What's new

Slaughter Swamp "confirmed" as a Stage for Injustice 2

Gamer68

Fujin!
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/5pyxfm/slaughter_swamp_confirmed_as_stage/

In the Watchtower livestream when they select a stage, for some reason the announcer says "Fighters approaching Slaughter Swamp" instead of the stage they picked. So even though the stage isn't in the build they showed, it does seem that they have files and placeholders for it in the game.

For those of you who don't know, Slaughter Swamp is Solomon Grundy's "home" and apparently Swamp Thing visits the location sometimes.

Swamp Thing is also rumored to -- at least eventually -- make it into Injustice 2's roster.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Just a note, I'm not saying that this stage confirms Grundy because I honestly don't think he will be back -- both in the base game and DLC. I actually feel like it's confirming Swamp Thing if anything.
That is fair, I guess we will see what happens.

I highly doubt they would put this stage in the game and not bring Grundy back, especially since he's a grappler and NRS likely has a grappler quota they want to meet.

Jamar

AnubizBlackk
https://www.reddit.com/r/INJUSTICE/comments/5pyxfm/slaughter_swamp_confirmed_as_stage/

In the Watchtower livestream when they select a stage, for some reason the announcer says "Fighters approaching Slaughter Swamp" instead of the stage they picked. So even though the stage isn't in the build they showed, it does seem that they have files and placeholders for it in the game.

For those of you who don't know, Slaughter Swamp is Solomon Grundy's "home" and apparently Swamp Thing visits the location sometimes.

Swamp Thing is also rumored to -- at least eventually -- make it into Injustice 2's roster.
i didn't hear that the first time good ear

trufenix

bye felicia
I haven't seen anything about him being DLC. Source?
There isn't one. None of the DLC characters have been formally announced, but I'm assuming with 9 (okay, 7 spots) incredibly popular characters that got teased during Injustice 1's development are super high probability. If he and Red Hood aren't DLC, I will eat my hat.

Slaughter Swamp is an interesting stage idea, I'm really hoping we can see places like Apokolips and the Flash Museum.

Gorilla City too.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Swamp Thing and Solomon Grundy are connections, but the main one for this game is this;

Reading the bios clears a bit up.

If this guy isn't Grodd's premium skin, he'll shoot you in the face