What's new

Skream: Dubstep is dead.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I was never a fan of this genre, though these posted songs are alright.

But it was obvious that dubstep had been raped and destroyed once you could hear it's influence in Taylor Swift songs. "I Knew You Were Trouble".
Goat version makes up for it.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
I was never a fan of this genre, though these posted songs are alright.

But it was obvious that dubstep had been raped and destroyed once you could hear it's influence in Taylor Swift songs. "I Knew You Were Trouble".

i dont get this. what makes it a bad song? the song is catchy and the melody in the chorus is good. im no taylor swift fan but trouble is a good song. you don't say if it is good or bad, just that the supposed dubstep influence is a sign dubstep is 'raped and destroyed' ?

i dunno if OP meant for this to actually be a discussion or whether he just wanted to dickride his fav artist, but in case of the former, we should outline exactly what made dubstep 'alive' before it 'died'.

id say the overpopulation of dubstep is a sign that it is more alive than ever. someone already stated that whatever old school origins you value in dubstep, you can still find in newer artists - is there a genre out there that has ever actually ceased to exist? you have a million upstart 80s thrash bands right now, you have a million punk bands, a million dubstep producers, you even have fucking barbershop quartets for christ sake.

i think i know what people are getting at and it's the same old boring ass "shit got popular now i dont like it" or "shit changed and I didnt and now im stuck listening to albums from 10 years ago" - the reality is there are thousands of unsigned artists pumping out amazing tracks covering a magnitude of genres spanning every decade where a musical identity existed. but if you only pay attention to whats in the charts or whats on VEVO.. theres no hope for you.

on top of that, on a personal note, if you have never written a song, if you cant play an instrument, if you cant produce a track, if you can't sing, if you're not in a band, if you've never played a show, if you dont know what an oscillator is - then what the fuck are you actually judging the music by? your emotional response? how can you know how to respond if you dont understand what you are listening to? - hence your parents telling you metal sounds like screaming retards, hence the people in this thread saying "LOL DUBSTEP IS DUMB ITS LIKE COMPUTER SEX NOT EVEN REAL MUSIC"

fucking idiots. no, im kidding, you're all cool by me.:REO

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
on top of that, on a personal note, if you have never written a song, if you cant play an instrument, if you cant produce a track, if you can't sing, if you're not in a band, if you've never played a show, if you dont know what an oscillator is - then what the fuck are you actually judging the music by? your emotional response? how can you know how to respond if you dont understand what you are listening to? - hence your parents telling you metal sounds like screaming retards, hence the people in this thread saying "LOL DUBSTEP IS DUMB ITS LIKE COMPUTER SEX NOT EVEN REAL MUSIC"

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
i dont get this. what makes it a bad song? the song is catchy and the melody in the chorus is good. im no taylor swift fan but trouble is a good song. you don't say if it is good or bad, just that the supposed dubstep influence is a sign dubstep is 'raped and destroyed' ?
The song is fine. Good standard catchy pop song. But I guarantee you that the song was made with this mentality: "This whole dub step thing is taking off, so let's make the song have that kind of feel." Which signifies the death of the sincerity of a musical style.

miloPKL

i cant view this video, but i took the time to read the blog entry, and while this guy might have 6000 likes, i believe i have a logical counter argument which i will not type at this moment [im always at work], watch this space :)

edit: by the way ShadowBeatz it should go on record that i challenged no one to do better. i posed the question - if you dont understand the first thing about what is actually happening musically, how can you make accurate crticism? anyway more later

miloPKL

The song is fine. Good standard catchy pop song. But I guarantee you that the song was made with this mentality: "This whole dub step thing is taking off, so let's make the song have that kind of feel." Which signifies the death of the sincerity of a musical style.

dude you dont know that. you are projecting. you are making assumptions on the intent behind the creation of the music, and not on the music itself. dubstep is VERY popular and has been for at least 5 years [more?]. why can't this song be sincere? because its pop AND dubstep? is it that pop music in general can not be sincere? is it because she is a disney girl?

in any case none of these external factors change the product - a catchy pop song with a powerful melodic hook in the chorus and some nice deep bass. i enjoy the song and wont project onto it.

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
edit: by the way ShadowBeatz it should go on record that i challenged no one to do better. i posed the question - if you dont understand the first thing about what is actually happening musically, how can you make accurate crticism? anyway more later
No no man, that wasn't a video meant to dispute or anything. I'm not trying to start anything, it's just the guy raises a good point. I, like you, am a producer of electronic music. I can hear what's going on in a certain song better than someone who doesn't make music, but that doesn't mean that my opinion is "more correct" than another's. You don't need to be a musician to know that "Friday" sucked balls :D

That being said, it pisses me off when someone says "Skrillex sucks" because, he really doesn't. As an artist he's "meh," but as a producer he far from sucks