What's new

Tech SM combo ender with flying punch

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Ive noticed that if the opponent is slightly farther than half screen if you do a basic BnB F23, Breath MB, B3, J3, scoop, 3 flying punch the combo will take the opponent all the way to corner. If SM traps a player in the corner any hip will connect for 50% minimum up 71-73%. I think flying punch is always better than rising grab unless SM is in the corner then end with rising grab to throw them into the corner. Oki ender with sweep is never bad.

Joshkazkab

I am the Protector of Russia's Skies!
Isn't this already the general consensus of every serious Superman player? The only time I see Supermans ending in Rising grab are the ones who just watched combo videos.

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
It bears mentioning that sometimes you need that little bit of extra damage from rising grab~air heat vision to kill. Other than that, always corner carry (3~BF+3) or oki ender. For oki, F2D13 > D3 in all regards.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
All down 3s are hard knock downs and prevent tech rolls so its easier to attack opponent when they get up with cross ups, armor moves, etc...

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Does oki mean ambiguous setup ?

And if it is, do you guys use 3 or 2 ?
Oki is short for the (japanese) term "okizeme", which is a blanket description referring to hard knockdowns and the mix-ups situations that arise. In a way in does mean ambiguous setup I guess. Oki = grounded / wake-up metagame