What's new

General/Other smoke trick

hardwire

Noob
ok this may be old news it may not be

all i know is i have not seen it used by any and i mean any of the smokes i have ran accross and usually when i actually get the combo going it nets me a flawless.

ok the combo starts with 3 d1 2 then 3 d1 2 then 1 more 3 d1 2 (i use 21 smoke) smoke bomb as they fall hit them with 3 next use your tp punch the second hit of the teleport will miss but put your feet next to there head but you will reach over them and screw up there wake up motion. now as they go to get up you can stuff them with the 3 d1 2 combo all over again

they can block and people like kung lau are safe with there spin but ive stuffed a wake up elbo dash with this so i thought it was worth bringing up.

like i said this may be old news but if not well there ya go. :)

ok this may be old news it may not be

all i know is i have not seen it used by any and i mean any of the smokes i have ran accross and usually when i actually get the combo going it nets me a flawless.

ok the combo starts with 3 d1 2 then 3 d1 2 then 1 more 3 d1 2 (i use 21 smoke) smoke bomb as they fall hit them with 3 next use your tp punch the second hit of the teleport will miss but put your feet next to there head but you will reach over them and screw up there wake up motion. now as they go to get up you can stuff them with the 3 d1 2 combo all over again

they can block and people like kung lau are safe with there spin but ive stuffed a wake up elbo dash with this so i thought it was worth bringing up.

like i said this may be old news but if not well there ya go. :)
can they wakeup roll?

This is standard play that all Smoke players already are (or should be) doing. Whiffing a TP at the end of a combo/immediately after is exactly what sets up smoke's oki pressure, he wouldn't be half as good as he is at that without it.

hardwire

Noob
This is standard play that all Smoke players already are (or should be) doing. Whiffing a TP at the end of a combo/immediately after is exactly what sets up smoke's oki pressure, he wouldn't be half as good as he is at that without it.
no no no thats not what i mean

the way this combo works is the first hit in the tp connects and the second hit misses

and to the guy above you i have yet to have one roll on me i dont think they can because well your behind them technically

I'm not sure how viable that is. Considering that A. You're gonna lose a decent chunk of damage hitting a telepunch in a combo and B. it hits so early. You're not even gonna be throwing the next 3d12 meaty, its gonna already be to the d1 or 2 before they are in a position to be hit again. Not saying it's bad, I just don't know if that'd be a worthwhile pesudo-mixup.

Smoke should have a curb stomp attack. that only hits opponents lying down that aren't techrolling/waking up. Because fuck you, I'm smoke, and I want more options to hit you on oki. the second hit of sub-zero's 22 will hit you laying down! i want smoke to have that :p

hardwire

Noob
I'm not sure how viable that is. Considering that A. You're gonna lose a decent chunk of damage hitting a telepunch in a combo and B. it hits so early. You're not even gonna be throwing the next 3d12 meaty, its gonna already be to the d1 or 2 before they are in a position to be hit again. Not saying it's bad, I just don't know if that'd be a worthwhile pesudo-mixup.

Smoke should have a curb stomp attack. that only hits opponents lying down that aren't techrolling/waking up. Because fuck you, I'm smoke, and I want more options to hit you on oki. the second hit of sub-zero's 22 will hit you laying down! i want smoke to have that :p
wait wait wait give it a try first just practise the combo then tell me what you think

you only loose 4% damage and you gain a really nice wake up stuffer that leads into a new combo for max damage or the wake up stuff

no no no thats not what i mean

the way this combo works is the first hit in the tp connects and the second hit misses

and to the guy above you i have yet to have one roll on me i dont think they can because well your behind them technically
the ai can roll right out of your range. direction doesnt matter because any button will make you roll.

like i said hardwire i'm not discounting it at all, i'm only theorycrafting here. I only have an unpatched version of MK with one controller here at college so... not the best thing to test on :p I can try it out next weekend when I'm home from school and actually have XBL and people to test with..

and KT, as far as I'm aware standing 3 does NOT hit them while they are just lying on the ground after a knockdown? Am I wrong? :s

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
yep, standing 3 will hit grounded opponents. It really helped (helps) against Chris G because he's a big fan of the tech lay down.

Unless I'm losing my mind here :confused:

kandehbar

The Gryphon
Have you tried this with the new patch, i only say that cause you only have your psn name up so im assuming you only got this on ps3. Since its a bit easier to do perfect wake up attacks now i dont know how viable this is yet but is seems like something useful if it can stuff dash

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
Dunno. I'll have to adjust accordingly after I play post patch.

Yet another indirect reason that smoke took a hit from the patch.

hardwire

Noob
ya im ps3 only so i have not been able to do it with the patch yet

and about the roll have you had it happen? like i said i have yet to have some one roll on me when i do it

any one think that the way it hits them it makes an untechable situation?

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Not sure how the patch affected this but the same sort of thing can happen if you do a max range B2 starter on the enemies wake up, not sure about the exact tech of the invincible wake ups and stuff but from a good distance B2 usually stuffs because it comes out fast and far, again this is from experience not science!