What's new

Tech Skarlet shnigs by LOTF

AssassiN

Noob
Beginning of this vid:

End of this vid:

Seriously, good stuff.
Doesn't the JIK + down dagger only work for d+1 attempt? Eddy Wang

Btw, they can always escape that blockstring pressure by letting go of block at the last hit. When you make that read it's free damage and probably the end of that round right there.
Isn't it also possible to duck between the JIP and F2?

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Beginning of this vid:

End of this vid:

Seriously, good stuff.

Btw, they can always escape that blockstring pressure by letting go of block at the last hit. When you make that read it's free damage and probably the end of that round right there.
Isn't it also possible to duck between the JIP and F2?
If they can duck between jip and f2 then there is an easy solution...112 into f212.

AssassiN

Noob
If they can duck between jip and f2 then there is an easy solution...112 into f212.
And people can make the dagger whiff by crouching between 2 and dagger.
If 114 they can just let themselves be hit by the 4 and hold crouchblock and just poke out when you try to do F212.

My point is, there is always a way. A player that knows the Skarlet MU will make use of these little things.
The only characters that truely have to block it are high hitbox characters.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
And people can make the dagger whiff by crouching between 2 and dagger.
If 114 they can just let themselves be hit by the 4 and hold crouchblock and just poke out when you try to do F212.

My point is, there is always a way. A player that knows the Skarlet MU will make use of these little things.
The only characters that truely have to block it are high hitbox characters.
Shhhhhhhhhhhh

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hey, um... I know this is the wrong thread, but uh... which thread is the combo guide for skarlet? Is there an up to date one? I see like three different ones. lol

Nice video btw, I'm gonna use it. lol

KRYS9984

Noob
Excellent video L0rdoftheFLY

You've really levelled up Skarlet in the past couple of months, your execution is impeccable.

Looking forward to seeing her in action, keep it up!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Beginning of this vid:

End of this vid:

Seriously, good stuff.
Works if you Cross them up or jump a bit close than fly and catch them crouching.

Btw L0rdoftheFLY, you can get better results with this jump if you jump cancel before the dagger touch them once you reset them.

And if they block it, wouldn't it catch them still if you manage to throw a Jik on the 20th frame? how could they armor out of it? if they're still stuck in frame advantage?

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Great stuff LotF. That's what I call a new BnB. -1% than mine, same % (42) with the ex-dc on block after reseting. Need to check the frame advantage we've got in both BnB. Same about the reloaded meter.

That's nothing to do with your video but I've noticed that you like to play skarlet in the safe way. It seems you don't like this red dash into overhead (I've seen that in your matches against Smarrgasm particulary). When he's understood he needed to block low against your slides, he started to take advantage over you.

In this tutorial video you would prefer going for a deep JiK air dagger against a crouch block opponent instead of a dc (dash back), rd ds combo (that is the risky way I would say).

Here is my question : Don't you think it may be sometimes better to take some risks when the opponent decides to not respect the slides (1 or 2 overheads will make them change their mind I guess).

Thx lord, I really respect you as a player. You are a very smart bastard tricky snaky snizzy crazy player (sorry I'm french). I hope you don't drink alcool since you meet Maxter. :p

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Great stuff LotF. That's what I call a new BnB. -1% than mine, same % (42) with the ex-dc on block after reseting. Need to check the frame advantage we've got in both BnB. Same about the reloaded meter.

That's nothing to do with your video but I've noticed that you like to play skarlet in the safe way. It seems you don't like this red dash into overhead (I've seen that in your matches against Smarrgasm particulary). When he's understood he needed to block low against your slides, he started to take advantage over you.

In this tutorial video you would prefer going for a deep JiK air dagger against a crouch block opponent instead of a dc (dash back), rd ds combo (that is the risky way I would say).

Here is my question : Don't you think it may be sometimes better to take some risks when the opponent decides to not respect the slides (1 or 2 overheads will make them change their mind I guess).

Thx lord, I really respect you as a player. You are a very smart bastard tricky snaky snizzy crazy player (sorry I'm french). I hope you don't drink alcool since you meet Maxter. :p
I play skarlet very safe. If your sparing partner was Pig Of The Hut you would too. This guy take advantage of every mistake you make. and lets be honest. At a high level the over head is very readable and blockable on reaction. The only risks I'll take is eh overhead or eh up slash. even regular up slash will get you pounded at the highest level.

Thank you for your compliments. Ive worked hard on this character and I think she is sooooo good. even when played safe. The risks you take shouldnt be "random"...they should be calculated and considered "reads"

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Works if you Cross them up or jump a bit close than fly and catch them crouching.

Btw L0rdoftheFLY, you can get better results with this jump if you jump cancel before the dagger touch them once you reset them.

And if they block it, wouldn't it catch them still if you manage to throw a Jik on the 20th frame? how could they armor out of it? if they're still stuck in frame advantage?
did you watch the vid with sound? I said canceling the dagger with jump before the dagger even hits the opponent is ideal.

About the jump kick and armor...I dont know the fames of the jump and the kick and stuff...all I know is it isnt safe and should only be used to catch someone rarely.

I just like the power that this character has:

1) Give me a 42% combo reset
-----------(thats ok ill block low to avoid the slide...oh shit she jumped! STAND BLOCK)
2) Block my JIP
-----------(LOL your supposed to block those, i'll just wait for her to fuck it up)
3) Oh sorry your dead
-----------(But I was supposed to block the JIP...DAMN)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I just like the power that this character has:

1) Give me a 42% combo reset
-----------(thats ok ill block low to avoid the slide...oh shit she jumped! STAND BLOCK)
2) Block my JIP
-----------(LOL your supposed to block those, i'll just wait for her to fuck it up)
3) Oh sorry your dead
-----------(But I was supposed to block the JIP...DAMN)
I had a blast LOL

SaJa

FH_FenriR
The risks you take shouldnt be "random"...they should be calculated and considered "reads"
Yeah I meant mindgame, I said "rdmly" because ex-ds is never garanteed, but even blocked and punished, if you can break it, that will make them fear the crouch block (and slides btw, which allows you to have an advantage for a while).