Would you get a SNES pad for MKX?

• Yes

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Don't forget SF3. That port had an almost perfect arcade-feel.
Not a 3rd strike kind of guy. Bro had SF2 on genesis, I played alpha in arcades. Never touched 3rd strike until years later when I found ggpo and emulation. We had Capcom fighting evolution or whatever that mashup was called though.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Not a 3rd strike kind of guy. Bro had SF2 on genesis, I played alpha in arcades. Never touched 3rd strike until years later when I found ggpo and emulation. We had Capcom fighting evolution or whatever that mashup was called though.
I never played Evolution. Its probably the only fighter ever I didn't cop - other than the Japan only ones.

unseen

Noob
I play on stick and for every MK game I put the block in the middle, just like arcade MK games. That's what I'm most used to.

:fp FS :bp

:fk :blk :bk

I put flip stance above block. This also works best for me because I can meter burn any special easily. It's never more than a button away no matter what button I use. I don't use the throw button (I just use FP+FK) and I use FP+BP for interactables. I would use this same setup for a Sega 6 button.
I have used this particular dpad long time ago and played MK3 (PC / sega) and UMK3 (Sega), and I got used to the default controls back then, I don't know if you used to play the default buttons too.

HP FS HK
LP BL LK

because of this, I got myself the HFC4 which kinda look similar to the sega pad, and set the same buttons as the sega, but because of the EX, where I have set the block to be the Circle / 4, I'm not able to perform the EX's properly on that setup, especially when there's a combo and it includes an EX move in between.

do you use your thumb to perform Exes ?

Btw, which dpad you're using ?

Thanks

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I have used this particular dpad long time ago and played MK3 (PC / sega) and UMK3 (Sega), and I got used to the default controls back then, I don't know if you used to play the default buttons too.

HP FS HK
LP BL LK

because of this, I got myself the HFC4 which kinda look similar to the sega pad, and set the same buttons as the sega, but because of the EX, where I have set the block to be the Circle / 4, I'm not able to perform the EX's properly on that setup, especially when there's a combo and it includes an EX move in between.

Thanks
I don't play on pad. Well, not anymore. The last MK game I played on pad was MK3 for Genesis. My button layout worked perfectly for that game.

However, with MK9 and MKX, I'm not sure it would be as ideal. I play on stick now with that same button config, as I said in my post above. I have no trouble hitting my EX moves, as BLOCK is central to the other 4 attacks.

Jolt

Uprise

HP FS HK
LP BL LK

Thanks
With that setup on the FC4, I think you would pretty much have to use the claw method. It's nice because it combines the button input speed/precision of playing on a stick with the familiarity of using a d-pad if you aren't used to a joystick. Only thing is it still feels way cramped compared to a full on stick.

On my FC4, using the traditional pad grip, I just like to map

LP HP THROW
LK HK INTERACTABLE

That way all of my potential offensive options are at a thumb's reach. I don't think I would use a block button on one of the face buttons unless I was using a claw method. To use my setup, you have to flip the switch that changes R1 and R2 to L1 and L2 so you can map one to block and the other to stance flip.

C-Sword

Noob
@C-Sword i am interested in using the snes pad. Ive found some 3rd party ones on amazon for PC. How have you been using one for MKX?
Do you play on PC?
OG Snes Pad or the ASCii Pad, forget the other 3rd party controllers

My current setup:

Raphnet Snes to PS adapter daisy chained to the Brook PS2 to PS4 adapter, works flawlessly.

unseen

Noob
With that setup on the FC4, I think you would pretty much have to use the claw method. It's nice because it combines the button input speed/precision of playing on a stick with the familiarity of using a d-pad if you aren't used to a joystick. Only thing is it still feels way cramped compared to a full on stick.

On my FC4, using the traditional pad grip, I just like to map

LP HP THROW
LK HK INTERACTABLE

That way all of my potential offensive options are at a thumb's reach. I don't think I would use a block button on one of the face buttons unless I was using a claw method. To use my setup, you have to flip the switch that changes R1 and R2 to L1 and L2 so you can map one to block and the other to stance flip.
Thanks for the hint,
I'll try it when I have some time, then I need to practice combos again to get used to the new setup lol.