What's new

Skarlet vs Kenshi - Which do you like more?

Which DLC Character to you like more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TyrantRevolver

Darkwave Digital
I bet Kenshi fever will end when Rain becomes available for download...
This. Bound to happen. Plus I heard more players screaming they wished Rain would be in the original roster even back before MK9 was released. That said I'm a Kenshi fan. I have been excited about him the moment people first posted scans of that magazine that said he would be DLC. I will try Rain but I'm pretty dead certain Kenshi will be permenant, 1st pick main. If I like Rain enough maybe he can be my second beside Ermac. Skarlet........she's neat but some of her strings look really silly and akward (those crouching uppercut finishers look like some silly drunken kungfu moves.) It really turned me off. She also reminds me of a reject Sakura from Dead or Alive with that ridiculous outfit of hers...ugh.

The loin cloth should be long like Kitana's at the very least. Please don't go this route with Frost if she ends up being DLC NRS....

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
Skarlett has become one of my favorite characters. I love everything about her. From her design, her finishers, and badassery.

Raidenwins

Raiden Practitioner
This. I felt the same exact way, when I bought Kenshi & Skarlet together.. I went into training mode with skarlet first to get a hang of the girl, and I felt like I couldn't analyze what was good/bad because of how much there was.. it was flustering. Then I went Player Select and tryed Kenshi and it clicked lol..Simple, few specials with distinct uses. Was nice :jerkoff:
Wait! Are you actually complaining that Skarlet has too many options?! More options means more possible ways of playing the character, i.e. you are not limited to being a zoner like you are with Kenshi. It also means more opportunities for being creative with her combos, more opportunities for mind games and mix-ups, i.e. deeper gameplay. How can you possibly complain about that?

I've always enjoyed characters with more moves, that's why I like Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Virtua Fighter. That's also why I enjoyed MKDA and MKD. In those two games characters had larger moveset than in MK9 and that made for a more varied gameplay experience. One thing I'll say though, I like the combo system in MK9 better. It's a lot more skill oriented as opposed to simply dialing-up the correct button combination.

I like them both the same but I'll root for the underdog skarlet she has a lot of options and her dagger cancels and run move makes her unique and easy to juggle a person to the corner.