What's new

Skarlet's parry WILL become obsolete or too much MU specific overtime

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey everyone, before i start this discussion i just want to let you know that i find this ultimate Skarlet very strong, her fundamental core is so great that her weakness at this point to me just seems to be anti-airs at best, otherwise i think she is a very solid character.

But as the game goes, i started to feel the need of getting out of my comfort zone a bit and try to explore new tools over the standarized Parry+Teleport+Damage build that we all can now achieve, with either Cell Siphon for consistency+ space control, Blood point with a bit riskier but killer damage and of course Retch Rebution which is the weaker than the other 2 but adds a restand.

So the move that caught my eye recently has been blood flow, and i'm trying to use it as much, but for that i have to remove parry from the tool set, and the main reason is because i rarely use it these days as ppl are always looking for it whenever they see equipped and they don't FLB as much as they should because Skarlet can move her gaps around.

Blood Flow adds the exact same ability and with slightly more risk, allows you to move your FLB gaps around which makes it just as hard to FLB, but also adds a even stronger projectile on screen for plus frames even up close. Setups that can't be jumped, or ducked in between and punish on recovery, it's just not possible, on top of giving Skarlet a very strong Oki and teleport mixups all together.

With this in mind, parry is the move that i have been moving out of the equation, while it's indeed a move that gives skarlet more health, switch sides, and prevents pit bulling against her, i can't also stress enough of how slow it is, and how the recovery is poor and how lows and jumps to beat it, specially if baited. And the main reason to actually use this tool at higher levels it's for me a level no player in this game has reached in order for us skarlet players to active use parry as a counter, which is to fish FLBs by using certain moves intentionally to be FLB and then counter reversal their counter. And even then, there are character in this gap counter doesn't really work unless you do it from B3, which no one times a FLB against B3.

As this goes and the more Skarlet players get better at defense, parry will become much less of a move to use.

So, as time goes on, i will be exploring:
Blood Flow+teleport
Blood Flow + Damage

And if by then NRS decided to make blood flow a 1 slot move, it will open a new world of possibilities.

Yeah the parry lose most of its usefulness against better opponents, I have it equipped on my main variation but it's mainly because I don't know what else to equip (I don't like Skarlet having a teleport).

Blood Flow being 1 slot would be insane, but if NRS could add a gamemode that would allow for testing things like this it would be great. I run Boiling point along Blood Flow, very strong loadout but easily counterable by any teleport character.

Yes...let's make her Parry frames faster.....how about 3 frames? How about make it so it works on all jump attacks and low attack while you're at it?...........give me a damn break, She has one of the faster parry's in the game AND can hold it. Get outta here.....

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Yes...let's make her Parry frames faster.....how about 3 frames? How about make it so it works on all jump attacks and low attack while you're at it?...........give me a damn break, She has one of the faster parry's in the game AND can hold it. Get outta here.....
This is not a buff parry thread
Besides it's not her parry that needs to be faster, are the cancel frames of her strings and her jab that needs to shave a few frames.
So that her parry remains slow, but she can bait 8 to 9f parrys with by intentionally trigger them to FLB.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Blood flow costing 2 slots in customs when it could just be a base move is a bit questionable. Its not even a different attack, its just regular blood ball but you spend meter to adjust the speed and its still a high and still doesn't pop up lol