What's new

Question - Wrestler So..... about that Quad Grapple.....

The game has been out for a while now. I was wondering if any of you guys have figured out the timing of the last part of the sequence where you hit all 4 attack buttons at the same time?

I'm beginning to think that the last part of the move was never meant to be mastered as I can only hit it at best 2 out of 5 times.

If anyone has any tips or suggestions or approximately where I should be hitting the 4 buttons I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks again.

I guess my question is if it's a one frame window approximately where is that frame? I could have sworn I hit the last slam when Jax arcs the opponent just over past his head and I could also swear I've hit the last slam when the opponent is right about to hit the ground.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to question anyone's skill here. I'm just trying to learn that move. If it's not possible to master that move then so be it. I just want to try as best as I can before I chalk it up to something that's not supposed to happen.

With that said, I think the move itself is pretty good by itself without the meter burn because it's not that hard to chain the 2 button and even then it gives you 15%. If you practice enough it's not that hard to get to the 4 button in the meter burn version which would get you 18%. The last sequence with all four attack buttons bumps it up to 19% which isn't that much and isn't worth it but the Brutality from that move looks like it's worth it. =)

Anyway, thanks again for any help.

Arzumis

Noob
I would rather just go for the normal one. Its 14% and the ex which is ridiculously hard and costs a bar is 19%. Almost never worth the meter.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I guess my question is if it's a one frame window approximately where is that frame? I could have sworn I hit the last slam when Jax arcs the opponent just over past his head and I could also swear I've hit the last slam when the opponent is right about to hit the ground.

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to question anyone's skill here. I'm just trying to learn that move. If it's not possible to master that move then so be it. I just want to try as best as I can before I chalk it up to something that's not supposed to happen.

With that said, I think the move itself is pretty good by itself without the meter burn because it's not that hard to chain the 2 button and even then it gives you 15%. If you practice enough it's not that hard to get to the 4 button in the meter burn version which would get you 18%. The last sequence with all four attack buttons bumps it up to 19% which isn't that much and isn't worth it but the Brutality from that move looks like it's worth it. =)

Anyway, thanks again for any help.
I have tried to figure out the frame window. I got nothing.

Funny thing: after finally coming to terms that I will never master the full sequence of the quad grapple I decided not to bother practicing it anymore. Lo and behold I had a few friends over last night and I was able to hit that move on them 90% of the time I attempted it and even hit the brutality twice. Not saying I'm an expert. Just pointing out that sometimes I need to sit back and not stress over one stupid freaking move.

Reactions: GAV
Funny thing: after finally coming to terms that I will never master the full sequence of the quad grapple I decided not to bother practicing it anymore. Lo and behold I had a few friends over last night and I was able to hit that move on them 90% of the time I attempted it and even hit the brutality twice. Not saying I'm an expert. Just pointing out that sometimes I need to sit back and not stress over one stupid freaking move.
That's awesome mate. I've just picked up Wrestler and it's good to know it can be done.

Yeah the best thing I can suggest is to hit the first three follow ups as the opponent just arcs over Jax's head. For the last one wait a tad until right before the opponent hits the ground.

But everybody on the board is right. If you don't hit the last one it's not the end of the world. Jax's game plan does not revolve around that move. Hell, even the extra damage from the meter burn version is questionable and the argument to not use it if you can't consistently get to the sequence with the 4 button is even more glaring. I'll use the EX version on wake up because of the armour if the round is about to be over and I'm confident it would finish off the opponent, or if the round is about to be over and I knock my opponent down I'll armour through and use it to grab them out of the wake up. The fact that you can control where they end up is also a plus, too if you're trapped in the corner so it's good for gaining position.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Wrestler Jax would almost definitely be my next main if I thought I could get it down.

It still might be worth going Wrestler just for that air to air grab...

Osagri

Fear the blade of Osh-Tekk
Wrestler Jax would almost definitely be my next main if I thought I could get it down.

It still might be worth going Wrestler just for that air to air grab...
i usually go with ji1 in air to aircoz it gives u a full combo. The reach in jikicks is better thou. And I love the fact that the airgrab sucks opponent pretty much from anywher when hit with ji3 or ji4 :)

Reactions: GAV
I'm sure there are people in this site that have it down and I don't think it's impossible but for a guy like me no matter how hard I try I can't get it down to where it'll come out 100% of the time. For people like me, I kind of , sort of have the general idea as to when to hit the last sequence so I will attempt it when the opportunity comes up but am I going to lose sleep over not hitting it? No, I won't.

As for that air to air grab I use it mostly when I fight online because I drop combos a whole lot more online than I do offline. I don't play to win so when I do play against my buddies I'll either do the air to air slam or go for the combo depending on how saucy I feel. LOL

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
I tried Wrestler Jax to see if he was interesting. I just hate those stupid inputs for command grabs in this game, and in Wrestler's case, even when you get to do the grab you have to fight through a hell of tight frame links in order to get the max damage.

It's just sad because there are a lot of players who kinda give up more or less on these characters because the inputs are so hard to pull off consistently. Sure we've got players out there who can do it consistently - and maybe it's just about improving, but I have played a lot of Commando Kano and I can't seem to do it consistently.

GAV

I'm sure there are people in this site that have it down and I don't think it's impossible but for a guy like me no matter how hard I try I can't get it down to where it'll come out 100% of the time. For people like me, I kind of , sort of have the general idea as to when to hit the last sequence so I will attempt it when the opportunity comes up but am I going to lose sleep over not hitting it? No, I won't.

As for that air to air grab I use it mostly when I fight online because I drop combos a whole lot more online than I do offline. I don't play to win so when I do play against my buddies I'll either do the air to air slam or go for the combo depending on how saucy I feel. LOL
I mained every characterI liked in MKX for a few days. It gave me a nice basis of understanding, but a few weeks ago - I finally settled in on Sun God Kotal. Since then, I would practice a little - play for a while. Then, I would sleep on it - and every day since I have improved. So, sleeping on stuff after playing is the best way to improve. The longer you are into the game, the better you will be.

GAV

i usually go with ji1 in air to aircoz it gives u a full combo. The reach in jikicks is better thou. And I love the fact that the airgrab sucks opponent pretty much from anywher when hit with ji3 or ji4 :)
Relying on air-to-air for damage against Wrestler Jax is a big mistake - unless its from MOS's Soul Ball.

Even the teleports can be beat out on reaction.

The timing is pretty much: first one is when they hit the ground, second about between above his head and the ground, third above his head and 4th is just fast as fuck but above his head or before. The worst part is getting Hit 3 is 18% and doing the final hit is only 19%?

Kind of pointless. You'd expect the full string to be something like 20-22%

skater11

The saltiest
I imagine it would be way easier on stick/hitbox. They should make the window frames a bit bigger. It's pretty difficult to get it consistently.

NurzBenny

Old Member
Fifth slam is impossible lol barely worth it, but cool parlor trick. I play on stick, isn't any easier. Could try pressing intractable and switch stance at the same time perhaps, but ehh. Variation is still kick ass. The 4 hits before the final slam are easy, just take a little practice, they're all hit while the opponent is on the ground. Timing gets progressively faster for each hit

gam224

The world's least hype player
This and kung Laos 112124, and jacquis stanky leg,are the most stupid inputs in the game.

Dukmunky

Arms Dealer, including all 4 of Goro's
Can you just press stance and interact able for the fourth throw? It's impossible to hit all four on a stick.