What's new

Smoke in MK11?

vapid

cyber warlord
I was just reading Rain's Wiki article and got to reading that his VO artist (Andrew Bowen) also voiced Smoke and Johnny Cage in MKX.

Anyway, if you go on Bowen's Wiki article it says he voices Smoke in MK11 (Rain and Johnny aren't mentioned).

Now obviously anyone can edit Wiki and this doesn't mean anything because it could just be a flashback scene or an NPC or whatever, but I thought it was interesting. Perhaps Smoke will indeed be playable in MK11?

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Even tho anyone can edit Wikipedia this is a pretty good find. (unless you edited it yourself you madman)

I think its a guarantee we'll see Smoke though, playable or otherwise.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I think it's just bait. I doubt someone with official sources would go an edit the wikipedia page like that without waiting for the actual reveal first.

vapid

cyber warlord
I didn't edit it, no. I did check the History to see if he'd done it himself, but I'm pretty shit at deciphering Wiki history and I've no idea how many other things that person had edited/added previously.

I just thought it worth mentioning on the off-chance he (Bowen) had innocently added it as a bit of work on his CV, not realizing that we weren't meant to know about Smoke.

On the flip side, it could just be a cameo role in story mode, and it doesn't say he's still voicing Rain, which either means Rain has a new VO artist, or... even worse... he's not in.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Smoke was in mkx though too. Doesn’t mean he’s playable. Maybe scorpion will just have an intro holding smokers severed head like Quan Chi and moloch.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I'd love it. Smoke is my favorite MK character and in my top 3 gaming characters of all time, so if he makes it in, I'm set.

Smoke also strikes me as the most requested MK character for MK 11 (after Hsu Hao of course). So him not being in the game would go against the NRS statement that the fans create the roster.
The voice actor supposedly doing Smoke in MK 11 could mean that maybe we see Enenra in the story again, but I really hope that's not the case... and that we get Smoke as a playable character.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I'd love it. Smoke is my favorite MK character and in my top 3 gaming characters of all time, so if he makes it in, I'm set.

Smoke also strikes me as the most requested MK character for MK 11 (after Hsu Hao of course). So him not being in the game would go against the NRS statement that the fans create the roster.
The voice actor supposedly doing Smoke in MK 11 could mean that maybe we see Enenra in the story again, but I really hope that's not the case... and that we get Smoke as a playable character.
Pretty sure the most requested character is Noob mate.

vapid

cyber warlord
Holy shit... I just realized that the guy who voiced Jax in MKX is the same guy who played Taurus in Interstate '76. Greg Eagles - I knew the name was familiar.

Amazing.

Anyway, I assume there will be a few people who just haven't revealed themselves as having done VO work yet. I mean Phil LaMarr did MKX and IJ2 stuff, and Troy Baker might return as well.

Danielle Nicolet has Jacqui Briggs listed on her Wiki page, so I wonder if that was there before she was leaked on Steam. She voiced her in MKX also.

Haven't found any other 'leaks' yet.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
You mean Spawn?
I don't think so actually.

A lot of people want Spawn, but they are mostly casuals. Similarly a lot of people want Rain, but almost none of them are casuals. Noob is in a happy place in the middle where everyone kinda wants him.

Yeah, you're right, I forgot about Noob Saibot, since he is only my second favorite. But even with Noob being first, Smoke isn't all too far behind.
No, he most certantly is not: https://testyourmight.com/threads/these-are-the-tym-top-26-most-wanted-returning-characters.67717/

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Holy shit... I just realized that the guy who voiced Jax in MKX is the same guy who played Taurus in Interstate '76. Greg Eagles - I knew the name was familiar.

Amazing.

Anyway, I assume there will be a few people who just haven't revealed themselves as having done VO work yet. I mean Phil LaMarr did MKX and IJ2 stuff, and Troy Baker might return as well.

Danielle Nicolet has Jacqui Briggs listed on her Wiki page, so I wonder if that was there before she was leaked on Steam. She voiced her in MKX also.

Haven't found any other 'leaks' yet.
Troy Baker is back dude. You can hear him as Shinnok in the story mode prologue video.
About uh, Smoke, that's just a troll. Wikipedia and IMDb and all that shit are completely worthless sources for characters and character VAs during the pre-release phase of any game. The fan wiki (mortalkombat.fandom.com) are a bit more reliable, but not much.
Andrew Bowen could very much still portray Smoke in MK11 if he's in, but your recent discovery really means nothing.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
If Smoke is in, watch the polititians put another tax on MK11 for health hazads, because, you know, kids may start smoking because Smoke is in a video game:DOGE

Might-Taro 19

by each death, we learn more..
I have a feeling noob combined with smoke will be in the main roster...why? because that way you don't need to worry about a slot especially since there is a lot of customization you can do with the characters appearance and movesets..

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I think he has a big chance of coming back, I am gunning for the main roster but if he's not he'll definitely be in a DLC as a human. I hope at least. I want to see Cyrax and Sektor as robots, but my man is human Smoke.

Although, I'm starting to think that all the robots will be variation-based like in MKX. One stone, 4 badass metallic birds.