What's new

Match-up Discussion Skarlet's worst matchups?

Hey I have a friend of mine (*wink*) who's going to EVO but he thinks there's going to be a lot of great Skarlet players repping her (*wink*). Obviously only 1 month doesn't give him enough time to practice the matchup with his main (*nudge, nudge*), so now "he" wants to play it lazy and sub a good counter for her. Who would that be in your opinion?

Based on her tools and the way she seems to play, I would say: Nightwolf, Jade, Raiden, Sub-Zero, Cyber Sub, Liu Kang, Stryker and Smoke could be good counter picks.

What do you think? Who is more likely to give Skarlet trouble and why? Who's giving you a hard time so far?

Discuss.

btw I'm not really going to EVO lol. I was just wondering what her best and worst matchups would be.

PANDEMlC

El Psy Congroo
Sub doesn't seem that good against her, not bad just not particularly good. Dagger cancels make her ranged game pretty safe and she can ex dash through clones and ice balls I'd assume so getting in isn't too much of a problem.

Xoo

Noob
I'm having lots of trouble with a Johnny Cage player I frequently play with. I'm finding a lot of her stuff too slow or maybe his stuff is just fast. His pressure is very hard for me to stop...Anyone else have experience in what to do in this match-up?

Eight

I am the salt
Sub is definitely a bad choice. No sliding underneath those damn daggers. Can't chill behind clones (tele and armored slide/dash).

I would hazard a guess at perhaps Kung Lao or Smoke to work best against her.

Yeah I heard REO say Kung Lao and Raiden were bad matchups for her because she can't build meter vs them.

You're probably right about Sub.

Frankly I would argue that 1 month is more than enough time to learn the match up if you choose your opponents wisely. Just ask for skarlet players. Otherwise, reptile is a big problem, that dash gets very problematic when it comes to doing anything as skarlet.