What's new

So far what do you think the "meta" is in terms of the gameplay?

Gaxkang

Banned
So far, it’s been a lot of mashing d1’s, and throws for days. Seriously, throws are maybe a little too strong, especially with KB’s attaches to them.

But there is some good neutral in some matchups, which is fun. A number of characters don’t give a flying crap about that though. Sadly, I think the dirt in this game is only a moderate step down from MKX, which helps but is still frustrating as hell. Like, Erron Black is still the same exact level of nonsense as MKX...
I suppose Black still has 50/50 stuff going on, when I've fought him.

His low slide move...you can't sweep it but you can uppercut it heh. The punishments can be odd with some stuff in the game...like, you block Scorpion's teleport you cannot sweep it, you have to dial combo it. I'm like, maybe a blocked teleport should just be punishable by everything really.

But yeah...D1 is used so much by folks.

Wigy

There it is...
why? you only get the KB when you teched wrong AND the NEXT throw is a succesful forward throw. so tech the next throw forward and it also resets the KB conditions until you tech wrong another time.
The primary counterplay to grabs is teching, that's hard enough without having to worry about loosing a third of your health because of it.

It's essentially a passive crushing blow, unlike other ones I really doubt it's ever an intentional read.

Like baraka has that third hit overhead which KB if they get hit by it, if he's staggering the first two hits into low pokes, thats intentional conditioning and you're making a mistake. That makes sense, this is just free damage for trying to do a difficult counter

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
It seems like d1 mashing is too good in this game because too many moves are highs. Too many punishers and combo starters and pressure strings either start with highs or include duckable highs mid-string.