What's new

Tech Smoke & Mirrors...

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Whilst out and about, I came up with some thoughts regarding Smoke & Mirrors. I have to test these out, but theories can turn into tangible results.
I'm thinking one could use S&M as another method of avoiding projectiles in both stances. For hat stance this would be used mid-range as she has better options at full-screen. Using MB Fire kiss (slow) and then using S&M (perhaps canceling into it?) to fool the opponent as to which range you would teleport in for "unblockable" set-ups could also be a possibility. This also gives me another idea for trait that I will post in the respective thread.

I'm quite sure others have thought of using S&M on wake-up to bait moves to punish or to get behind the opponent without teleporting which is telegraphed to a degree.
I'm also curious if she can levitate cancel in the air from S&M since you can jump while in this stance. Divekicks and teleports in the air with this stance could also lead to confusing mix-ups.
Also intriguing is the ideas that come to mind while in Trait and then using this stance and using moves that cancel out of trait.
It's somewhat like Gen in SFIV where he can switch stances and you can confuse the opponent because you do not always know what stance he's in.

I definitely need to test these ideas and also check frame data for S&M to assess canceling this stance into other options. Can Zee stop S&M before it's full duration?

Yes, I am approaching Zee in an unorthodox manner by contemplating what magicians would do to trick their audiences and then applying that to her moveset/game mechanics.
Please critique and correct or contribute further ideas for this stance.