2 - triangle (PS), Y (X-Box)
3 - X (PS), A (X-Box)
4 - O (PS), B (X-Box)

BLK - block
~ - next sequence must be input immediately
* - tap and hold

AA - anti air

Noteworthy Basic Attacks

d+3 - generic d+3. Use it to create space against rush down characters. Watch out for the jump when you start using this.

d+2 - generic MK uppercut. Skarlet's d+2 is not too good but too bad either. Only to be used as an anti-aerial attack.

f+4,3 - safe string with tremendous push back on block. f+4,3 is undoubtedly one of Skarlet's best strings because it positions her to the sweet spot, so she can toss more daggers. f+4~d,f+3 into slide is only interruptable by X-Rays and quick attacks with armor.

u+3,4 - safe hop kick string that looks like something you would see in Tekken. At the moment, u+3,4 has limited uses. A minor glitch, which will soon be fixed, prevents Skarlet from performing the string after dashing.

f+3,1 - main punishing tool for blocked special moves such as Raiden's Electric Fly (b,f+3) and Smoke's Teleport Punch (d,b+4). Use f+3,1~d,b+2 + combo. See the combo section below. f+3,1 is slow, but it may be Skarlet's only hit-confirmable launcher that hits crouching opponents. You can do f+3,1~d,f+3. If it is blocked, slide. If it hits, do the Up Slash and combo. On block after f+3,1, the slide is only interruptable by X-Rays and quick attacks with armor.

2,1,2 - main punishing tool for blocked special moves such as Reptile's Elbow Dash (b,f+2). Some characters can crouch the first two hits, even on block, so I would generally stay away from 2,1,2 (aside from punishing). See the combo section below.

For the most part, everything else is either too unsafe or too slow.

Special Attacks

Dagger Toss (d,f+1) - Skarlet tosses two daggers that leave trails of blood.

- the first dagger does 3% of damage while the second dagger does 4% of damage. Even though the game says that the first dagger does no block damage, if you pay attention to your opponent's lifebar, you will notice that it does do minor block damage.

- the two daggers can be ducked and they never combo, not even at point blank range.

- the second toss can be canceled by holding down the face button. You can toss consecutive daggers using d,f+1*, backdash, d,f+1*, backdash, d,f+1*, etc. Using this technique, Skarlet can toss projectiles very quickly.

- the daggers build a lot of super meter, particularly if your opponent is silly enough to block them, but they provide poor hit advantage.

- AA d,f+1*, d,f+1*, d,f+1 is a combo that does 11% of damage.

- Nightwolf can reflect the daggers, but if you keep throwing them fast enough, the reflected daggers will disappear before they have a chance to make contact with you

Close Air Dagger (d,b+1 in air) - Skarlet tosses a dagger in a downward direction. This special move looks somewhat similar to Sindel's d,f+3 in air.

- Close Air Dagger can be done instantly using u~d,b+1, which is solid for building meter.

Far Air Dagger (d,f+1 in air) - Skarlet tosses a dagger that travels horizontally just like Liu Kang's b,f+1 in air.

- Far Air Dagger can be done instantly using u~d,f+1, which is solid because of improved recovery and meter building.

Blood Ball (f,d,b+1) - As the name suggests, Skarlet tosses a blood ball which can be controlled with up and down.

- The Blood Ball does 15% of damage and 6% of block damage, but Skarlet loses 7% of her life.

- The Blood Ball has no enhanced version.

Up Slash (d,f+2) - Skarlet launches the opponent with her knife. The Up Slash looks similar to Nightwolf's d,f+1.

- The Up Slash is not safe on block. It is punishable by fast special attacks and by fast jabs.

Down Slash (d,b+2) - Skarlet pummels and launches the opponent with her knife.

- The Down Slash is an overhead, but it is not safe on block. It is more punishable than the Up Slash.

Blood Drop (d,b+4) - Skarlet teleports to the other side of the screen and pummels the opponent.

- The Blood Drop is very unsafe on block. It cannot be used to punish the faster recovering projectiles in the game, such as Kano's Knife Toss and Quan Chi's Skull

Red Dash (d,f+3) - Skarlet dashes forward. Tapping f+2 after it performs the Up Slash. Tapping b+4 after it performs the Down Slash. Tapping 4 after it performs a slide attack.

- The slide attack is safe on block.

- There is some kind of difficult just frame after the slide. You can juggle with d,f+2. Tap 4~f+2 quickly after the Red Dash. This is a glitch that will be fixed, according to Paulo Garcia.

Throw

- the front throw does 11% of damage while the back throw does 17% of damage. Expect this to be patched to meet universal throw damage at 12%.

