What's new

Question smoke frame traps (?)

from training mode i see that smokes only move + on block is b2. i can only guess how much it is but i suppose its 2-4 frames.

as frame traps (on block) i can see b2 into d1 (not sure if d1 will lock enemy on the ground or hit while jumping), maybe b2 into d3.

d3 (hit) into d2 is a frame trap too and cant be jumped out.

he also has quite a lot of moves which are neutral on block, like 11, 3d12, 2, 21, 214 , f4 and im sure i forgot one or two.

so against a character without 6 frame moves (like quan chi) you can set up a trap with d2 after any of these moves i the range is long enough.

any opinions or further insights?

if a d3 hits and traps into d2, why not just 214 instead?

I remember aris doing something like b2 > d1 > b2 > d1 > b2 > d1 as pressure a few months ago, might as well modify that and do the d1 > d3 > d4 > b23 bomb or something to that effect.

13 is neutral on block

if a d3 hits and traps into d2, why not just 214 instead?

I remember aris doing something like b2 > d1 > b2 > d1 > b2 > d1 as pressure a few months ago, might as well modify that and do the d1 > d3 > d4 > b23 bomb or something to that effect.

13 is neutral on block
1. opponent can duck under 214 then
2. b2 d1 b2 d1 is great mindfuck if the opponent is threatened with d1 into smoke bomb or a throw
3. i think the opponent can jump out after d1 d3, he definitely can d3/4 himself after the d4

GGA Wafflez

the kid
dont have to go into d1... just b2 3 smoke bomb after 2 or 3 d3s and you could get an overhead... BUT the d3 does half a percent (training mode says one but that is because it rounds....)

a nice frame trap is 3 d1 2 then d1 canceled into smoke bomb... if they jump back dash d1 smoke bomb....

dont have to go into d1... just b2 3 smoke bomb after 2 or 3 d3s and you could get an overhead... BUT the d3 does half a percent (training mode says one but that is because it rounds....)

a nice frame trap is 3 d1 2 then d1 canceled into smoke bomb... if they jump back dash d1 smoke bomb....
1. b23 smokebomb is punishable

2. i do 3d12 d1 all time but its not a true frametrap as 3d12 is neutral on block. theoretically they can randomly beat you with a 6 frame move.

also, if done correctly, d1 will hit em when they try to jump out.