What's new

General/Other Smoke Bait?

Haven't seen this really done before, but I tried something in a couple matches today. When under a lot of pressure I would EN Shake, sometimes it would catch my opponent for simple damage, other times it would pay off with 25+%. How?
Well, my opponent seeing me use EN Shake would get him to stop infront of me, holding off his attack just long enough for me to throw out a b3 kick into a smoke bomb which lead into a nice short punish combo. The EN Shake animation holds its "shake"form for a split second if done and released instanly, which i think allowed me to get these combos. Maybe I just had bad opponents, but it really worked well. Could someone else please try this to see if it could be reliable? If it is this could be something useful for getting out of pressure/counter comboing

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Haven't seen this really done before, but I tried something in a couple matches today. When under a lot of pressure I would EN Shake, sometimes it would catch my opponent for simple damage, other times it would pay off with 25+%. How?
Well, my opponent seeing me use EN Shake would get him to stop infront of me, holding off his attack just long enough for me to throw out a b3 kick into a smoke bomb which lead into a nice short punish combo. The EN Shake animation holds its "shake"form for a split second if done and released instanly, which i think allowed me to get these combos. Maybe I just had bad opponents, but it really worked well. Could someone else please try this to see if it could be reliable? If it is this could be something useful for getting out of pressure/counter comboing
Very interesting.

I dont think its a tech you can use often, If you were to do that to me I would just block

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
getting b3 to link into smoke bomb happens once out of maybe 20 times of trying it against a standing opponent (ex bomb might work better, I never tried it. I don't really like b3)

That being said, shake is a great psych out/bait. Teleporters seem to fall for full screen shake bait all the time. Even up close, if you do enhanced shake (unless your opponent is poke happy) throwing EX shake forces them to hesitate. When they do, you dash cancel out of the shake and throw them. It works 99% of the time because their brains are considering how to react to the shake and aren't ready to react to an instant dash > throw.

I don't go out of my way to do this, but when I try to use EX shake and it "whiffs" I immediately go for a dash out to either throw or instant jump kick.

kandehbar

The Gryphon
shake is great. when dash cancel i try to do 3-2 and D1 and D3 spam to get my poke pressure established again ( i say again cause i only shake cancel when im getting pressured)

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
getting b3 to link into smoke bomb happens once out of maybe 20 times of trying it against a standing opponent (ex bomb might work better, I never tried it. I don't really like b3)

That being said, shake is a great psych out/bait. Teleporters seem to fall for full screen shake bait all the time. Even up close, if you do enhanced shake (unless your opponent is poke happy) throwing EX shake forces them to hesitate. When they do, you dash cancel out of the shake and throw them. It works 99% of the time because their brains are considering how to react to the shake and aren't ready to react to an instant dash > throw.

I don't go out of my way to do this, but when I try to use EX shake and it "whiffs" I immediately go for a dash out to either throw or instant jump kick.
True, landing that bomb after the b3 is a pain in the ass.

Butttt, why not do b2,3~ smoke bomb, it's quick as shit!

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
I do this already (sparingly because the players who i do it to i was kind enough to tell them to d1 or sweep me if i EX Shake because they were claiming haxx) and i dash cancel out to B2,3 or Throw, B2,3 works at decent range and it can sometimes catch them on the way into a poke because of the speed and it being an overhead, so you can beat their poke before they even think about doing it!

Also another nice thing to note if you dash cancel out with uf,uf instead of f,f you can do a JIP to full combo of your choosing. Start using these baits with regular shakes thrown in every now and then and you can force a hesitation without using meter.

Yeah sorry guys, i was referring to an EX Bomb afterwards to make an easy connection.

Also, I would make a video if I had any camera available at all, wish I was better prepared for this lol