Enhanced Special Attacks

Double Daggers (d,f+1+BLK) - Skarlet tosses three sets of daggers two consecutive times

- the first set of daggers does 5% of damage while the second set of daggers does 7% of damage (unless you hold it in which case it does 8% of damage)

- the daggers can be ducked and they never combo, not even at point blank range.

- just like with the regular daggers, the second toss can be canceled by holding down the face button.

- Double Daggers provide more frame advantage on hit and block. There are some block frame traps that you can do up close.

Tri Air Daggers (d,f+1+BLK or d,b+1+BLK in air) - Skarlet shoots three daggers in different directions. This move looks similar to Nightwolf's enhanced Arrow.

- each dagger does 4% of damage and 1% of block damage. The daggers never combo unless you hit them point blank in the air.

- The Tri Air Daggers do not look impressive on paper, but they are a solid tool. Use them to chip opponents to death at the end of rounds. It works well because they control a lot of space. Also, if you are jumping back and need a cover, throw them out.

Dual Up Slash (d,f+2+BLK) - Skarlet slashes the opponent twice.

- Not safe on block. Never waste any meter on this move.

Dual Down Slash (d,b+2+BLK) - Skarlet slashes the opponent twice. The first hit is an overhead.

- Not safe on block. Never waste any meter on this move.

Blood Stomp (d,b+4+BLK) - Skarlet teleports to the other side of the screen and stabs the opponent.

- The Blood Stomp is not any safer than the regular version, but it does do slightly more damage and seems slightly quicker to me

- Not too bad of an enhanced special attack if you need to punish projectiles, particularly at the end of rounds

Krimson Dash (d,f+3+BLK) - Skarlet dashes forward quickly. The dash has armor. Tapping f+2 after it performs the Up Slash. Tapping b+4 after it performs the Down Slash. Tapping 4 after it performs a slide attack.

- The Krimson Dash is arguably Skarlet's best enhanced special attack. You can blow through projectiles and pokes and juggle your opponent with the Up Slash at mid range. Really, really good stuff.

X-Ray - Skarlet flips forward and proceeds to attack the opponent. The X-Ray does 29% of damage.

- the X-Ray works best as an anti-aerial attack, but the damage is very poor. I would only use it to finish off opponents. Skarlet is better off using her powerful enhanced special attacks than waste an entire super meter on 29% of damage. Not worth it.

Fatalities (Thanks to Tim Static)

Fatality 1 - Blood Bath - d, b, d, d + BLK (sweep distance)

Fatality 2 - Make it Rain - f, b, d, d + 4 (jump distance)

Babality - d, b, d, f + 2 (jump distance)

Stage - f, b, f + 1 (close)

Bread and Butter Combos

1. f+3,1~d,b+2, f+4~d,f+3,b+2, f+4~d,f+3,b+2, dash 2,3~d,f+3,4. 41% of damage.

2. f+3,1~d,b+2, dash 2,3~d,f+3,b+2, 2~dagger cancel, dash 1,1,2, d,f+3. 38% of damage + mix ups.

The first combo does the most damage and builds the most super meter. The second combo ends in the Red Dash and leaves opponents in a guessing game between the slide, Down Slash, and throw. I like to use the first combo when I am winning and the second when I am losing.

3. f+3,1~d,b+2, b+2~d,b+2, 2,3~d,f+3,f+2, dash quickly 2,3~d,f+3,4. 44% of damage.

4. 2,1,2~d,f+1*, 2,3~d,f+3,f+2, 2,3~d,f+3,4. 37% of damage.

General Strategy

The daggers cause poor damage, so Skarlet is not winning too many full screen projectile wars. However, if you step forward to mid screen, things change. The daggers, especially when canceled, are so fast that opponents will have a difficult time moving around. In fact, they are most likely going to be crouching. The key is to be able to move left and right while canceling the daggers and reacting to what opponents do. You can also use the Red Dash at mid range. You can slide, which is safe on block, or dash, stop, and throw. Use the slide to check opponents who dash. Once you train your opponents to block low, you can use the Down Slash from the Red Dash to juggle. Be mindful of the move's lack of safety on block, though. Should opponents throw their own projectiles at mid range, you may blow right through them with the enhanced Red Dash which has armor. Use the Up Slash afterwards for a juggle.

Glitches

- Up and Down Slashes after slide (d,f+3,4~f+2 or b+2)

- Back throw damage (17%)

- Inability to dash and perform u+3

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is Skarlet's best wake up move?
A: The Red Dash into the slide (d,f+3,4). You can also use the enhanced Red Dash which has armor.

Q: What can Skarlet do against cross ups?
A: Use the Red Dash (d,f+3) to dash underneath your opponent's cross up. You can also use the enhanced Red Dash which has armor. You can jump back and punch too which gives a free d,f+3,4.

