What's new

Skarlet is older than Mileena and maybe Ermac in the alternate timeline

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

When Raiden Creates the Alternate Timeline, the first thing that changes is exactly MK1 where Skarlet is a Easter Egg that if you pay close attention while you play the story mode, you will be able to see her in the tournament Cutscenes, from MK1 right before Cage starts to show off, and later on during the MK2 events.

Remember that by this time, Mileena wasn't created yet, she was in the plans and was an experiment that kept failing. Ermac was the freshest Shao Kahn's creation from Shao Kahn and he was the chosen to fight the Earthrealm Champion, which he lost to, by this time Skarlet was already fully developed and was fighting on the tournament and doing her side quest.

I can't really confirm if she and Ermac were created at the same time, the Game doesn't suggest otherwise but it doesn't suggest that Ermac is older either. So Skarlet has 1 year old during the MK1 event, Ermac has probably zero.

Not sure if a year passed from MK1 to MK2, but Mileena is created at this point, literally she and Ermac closely have the same age but Ermac born first.

I didn't noticed her until i have the character and play the Story mode a second time, it was when i started to see her in the Cutscenes, and i got really surprised because she was there from the very first MK1 tournament cutscene lol.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Skarlet is a blood-elemental being created by magic, probably she does not age .... both her and Ermac were created to pass through humanoids, but in nature, they are not, so, theoretically, they do not age ....

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I always got the idea that Ermac and Skarlet were created around the same time honestly but we see Skarlet in the background first, however Ermac has a much larger role as he actually fights in the first MK tourney this time around. Personally, I think he did even originally but in the "actual time of MK 1 being made" due to time, tech etc and other issues they didn't actually put Ermac in the game literally(not counting the red Scorpion glitch)

Though both a bit different and unique. Skarlet is a blood elemental more or less, while Ermac is an entity/enigma of souls within a vessel.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlet is a blood-elemental being created by magic, probably she does not age .... both her and Ermac were created to pass through humanoids, but in nature, they are not, so, theoretically, they do not age ....
Not only she doesn't Age, that i also think the reason she doesn't speak often is due the fact that she is young and is in development, either that, or she only speaks to Shao Kahn or when she really has to. In MK9 besides yelling you can see her letting a maniac Laugh when Shang Tsung Morphs into her.

She also self inflicts damage very often, which may suggest that she has high Speed Regeneration ability.
Can also control her blood freely creating pilars, and turn herself intangible.
Can Absorb blood to heal herself even faster, and if she absorbs someone with immense power she becomes OP too, But that is not new, because even by regular blood also makes her stronger, not just as fast as someone like Shao Kahn's blood i.e.

I wonder if by the time she will be able to clone herself trough blood DNA.

Skarlet = Cell (DBZ)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I always got the idea that Ermac and Skarlet were created around the same time honestly but we see Skarlet in the background first, however Ermac has a much larger role as he actually fights in the first MK tourney this time around. Personally, I think he did even originally but in the "actual time of MK 1 being made" due to time, tech etc and other issues they didn't actually put Ermac in the game literally(not counting the red Scorpion glitch)

Though both a bit different and unique. Skarlet is a blood elemental more or less, while Ermac is an entity/enigma of souls within a vessel.
Skarlet was living a different Story during the MK9 events, Shao Kahn decided to have her follow up close the Quan Chi's movements and she fought in the tournament too, but since she wasn't a main roster character her whole MK9 story becomes a bit irrelevant to the main even.

I look at the Skarlet Story (before and during MK9) as MK Mythologies, it tells a Story inside a Story that originates another Story.

I mean, she is only out of her cage because she is a blood lust character, Kahn controls her, and give's her a single mission that kept her away from the main mk9 story events, she is out of sight most of the time, she isn't fighting earthrealm characters, she doesn't care if outworld loses, she just follow Quan Chi and reports back to her master, which she fails.

I got thinking, Quan Chi carefully planned this whole plot with Shinnok before forging an alliance with Shao Kahn, and then everything played out accordingly to him only to expose that those were his plans all along, if Skarlet was following him all this time only to see her master dying (she is following Quan Chi) and see that he says that that was the plan all along.

