What's new

Tech - Smoke Smoke ex invisibility vortex tech

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
Hey there "smokers" (im so sorry) Ive been labbing all of Triborg since release and have found some interesting invisibility tech I havent seen anywhere else. Hope you guys like it! Keep on "smoking" (forgive me father I have sinned)

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Maybe doing s3 after phase will fuck will people's timing when trying to block? Like no one is going to poke after an invisible blocked hit so you get a chance to throw off their fuzzy timing if they're trying to (which seems hard but w/e) fuzzy the low/OH guess.

Sunny_D

Maybe doing s3 after phase will fuck will people's timing when trying to block? Like no one is going to poke after an invisible blocked hit so you get a chance to throw off their fuzzy timing if they're trying to (which seems hard but w/e) fuzzy the low/OH guess.
Yeah I've done some staggers into throws off this but after a few times they catch on. Still pretty good though

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Does the invisibility add anything though? I mean after a spear you still essentially have to block a mixup. If you delay your b3 you can make it incredibly hard to fuzzy anyways. Does the invisibility actually add anything at all? Besides looking cool?

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
Does the invisibility add anything though? I mean after a spear you still essentially have to block a mixup. If you delay your b3 you can make it incredibly hard to fuzzy anyways. Does the invisibility actually add anything at all? Besides looking cool?
You get swag points, impossible to fuzzy mixup and you're still invisible if they block or after a combo. But most of all it's swaggy.

jokey77

Character Loyalist
I like the setup where you use 3 bars for like 35% after the hitconfirmable sbomb. You can have it easier by just using xray! :)

... reminds me of why I dropped Smoke!

Sunny_D

I like the setup where you use 3 bars for like 35% after the hitconfirmable sbomb. You can have it easier by just using xray! :)

... reminds me of why I dropped Smoke!
Umm it was 25 + 37 percent off of a invisible mixup. Thats better then a xray lol

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Maybe you dont see it because its invisible :DOGE but seriously its pretty straight forward. You get invisible 50 50's
Lol that was clever.

But seriously tho. I don't see the point in it when you get the same thing meterlessly.

S3 phase grants the guaranteed 50/50 so spending a bar just to do the same thing is a big wtf to me. B1/b3 sb connects on everyone in the corner. B3 sb connects on everyone everywhere and b1 sb connects on some characters everywhere. That's a meterless vortex right there. Even if they did the combo you showed, that can still be done w.o the use of ex invis.

And please don't be one of those "well his OH is 18f so it's easy to block the 50/50. Using invis makes is much harder to block" people. I would LOVE to see anyone block his vortex 10x in a row by "reacting" to it.

shura30

Shura
not only swag points

using ex invis to walk back to make them whiff (both normals or specials) is another tool at our disposal which must be used

In my experience, opponents react better if you keep doing the vortex by the book
if you break their read attempt by walking back or anything else that isn't just 3, 21 or 4, phase after jumpin/exinvis to get some frame advantage they're more willing to eat the next b1/b3

smoke's backstep isn't the fastest but after spear exinvis there's something around 10 frames to use and just 2-3% less damage in favour of another 50/50

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Invisible or not, they have to play the 50/50 game regardless. That's the only problem I have with this.

Regardless they are going to have to block correctly or they get hit, invisible or not.

I just don't see me using the bar for this.

Cool stuff that you found a way to use it mid combo but until I can get something out of it, I'm using my meter on ex phase.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Invisible or not, they have to play the 50/50 game regardless. That's the only problem I have with this.

Regardless they are going to have to block correctly or they get hit, invisible or not.

Cool stuff that you found a way to use it mid combo but until I can get something out of it, I'm using my meter on ex phase.
He didn't even find it because this was talked about on like week 1. It's pointless to me and I preached why it was pointless. But it's their game so they can play it however they want I suppose...

Sunny_D

He didn't even find it because this was talked about on like week 1. It's pointless to me and I preached why it was pointless. But it's their game so they can play it however they want I suppose...
Im just trying to show HOW to use a tool he has. Not saying its something 100% to be used in your gamplan just that its there. And invisible 50 50s at the end of a match will send your opponent to panic mode more so then normal 50 50s. Just showing HOW you would use this tool he has, whether its viable or not.

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
If done right you can get 2 invisible vortex if you get the first to hit. So 2 invisible vortex for 1 bar not that bad to through out once in a while . But you have to make your combos a bit shorter to guarantee the second invisibility vortex its only a one percent less with shorter combo

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
i actually tried things like this in matches and i can say that if used right it actually makes up for smokes lack of armor just simply because of how fast his low and OH starters are. I do recommend the 1 bar instead of wasting two bars of meter but i can agree this is a great use of the tool and i do thing is was great to be put on TYM.

Remember that all around Smoke is related of how you enter in your opponent mind so Invis setups are always welcome, but it would be better if the invis were at least immune to a hit like reptile's.
One Question here, i haven't tested yet but how free are you to jump? (crossover or neutral) depending of that, going invisible add an extra option for me to use.

Sunny_D

Thank
i actually tried things like this in matches and i can say that if used right it actually makes up for smokes lack of armor just simply because of how fast his low and OH starters are. I do recommend the 1 bar instead of wasting two bars of meter but i can agree this is a great use of the tool and i do thing is was great to be put on TYM.

Sunny_D

T
Lol. Now invis adds extra scaling in the combo. Definitely not worth it now.
They nerfed smoke just for the hell of it. I don't recall anyone saying he was "broke" hell he was the most balanced KP2 character IMO maybe even top 3 balanced mkx character in general

Last edited:

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
It shouldn't be that way. Why increase the scaling? Any starter into spear xx mb invisibility should grant him more than 28 to 30% if I'm going for full combo after spear... If it netted me 35% + I'm still invisible on there wake up for a mix up opportunity then yes it's worth it but as it is now it's kinda useless.