What's new

So F+2 is +11 on block...

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
f2 has slow startup but it is a good mixup tool. you can get a free f2 after command grab or jip, I do it sometimes after a dissolving net. you can pressure/command grab/net/bomb trap/buzzsaw/anti air out of it, depending on how risky you want to get. Its also a good tool to push people onto bombs from midscreen when they are not expecting it.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
f2 I'm pretty sure is a free 334, that's +5. Or you can 121 xx ragdoll for meter building.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
After the :r:bp , Cyrax can 12 Hit confirm ( 0 on block ), command grab, or 21, anything else is not worth it.

12 strings and :l:fp can be Neuteral crouched or poked out only if Cyrax does :fp or :l:fp, but if Cyrax does 21 and you are mashing pokes, then you will netted for a full combo.

I thought people knew this and that it was common knowledge,Or is everyone too busy shooting random bombs and nets to take notice?

After the :r:bp , Cyrax can 12 Hit confirm ( 0 on block ), command grab, or 21, anything else is not worth it.

12 strings and :l:fp can be Neuteral crouched or poked out only if Cyrax does :fp or :l:fp, but if Cyrax does 21 and you are mashing pokes, then you will netted for a full combo.

I thought people knew this and that it was common knowledge,Or is everyone too busy shooting random bombs and nets to take notice?
Well in my case I have a business, a mortgage and a family so I can't delve as deep as I would like into this game, but I'm trying to improve and incorporate more mind games with Cyrax.

This info is great Glue, thank you, exactly what was I hoping to get. So after a blocked F+2, can they jump out or crossover before you try any of the tactics you mentioned?

NariTuba

disMember
this fucking character.

When winter wars told me about this last month I lost a whole lot of sympathy when people blow you guys up for using resets. A far reaching mid that's +11 on block? GTFO
29 frame startup and sucky priority... it pretty much can only be used raw after a double grounded net or a command grab. Otherwise it can be used rarely on some juggles. Not that useful honestly.

Not that you should have sympathy for us :)

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
i thought somebody already had a tech for the f2 set up. i think it goes f2 cancel to AA grab and once cyrax lands you get a free 334 or 33 net if they dont block after the whiffed AA grab.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Well in my case I have a business, a mortgage and a family so I can't delve as deep as I would like into this game, but I'm trying to improve and incorporate more mind games with Cyrax.

This info is great Glue, thank you, exactly what was I hoping to get. So after a blocked F+2, can they jump out or crossover before you try any of the tactics you mentioned?
No they cannot. They would need 3 or so frames to crossover, and your standing 1 is 9 frames.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
something good to mixup with a blocked f2 is d4 for those people who try to tech command grabs or jump out of pressure, it puts you back at +16 for either another d4 or command grab. i abuse the f2 in mixups and combo setups now.

something good to mixup with a blocked f2 is d4 for those people who try to tech command grabs or jump out of pressure, it puts you back at +16 for either another d4 or command grab. i abuse the f2 in mixups and combo setups now.
J any video of you abusing the F2 on VSM or what not that you can direct me too? Thanks!

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I have started incorporating a lot of f2 also.

29 frame startup and sucky priority... it pretty much can only be used raw after a double grounded net or a command grab.
Can also be used after a blocked njp

The guy is asking for help/advice, so that he has more than nets/bombs; Not everyone has time to break this game down and look at frame data. Why be a ******** about it

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
F2 is amazing, i have no idea why i dont see more people using it. you can set it up in multiple ways, once an opponent respects your D4 you can replace it with F2, you can use it off a JIP on occasion, after a command grab its guaranteed, off a double net reset, etc, it can even anti air for full combo smoke b2 style if spaced correctly. 121 ragdoll is a good followup if you dont trust your hitconfirming, but like glue said it has great followup potential if you're looking to hitconfirm. and yes on hit you can cancel to anti air to continue with something, but i dont personally see how you can hitconfirm f2, plus, if you could you may as well go into net for full combo.

and roosTakk, call anyone else names in this forum and i will delete your posts. last warning.

NariTuba

disMember
Can also be used after a blocked njp
Not guaranteed, it can be interrupted, same as jps, f2.

F2 is amazing, i have no idea why i dont see more people using it. you can set it up in multiple ways, once an opponent respects your D4 you can replace it with F2, you can use it off a JIP on occasion, after a command grab its guaranteed, off a double net reset, etc, it can even anti air for full combo smoke b2 style if spaced correctly. 121 ragdoll is a good followup if you dont trust your hitconfirming, but like glue said it has great followup potential if you're looking to hitconfirm. and yes on hit you can cancel to anti air to continue with something, but i dont personally see how you can hitconfirm f2, plus, if you could you may as well go into net for full combo.
I dont know man, 29 frame startup... if you replace d4 with f2 the top tiers can blow you up on reaction with armor or at least interrupt. Plus, worst case scenario they get hit for trying to interrupt and get sent full screen, which is not necessarily good for cyrax. How does it work for AA? obviously not on reaction so you're saying you throw it out there and they happen to jump you can follow up? how can you do this if you cant hit confirm it?

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
Not guaranteed, it can be interrupted, same as jps, f2.

I dont know man, 29 frame startup... if you replace d4 with f2 the top tiers can blow you up on reaction with armor or at least interrupt. Plus, worst case scenario they get hit for trying to interrupt and get sent full screen, which is not necessarily good for cyrax. How does it work for AA? obviously not on reaction so you're saying you throw it out there and they happen to jump you can follow up? how can you do this if you cant hit confirm it?
in practicality i dont see a problem with the startup time, he moves himself back first, thats where a good chunk of it is going, ive avoided many pokes etc because of that property. just because people have the option to armour it on reaction doesnt mean they will. im referring to it more on block, cyrax having someone fullscreen is great for him if he has the lead, i dont quite understand what you mean, he can lame it out incredibly well. it works for anti air the same way sektors b34 can, its not an option id rely on, but f2 can do it, if you're worried about hitconfirming just cancel it into saw, easy.

NariTuba

disMember
in practicality i dont see a problem with the startup time, he moves himself back first, thats where a good chunk of it is going, ive avoided many pokes etc because of that property
He moves the upper part of his torso but his legs stay stationary, you can be d4'd on reaction, best case scenario d3'd. It has worked for me vs Sektor 1 and Smoke b2 when spaced properly tho.

I stopped using it because I was pretty much getting interrupted on reaction everytime outside of the guaranteed setups. It could be that I just havent found the right way to condition them with d4 for them not to try to interrupt. Ill keep an eye on how you use it in future videos.

PND_Mustard

Premium Supporter
He moves the upper part of his torso but his legs stay stationary, you can be d4'd on reaction, best case scenario d3'd. It has worked for me vs Sektor 1 and Smoke b2 when spaced properly tho.

I stopped using it because I was pretty much getting interrupted on reaction everytime outside of the guaranteed setups. It could be that I just havent found the right way to condition them with d4 for them not to try to interrupt. Ill keep an eye on how you use it in future videos.
i use it a load in existing videos, i feel its a necessity, but to each and their own i suppose.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Its not a move you want to use excessively, but throwing it in at the right time is a great way to confuse your opponent for a second