What's new

Question Skarlet strings

Hi people, which kind of strings you use most with Skarlet and why? I am constantly thinking too much while playing and never know what to do, I already read Usedforglues breakdown about Skarlet, and about the meanings of her strings but I dont seem to nail it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
a)F212,1+2 to fuel her meter faster
b) 114 because it has a push back and if you ex dagger cancel i will still jail them standing
c) 112 because it resets the opponent out of any juggle
d) F43 because its safe, spacing and has a good range
e) B11F4 for easy punishments
f) F33 to add variety
d) u34 (generally u3) to AA punishments

but doing all this strings on their own will not do good to skarlet, her strings are unsafe and gimmickly on blockstrings, so you'll have to master how to mix it up on Red dash and dagger cancels to give her a solid gameplay.

a)F212,1+2 to fuel her meter faster
b) 114 because it has a push back and if you ex dagger cancel i will still jail them standing
c) 112 because it resets the opponent out of any juggle
d) F43 because its safe, spacing and has a good range
e) B11F4 for easy punishments
f) F33 to add variety
d) u34 (generally u3) to AA punishments

but doing all this strings on their own will not do good to skarlet, her strings are unsafe and gimmickly on blockstrings, so you'll have to master how to mix it up on Red dash and dagger cancels to give her a solid gameplay.
Thanks man! Thats finally some help I can really use :)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Still I dont like that your opponent can poke out of her 11+ strings right? At least out of her 112
If it whiff they'll poke because is 10 frames and the recovery time is negative, wich sucks.
Make sure you master her tools to be always safe everytime you jail someone into a block string.
112 doesn't trully jails the opponent on block,they can poke out or armor out once they block a Ex Dagger from that string, or if you delay a slide out of a red dash, or a regular down slash.

But the spacing gived by 112 can be used if you are making them respect some of the skarlet stuffs.

Is it wise to do this combo (4 example): B11F4 up slash, 2 Daggercancel, 112 (EX) daggercancenl (reset). I can NEVER do the 2 online, offline I can do it in rows, but online, Skarlet always seems to miss the 2 (after the up slash)

ryublaze

Noob
F2, 1, 2, 1+2 builds the most meter. I usually use it after a blocked jump-in punch. The jip, F2, 1 can be hit confirmed into a Red Dash, Down Slash but can be difficult to do.

1, 1, 4 staggers the opponent on hit so you can Red Dash and start 1, 1, 4 again or finish with Red Slide. If it hits an aerial opponent you can hit confirm it into Red Dash Up Slash. I usually use 1, 1, 4 after a standing reset (1, 1, 2) because you can confirm it into EX Dagger if your opponent is stand blocking.

1, 1, 2 I only use at the end of every combo because it disables wake-ups and gives you mix-ups.

F4, 3 I use it as an anti-air because it's safe and has two hits. You can hit confirm the F4 into Red Dash, Up/Down Slash. I also use it when I have my opponent in the corner.

B1, 1, F4 is used if my opponent is a low hitbox character. All of Skarlet's other fast strings whiff on crouch on characters like Mileena. I use this string after a blocked EX Dagger when my opponent is crouch blocking (usually happens at the end of a combo 1, 1, 2, EX Dagger). B1, 1, 4 is also used in Skarlet's wall combos. You can see her combos in Ninj's combo guide. If you're close to the corner, you can do B1, 1, F4, Red Dash, Down Slash to get the opponent in the corner.

U3 is used as a blocked teleport punisher. U3, U3, Air Dagger, dash, 2 or 3, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 1, 1, 2. There is a stronger varient of this combo but it is harder to do. Check Ninj's combo guide.

F4, Red Dash or D4, Red Dash are her best for footsies because of their range and cancel advantage.

It is important to use a Red Dash after all of her blockstrings so you can start mix-ups. You should also note which strings can jail the opponent standing so you can use an EX Dagger and dash cancel into another blockstring. F2, 1, 2, 1+2 / 1, 1, 4 / 1, 1, 2 all jail the opponent standing. There are a few others but those are the ones you really need.

I personally don't bother with her other strings like F3, 1, 2 or F3, 3 since they are either too slow and/or punishable on block. Once people start learning how to fight Skarlet, these strings will be beaten out every time. This is just my opinion though.

ryublaze

Noob
Oh yeah, F4, Red Dash is also her best punisher when blocking an opponent's move like Kung Lao's spin. You can hit confirm it into a Down Slash.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I only use b2, 4 and b1, 1, 3 because it's safe on block ! I also use b1, f3 against projectile !

Seriously, no one is actually using the b2 red dash ? :(