Wouldn't she be a good plot to start off MKX? what are the possibilities of her not being there?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I think Ed Boon has a great opportunity in his hands, to bring Skarlet to MKX, and this way, expands her story background, and to give chance to her to grow as MK character into the franchise ..... could be such a waste if after presenting her in MK9, just discard her participation in the next game. I think she is a potential character for MKX story, but, let's see if NRS and Ed think the same ..... :rolleyes:

MKF30

@Eddy Wang yeah I forgot Ermac also fought in the MK2 tourney too. I guess it's not far off to assume Skarlet fought in the tournaments but we don't see her fight anyone yet she's there so guess it's very possible. I see what you mean, Skarlet's more of a spy for Kahn where as Ermac another enforcer both being controlled by his magic. Ermac we learn eventually gets freed from it though by Kenshi originally, now Ermac by default should be free since Kahn's dead. Skarlet who knows. I think she'll probably appear at least in the story if not playable.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think Ed Boon has a great opportunity in his hands, to bring Skarlet to MKX, and this way, expands her story background, and to give chance to her to grow as MK character into the franchise ..... could be such a waste if after presenting her in MK9, just discard her participation in the next game. I think she is a potential character for MKX story, but, let's see if NRS and Ed think the same ..... :rolleyes:
Indeed, i mean:

Why she was confined and chained? To use only in extreme cases? Didn't Shao Kahn had a true control over her? Or its because she grows strong with every kill?

And then we have the Kove, is that Skull Island the place where she was confined?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang yeah I forgot Ermac also fought in the MK2 tourney too. I guess it's not far off to assume Skarlet fought in the tournaments but we don't see her fight anyone yet she's there so guess it's very possible. I see what you mean, Skarlet's more of a spy for Kahn where as Ermac another enforcer both being controlled by his magic. Ermac we learn eventually gets freed from it though by Kenshi originally, now Ermac by default should be free since Kahn's dead. Skarlet who knows. I think she'll probably appear at least in the story if not playable.
NRS said she is Loyal to Shao Kahn, maybe she will indeed look for revenge and try to kill Quan Chi.

Or she will try to put the house in order while Mileena, Goro, Sheeva, Baraka and all Kahn's minions try to kill each other for the throne, i can see that happen. Until Kotal Shows up and takes everything.

MKF30

NRS said she is Loyal to Shao Kahn, maybe she will indeed look for revenge and try to kill Quan Chi.

Or she will try to put the house in order while Mileena, Goro, Sheeva, Baraka and all Kahn's minions try to kill each other for the throne, i can see that happen. Until Kotal Shows up and takes everything.
Maybe, very possible, though I'd say good luck with that since QC is no joke lol. But would be nice to see Skarlet get more action, maybe she'll be in the comic too never know ;) I bet you'd like that.

trufenix

bye felicia
Skarlett has the least personality and motivation of anyone in the series. Doesn't even have a soul. Maybe she'll ally herself with somebody else in Shao's busted family, but on her own she is absolutely nothing but a bloody hungry monster.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Skarlett has the least personality and motivation of anyone in the series. Doesn't even have a soul. Maybe she'll ally herself with somebody else in Shao's busted family, but on her own she is absolutely nothing but a bloody hungry monster.
Come on man, you're even typing her name wrong how do you expect me to believe in anything you said about her? I disagree lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
Come on man, you're even typing her name wrong how do you expect me to believe in anything you said about her? I disagree lol.
Based solely on what was presented in mk9, skarlet is a blood borne killing machine made by shao kahn. That's it. He keeps her chained up 90% of the time and she exhibits no personality or desires of her own besides blood and whatever he says. Mileena is made from Kitana and Baraka so she's a psychotic wannabe princess, the cyborgs retain their old souls, and even meat, ermac, and noob were once guys with actual motivations. Skarlet's a nobody. A neat character, but still nobody.

smile

Noob
Based solely on what was presented in mk9, skarlet is a blood borne killing machine made by shao kahn. That's it. He keeps her chained up 90% of the time and she exhibits no personality or desires of her own besides blood and whatever he says. Mileena is made from Kitana and Baraka so she's a psychotic wannabe princess, the cyborgs retain their old souls, and even meat, ermac, and noob were once guys with actual motivations. Skarlet's a nobody. A neat character, but still nobody.
I think skarlet being a nobody is actually a good thing. It means she is a clean slate and therefore nrs can do anything with her. It makes her involvement (or potential involvement) in mkx a bit more exciting since she's such a wild card. Also she does exhibit personality in her ladder ending when she goes off and kills quan in revenge for shao kahn death. Shows that she's loyal to him, but it is non-canon so take it with a grain of salt