What's new

Slow motion lag online

Rizz091

Noob
Playing this game on Xbox I'm finding even on mutually wired 50-60 ping connections, matches sometimes devolve into lagging so bad that the game goes in slow motion. This brings me back to the stone age of delay based netcode online.

I've been doing a lot of Casual matchmaking to experiment and I feel like this is happening about 1/3 of the time.

I'm wondering if it's just me or anyone else is having this experience? I don't feel like this problem came up much at all in the beta. And playing other fighters online like sf6 I don't experience anything like this.

I've been noticing it a lot too, i'm on xbox series s. It seems to really slow down near the end of matches too which is insanely frustrating. I noticed it in the beta as well. sf6 runs much, much better in my experience.

This is probably my biggest concern for the game right now. I'm out $100 plus and I'm not about to go back to the mk9 online days in fuckin 2023.

ReD WolF

Lord of the Drip
I've had the same issue on PS5 from time to time. It's highly irritating especially when it happens in the middle of a string or combo.

Playing this game on Xbox I'm finding even on mutually wired 50-60 ping connections, matches sometimes devolve into lagging so bad that the game goes in slow motion. This brings me back to the stone age of delay based netcode online.

I've been doing a lot of Casual matchmaking to experiment and I feel like this is happening about 1/3 of the time.

I'm wondering if it's just me or anyone else is having this experience? I don't feel like this problem came up much at all in the beta. And playing other fighters online like sf6 I don't experience anything like this.
yes, on series s. i noticed that it happens especially often when i use frost/havik freeze combos. so maybe CPU-heavy animations cause the lag somehow. maybe the game transports unnecessarily much data between clients due to its always and everything online nature or sth like that. i dont really have a clue.

Rizz091

Noob
yes, on series s. i noticed that it happens especially often when i use frost/havik freeze combos. so maybe CPU-heavy animations cause the lag somehow. maybe the game transports unnecessarily much data between clients due to its always and everything online nature or sth like that. i dont really have a clue.
Yeah I'm really curious if it's a server issue. I heard this game isn't peer to peer but uses dedicated servers instead. Idk if the server explodes sometimes because they're poorly maintained/overloaded or what.