What's new

So I finally got the chance to play Pig's Cyber Sub.

Altaire

Noob
Did any of you happen to catch the STBL show when Pig was a guest, by chance? If so, do you remember him posing the question of whether or not anyone in the room who had played him felt helpless or trapped at the time?

Well, I just played him, and that's exactly how I felt. Without any shadow of a doubt, this guy is the best Cyber Sub player out there. Seriously, the man is a fucking monster. I can proudly say we were going back and forth; I think the final score was pretty even, maybe 3-2 in his favor, but I will fully concede that he has the best Cyber Sub in the business. The way he plays the character is just awe-inspiring. More than anything, I was impressed with the way he ALWAYS knew when to divekick. He was making great reads and his mixup game was strong, but what really stood out is how he'd divekick on reaction. This guy had me afraid to do anything, from anywhere on the screen, with anyone I picked. Seriously Pig, great games, I can't stress that enough. I think the highlight of the night for me was almost taking your Mileena with Cyber Sub, I definitely want to try more of that matchup. I'm definitely looking forward to playing you again, whenever I get the chance.

To those of you who constantly cried for Cyber Sub buffs, I have a challenge for you: Play this guy's Cyber Sub, and tell me the character is bad or low-tier. Play him, and just fucking try to tell me that. To put it delicately, there's a reason this guy was one of the handful of people who insisted that Cyber Sub doesn't need anything.

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
Did any of you happen to catch the STBL show when Pig was a guest, by chance? If so, do you remember him posing the question of whether or not anyone in the room who had played him felt helpless or trapped at the time?

Well, I just played him, and that's exactly how I felt. Without any shadow of a doubt, this guy is the best Cyber Sub player out there. Seriously, the man is a fucking monster. I can proudly say we were going back and forth; I think the final score was pretty even, maybe 3-2 in his favor, but I will fully concede that he has the best Cyber Sub in the business. The way he plays the character is just awe-inspiring. More than anything, I was impressed with the way he ALWAYS knew when to divekick. He was making great reads and his mixup game was strong, but what really stood out is how he'd divekick on reaction. This guy had me afraid to do anything, from anywhere on the screen, with anyone I picked. Seriously Pig, great games, I can't stress that enough. I think the highlight of the night for me was almost taking your Mileena with Cyber Sub, I definitely want to try more of that matchup. I'm definitely looking forward to playing you again, whenever I get the chance.

To those of you who constantly cried for Cyber Sub buffs, I have a challenge for you: Play this guy's Cyber Sub, and tell me the character is bad or low-tier. Play him, and just fucking try to tell me that. To put it delicately, there's a reason this guy was one of the handful of people who insisted that Cyber Sub doesn't need anything.
If only half the members here where like you, i think this place would be a hell of a lot better :)
Not many would admit what you did on their own, and for that? you got my respect brother.

Altaire

Noob
Honestly, I didn't even mind when I lost. We had some great games, and it was so ridiculously fast-paced. When I lost, it wasn't because of lag, or unfamiliarity, or random/scrubby bullshit, it was because I got outplayed. If nothing else, when I lose to solid play like that, I can try to take something from it to improve my game. I can DEFINITELY say that of my sets with Pig.

Of course, I am SLIGHTLY pissed at one set where I would've won if not for a dropped combo near the end of the second round (what can I say, I'm not completely used to the PS3 pad yet), but that's not Pig's fault by any means. Besides, it's online, shit happens. The connection was great on my end, but we both had some silly shit come out; I remember seeing Pig do a F4 from halfscreen distance, and thinking "Yeah, he tried to slide, I know he didn't do that on purpose".

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Honestly, I didn't even mind when I lost. We had some great games, and it was so ridiculously fast-paced. When I lost, it wasn't because of lag, or unfamiliarity, or random/scrubby bullshit, it was because I got outplayed. If nothing else, when I lose to solid play like that, I can try to take something from it to improve my game. I can DEFINITELY say that of my sets with Pig.

Of course, I am SLIGHTLY pissed at one set where I would've won if not for a dropped combo near the end of the second round (what can I say, I'm not completely used to the PS3 pad yet), but that's not Pig's fault by any means. Besides, it's online, shit happens. The connection was great on my end, but we both had some silly shit come out; I remember seeing Pig do a F4 from halfscreen distance, and thinking "Yeah, he tried to slide, I know he didn't do that on purpose".
This. I'll be on the mic playing my friends and sometimes I'll end up doing some normal that I usually never do and eat a full combo for it. I'll just tell them "do I EVER use that move?" in my sarcastic tone as I'm getting my ass beat for it. You use a stick or 360 pad? Me personally I find the ps3 controller the easiest peripheral to use for mk9 but it you're not used to it I can see it being slightly problematic. I have a 360 friend who would play COD at my place, someone would run right in his face and I'd tell him to shoot and he'd press R2, pulling the pin on his grenade. About csub: He's stronger than some people would give him credit for albeit I don't like his punches that much. That being said the only time I ever said anything about buffing him was speculating that it would be nice if his bombs would freeze when they hit someone. (cryo bomb, not slip n' slide bomb) lol Csub is a beast, he just takes a certain taste.

