Would you get a SNES pad for MKX?

• Yes

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters

C-Sword

Noob
I have been playing around with MKX using a Snes controller, I came to the realization that it has the best d-pad ever made, it's just so comfortable to move around, the controller having 2 fewer buttons than the DS4 is not really a problem, you can still perform your X-Ray and grabs. My overdrives come out practically everytime in Guilty Gear Xrd using that pad.

My question is if I were to get a Super Nintendo to PS4 controller made by Brook, would you guys be interested in getting one?

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
It's been so long since I used a SNES pad, I couldn't say for sure until I actually tried it. If they made one, though...i'd definitely give it a shot.

FlappyDaniel

Snappin' spines all day e'ry day.
the SNES controller is amazing, I remember it always feeling great but I never used it for fighters when I was younger so hard to know. I would probably give it a shot as well though.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Personally, there's only ever been one pad I've been able to play fighters on and it's this:

If they made one of these compatible with NextGen, I'd buy it in a second. I feel like it's the best pad ever made as far as fighters go.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Damn this is making me nostalgic. I have a perfectly good working SNES with 2 pads back at home.

Never played fighting games on the SNES pad though.

C-Sword

Noob
Personally, there's only ever been one pad I've been able to play fighters on and it's this:

If they made one of these compatible with NextGen, I'd buy it in a second. I feel like it's the best pad ever made as far as fighters go.
Where would you put the block button on this? I don't see this working very well with MKX. I tried using a Saturn Pad with NRS games and the results were not very good, it's better suited for Street Fighter

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
the SNES controller is amazing, I remember it always feeling great but I never used it for fighters when I was younger so hard to know. I would probably give it a shot as well though.
I used the SNES pad for MK2, MK3, and UMK3 when they came out for SNES before I got the N64 for MKT and KIG. It work with it.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Where would you put the block button on this? I don't see this working very well with MKX. I tried using a Saturn Pad with NRS games and the results were not very good, it's better suited for Street Fighter
I play on stick and for every MK game I put the block in the middle, just like arcade MK games. That's what I'm most used to.

:fp FS :bp

:fk :blk :bk

I put flip stance above block. This also works best for me because I can meter burn any special easily. It's never more than a button away no matter what button I use. I don't use the throw button (I just use FP+FK) and I use FP+BP for interactables. I would use this same setup for a Sega 6 button.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
MvC2 on dreamcast was hell fun. Power stone 2. I could see myself using a DC controller for fighters. Kinda want that VMU back too.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Saturn 6 button was dope, as well. Wasn't a fan of the Dreamcast controllers, though.
The one I put below was made by Madcatz and it was tremendous. It came with rubber pads you could swap and it was very responsive.

The Dreamcast controllers has those gigantic memory cards that went right in the controller, so the bulkiness was unavoidable.

GAV

MvC2 on dreamcast was hell fun. Power stone 2. I could see myself using a DC controller for fighters. Kinda want that VMU back too.
Don't forget SF3. That port had an almost perfect arcade-feel.

C-Sword

Noob
I'm trying to gauge interest in using a snes controller on the ps4 and you guys keep talking about sega pads :rolleyes:

GAV

I'm trying to gauge interest in using a snes controller on the ps4 and you guys keep talking about sega pads :rolleyes:
Then, you have your answer.

The interest in an SNES controller is considerably less than the interest in the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast 6 face button controllers.

C-Sword

Noob
To each its own, I had been a big believer in the saturn pad for many years, even spending $200 for those rare sega playstation controllers, but I recently came to terms that the snes dpad was much more precise for strict inputs