What's new

Question - Wrestler So..... about that Quad Grapple.....

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
I think most of you will find that the problem is more about inputs than timing. Go in that lab and just try to mash 1+2+3+4. The button prompts will show up on the edge of the screen as: 1+3, and then a line below it: 2+4

or 1+2+3, and below that, 4. So my problem is actually hitting all 4 inputs in such a way that the game considers it simultaneous.

I will also add that Switch Stance + Interactable doesn't work in any form of combo from my experience. The game actually considers these different button inputs. That might be confusing because they happen to perform the same function as e.g. 3+4. The final slam can only be done by actually hitting 1+2+3+4 as far as I can tell.

I'm using the Dualshock 4 and one way I've found is to just put my thumb right in the center of the face buttons, so that it's like half-way on each of them, and mash hard and fast. The other way is to lay your index finger across 1 and 3 and your middle finger across 2 and 4. If you try that, you probably just need to practice it for the whole sequence so you aren't scrambling to get your fingers positioned right. Not enough time for that.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
i know out of the topic but im thinking of picking up jax and since theyre all sort of the same but im hearing this version is the best, any reasons why?

Bluntz 4 Months

Ascended Noob
i know out of the topic but im thinking of picking up jax and since theyre all sort of the same but im hearing this version is the best, any reasons why?
You get a side switch command grab w/ F3-Grab & F4-Grab, meter burned Gotcha Grab has pop-up for corner combos, and he's got an air grab. Possibly more, I don't main Jax & I usually play HW just for the cancels, but when I don't I've started using wrestler more than pumped up.

the.hamburglar

You get a side switch command grab w/ F3-Grab & F4-Grab, meter burned Gotcha Grab has pop-up for corner combos, and he's got an air grab. Possibly more, I don't main Jax & I usually play HW just for the cancels, but when I don't I've started using wrestler more than pumped up.
i play df so the cancels arent new to me when i tried hw jax, just felt like he was missing something so il try out this variation later as the new tickthrows connect on hit update is coming

freerf245

11 11 11 11
i play df so the cancels arent new to me when i tried hw jax, just felt like he was missing something so il try out this variation later as the new tickthrows connect on hit update is coming
He's missing a couple things. The lack of midscreen meterless damage and no anti zoning tools are his glaring weaknesses, but his corner game makes up for all those. He also has quite a few gaps that can't be made safe so watch out for those.

the.hamburglar

He's missing a couple things. The lack of midscreen meterless damage and no anti zoning tools are his glaring weaknesses, but his corner game makes up for all those. He also has quite a few gaps that can't be made safe so watch out for those.
so thats why hes not in S tier, i just know his corner game is stupid good