What's new

Tech Slayer Special, F2 Trait Cancel, and Midscreen Divebombs

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I was in the kitchen and pulled a Slayer Special fresh out the oven; this time in Joker's Asylum. In addition to bullying Grundy at Tyrant's dismay, I have also added F2 Trait bait tech and Midscreen Divebomb resets. As most of you know, F2 on block is extremely plus, so if you trait cancel this in the corner and meterburn a F3, you've got guaranteed 65%+ damage against counterpokers and mashers. The midscreen crossup Divebomb resets are good for traitless 1 meter 35%+ if you have it to burn and want to keep your opponent guessing. Enjoy my fellow Kryptonians!

Sidenote: If you do F2 Breath in the corner instead of F23 Breath on block, you'll stay in their face and have more plus frames with which to play the guessing game.

instead of jump 3 (after f2 traitcancel forward 3), I'd recommend players do stand 3 into zap. Easier to connect for me anyways and gets same amount of damage I believe.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Also I thought slayer had already been using the midscreen dive bomb otg set ups? Superman being able to turn every combo into an otg and completely remove waking up from a match on top of him getting 70%+ for his interactable combos on basically every map is why he is number 1

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Also I thought slayer had already been using the midscreen dive bomb otg set ups? Superman being able to turn every combo into an otg and completely remove waking up from a match on top of him getting 70%+ for his interactable combos on basically every map is why he is number 1
Slayer and KDZ use it, but I want the Superman community as a whole to add it to their arsenal. We need to step our shit up.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
divebombs are stupid >:I the fact that they nullify all wakeups AND can cross you up AND can relaunch you for a combo is just stupid ontop of stupid x.x. i hate this move. Ban it! >:I

Last edited:

Sogekking772

Who's next?
is the MB F3 70% when you ABSORB the poke? curious.

otherwise, as for the rest of it:
I don't think so according to the video. Otherwise it would be hella broken if it was with absorb hit, because it could make even more damage lol.

Btw you should make a video with interactable leading to a free OTG reset like Themyscira's tree, because I thinks it's possible in some others stages.

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
as far as i know this is the only defence against divebomb...

:Hope like hell you've blocked correctly, which is not easy by any means :/

MrAvA

Smashing.
I discover that mid screen reset before evo and the only time I really use it is to just go for the pure damage 1st round then zone. Another variate is standard BnB to MB breath then B3 jump 3 dash once instant dive punch ( Like 2inch of the ground) and it will cross over, another one is B3 then let the opponent travel around above you head and dive punch, and lastly is for only smart players just b3 and wait for them to come down dash back and low laser scope. (Gets them every time)

Sadly the only way to beat that reset is to tech roll but if you know they will do it you can just air dash forward 2 after the jump 3 and it will always cross over behind them every time.