Dark_Rob

Noob
I stickied this as well, so this can be the main Skarlet thread. We'll get a character icon for her on the forum index to once shes released.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
The dash is a special move btw.

If you just do the move itself, she just dashes. But if you add 4, it becomes a slide.

I wanted to get more hands on with her today, but didn't get a chance to go. Maybe tomorrow I will swing by before school.

[Edit]

Also, teleport on block is very unsafe. It can be performed in the air.

If I remember correctly, on her EN Teleport, she sort of jumps on top of you like Mileena and stabs you as she lands the teleport.

Kwon

---->----
Just hoping she is "somewhat" balanced from the get-go :D

She seemed to have alot of options, fast range, slow range, aerial range, diagonal range, teleport, slide etc

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Neclord said:
It looks like her X-Ray does very low damage (6 hits 25% damage?).
But overall she looks decent.
I think I saw 29% in one youtube video.

X-Rays are important in this game, but I wouldn't say that they make or break a character.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
I think I saw 29% in one youtube video.

X-Rays are important in this game, but I wouldn't say that they make or break a character.
I think 29% was from the "hack" videos, so you cant go on that build. Isnt Kung Lao's Xray low dmg as well? I forget now. Plus it depends how the xray is used eg is its use primarily in kombos and if so how does it damage scale...etc.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ernov said:
I think 29% was from the "hack" videos, so you cant go on that build. Isnt Kung Lao's Xray low dmg as well? I forget now. Plus it depends how the xray is used eg is its use primarily in kombos and if so how does it damage scale...etc.
Kung Lao can perform short juggles after his X-Ray. His X-Ray is very damaging.

There is no sense in speculating. Let's just hope she is a solid character.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kakimori said:
How far does her dash take her? Can you chain multiple dashes for movement purposes, like Reptile's?
We shall find out later today.

Expect huge revisions to the first post in the next couple of days.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Im really liking to play this char but she seems a lil broken with that dash and the ground kunai tricks. She's very fast but thats not a problem, esp since she wont have mmuch dmg output.

The special dash went invincibly through SZ's ice ball (not even armour or anything), was that enhanced version?

Im loving her so far, but just suspicious of the fairness issue thats all.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Already added this to OP, but here it is here too:

Fatality 1 - Blood Bath - D, B, D, D, Block (Sweep distance)

Fatality 2 - Make it Rain - F B D D 4 (jump distance)

Babality - D, B, D, F, 2 (jump distance)

Stage - F, B, F, 1 (close)

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Im really liking to play this char but she seems a lil broken with that dash and the ground kunai tricks. She's very fast but thats not a problem, esp since she wont have mmuch dmg output.

The special dash went invincibly through SZ's ice ball (not even armour or anything), was that enhanced version?

Im loving her so far, but just suspicious of the fairness issue thats all.
Yeah, I noticed that EX with projectile armor. I don't see why she needs that considering she has a telekick. Sure, that telekick can be punished, but it still will get her out of the corner/away from being barraged with projectiles.

I suspected as much from DLC, though, realistically nobody wants to buy a shitty character. Aesthetics only goes so far.

Can you guys make videos of her first and second fatalities in HQ? I'd be really thankful. OH DAMN why PSN takes so long to update!!!!

From her Red Dash she can do:

4 - Slide
f+2 - Up Slash
b+2 - Down Slash

The Slide can cancel into:

f+2 - Up Slash (will combo)
b+2 - Down Slash (will not combo)

J3RR4X

Cyrax needs a faster uppercut...
MK9Online posted a decent combo vid already. Low outputs but nice strings.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Her X-ray hits overhead, which is why it does so little damage. For an X-ray that fast with that much range to hit overhead, it's a pretty threatening move even on blocked strings. I don't want it doing 33%+ damage. I'm fine with the 29% for now.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
As far as anti-aerial attack are concerned, it seems as though we have to stick with d+2 and f+4 until u+3 gets fixed. d+2 is average. f+4 has a weird hitbox and you have to get used to it. At least you get to juggle afterwards with d,f+2. Anti-aerial attacks are crucial. If your dagger canceling is on point, you can toss daggers without moving back and forth, so most characters will have to jump forward. Personally, I have to get used to the small window that disables blocking after a canceled dagger.

She appears difficult to play. I use daggers, slides, and throws. I use d+1 and d+3 for poking. d+2, f+4, and X-Ray are my AA attacks. My main strings are 1,1,2 and f+4,3. Everything else feels too slow and too unsafe. Someone come up with some offensive strategies. I am so offensively challenged. LOL.

Edit: Random stuff.

- full screen Blood Ball comboes into Teleport.

- blocked d+4~d,f+3,4 cannot be interrupted.

- I think f+3,1~d,f+3,f+2 can be hit-confirmed. If you see a block, do the slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.