Robotic

Gentleman.
Pig and I had some games a few weeks back. I can co-sign that his CSZ is a nightmare to play against. Truly great. My Sektor looked average against him.

And yes, he has an almost uncanny ability to know when to launch his divekick.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
lol. When you said he dive kicks on reaction the first thing I thought of was playing MK on expert. You can't jump at all! haha

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM

Yeah dude his CSZ is really scary I have played it plenty and have yet to beat it. I get so close then I end up fucking up in the end and he makes a comeback, and he's always shutting me down.

Altaire

Noob
Well, I was able to beat him, but he sure as hell made that difficult. Really close games, though. I won the first set with Sub Zero, and after that, he destroyed my Noob pretty convincingly for a couple games, until I got a feel for how he plays. After that, it was more back and forth. I'm really eager to get another crack at him now.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
cool, makes me eager to play him as well. The only problem is that CSZ mirror matches are just homo lol. so i guess ill play cyrax and test the waters if he ever wants to play.

Altaire

Noob
cool, makes me eager to play him as well. The only problem is that CSZ mirror matches are just homo lol. so i guess ill play cyrax and test the waters if he ever wants to play.
Yeah, I hear you. We only did one mirror, just for shits and giggles. The rest of the time, it was mostly my Cyber Sub vs. his Mileena/Rain, or my Noob/Sub Zero vs. his Cyber Sub. I brought my Sektor against his Cyber Sub once, but my Sektor is so ridiculously rusty, I really need to take him back into the lab again.

rrespiritu

Mortal Kom~what now?
lol. When you said he dive kicks on reaction the first thing I thought of was playing MK on expert. You can't jump at all! haha
i dont know about this but everytime i go online i run through expert ladder for practice and can still do jip and jik+throw against ai?

sumkindofdemon

Laughing Man
damn i wouldnt mind throwin down in the fista cuffs with pig his cyber is pro mad respect. maybe with a sound beating from him i can learn a thing or 2 :p

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
*inserts Kitana*

WUT NOW???????
LMAO

***counter picks and smiles :)

Wow man, i just saw this thread and i dont know what to say. This is very nice of you to post and at the same time you should give yourself props.

From what ive seen I love Usesforglue, Altaire, Guanmo kun, Bgpgs (can never remember his name, too many consonants) CSZ play and i learn from all of you guys.

I look forward to more as well for im now on the XBOX for the month of OCT. Please add me everyone i always look forward to playing all the to players and getting beat so i can learn and to win as well.

It'd be pretty cool to get in some games against Pig irl.

You too man, one day we will. Maybe evo next year? what state are you in ?

Pig and I had some games a few weeks back. I can co-sign that his CSZ is a nightmare to play against. Truly great. My Sektor looked average against him.

And yes, he has an almost uncanny ability to know when to launch his divekick.
Thanks man, looking forward to hanging out in Dec.

Usedforglue. Gunamo Kun, Altaire, reo, Ether, duke, pig. That is all.
I fixed your quote, hope you dont mind

lol :)

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
I said it before and I will say it again....**** dive kicks!

That post was also uncharacteristically nice of you Altaire....props man!

Pig Of The Hut

Ill be getting my stream equipment back and will record some matches

if any of you want to record and post it go ahead win or lose on my end. I dont mind either way

thanks guys

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Pig rules hXc, and he's the Eric Garguilo of MK commentary.
As does the man-bot from Blueberry Tier. Other than the grenade connundrum, he is nothing but artificially-flavored muscle and mindfucking.
I love this game; even those percieved as the most problematic can look like kings in the right hands.

Coming to NEC, Pig? It'd be a treat to have my robot and cop bleed at your hands, amigo.

Pig Of The Hut

Im sort of depressed i cant go to nec or dev unless something radical changes w my schedule. I have shows w various bands first two weeks of dec then i DO get to go to so cal regionals :)

The only silver lining is ill be able to attend VSM end of oct

if anything changes theres no question whatsoever, ill pack up and go.

Btw dont laugh at me but what is hXc? lol