ritchie voice of Shao Kahn the otherday.

Saturday over at the vpforums Steve Ritchie was the special guest to appear in chat live on audio at 3pm pst so I got to talk to him about his various pinball machines he designed and how he got to be the voice of Shao Kahn.

He said ever since that he made his pinball machine Black Knight and did the voices for it back in 1980 He's always liked dark imagery of the such. Which made him have an interest in Mortal Kombat. He worked along side Ed Boon at Bally/Midway at one time. He did some sound tests with Boon and liked the character of Shao Kahn. He was casted no problem.

Thats about all that was said about MK and how he got the part of Shao Kahn as the main topic in focus was Pinball.

Thanks, glad someone cared. I'm sorry that there wasn't really a lot of information. I was going to have him go "muahahaha" for us all and say you weak pathetic fool or something but just about the time I started to ask that His audio cut out and the rest of the chat was text based.

X820

Noob
DarkMoon said:
Thanks, glad someone cared. I'm sorry that there wasn't really a lot of information. I was going to have him go "muahahaha" for us all and say you weak pathetic fool or something but just about the time I started to ask that His audio cut out and the rest of the chat was text based.
Imagine that, how freaking awesome... a shout out to CMK from Shao Kahn himself! LOL

Tim Static

Adminerator
DarkMoon said:
lmao that would have been epic!

but i am jealous. Mr Ritchie is on god status in my book.

Steve Richie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Herman Sanchez

In his favorite tables question his answer is: Star Trek: Next Generation and Black Knight 2000.

His answer in Favorite table he didn't make is: Attack From Mars.