What's new

Skarlet General Discussion Thread

what's the difference between boiling point and retch retribution? is there a meaningful difference? otherwise I don't see the point of picking boiling point tbh.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
what's the difference between boiling point and retch retribution? is there a meaningful difference? otherwise I don't see the point of picking boiling point tbh.
One is faster, less damage leaves opponent standing. - Retch
One is slower, more damage, knocks them down - Boiling Point

Malec

Noob
Could someone explain to me, why Skarlet has to spend 2 slots for blood flow, when Sheeva gets a much slower/better version of a projectile with all the other tools she gets with dragon stance for one slot?

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Could someone explain to me, why Skarlet has to spend 2 slots for blood flow, when Sheeva gets a much slower/better version of a projectile with all the other tools she gets with dragon stance for one slot?
By following your logic behind the question, there is no end. As world is unjust, so is realm of Mortal Kombat. The series of "why" is long, destructive and leads to emotional cancer. At some point, if you don't control it, it hunts you in your sleep. Take it from me, I spent last 10 years committed to this frenchise (I don't regret it) but it took me years to separate certain concerns and draw a line.

I apologize for not providing You the answer you seek, but seeing your post, just reminded me of my old self.

The moment you decide on a character, it's the moment you accept the state he is in. You may have wish for changes, but stay away from looking for answers, you will never be given answer, that will bring you peace.

Speaking of restands, while Red Mist gets mostly invalidated by Retch's existence, Red Mist's DoT works after getting hit or thrown now? Huh. It would have to do a lot more to be worth giving up the tentacle for, NRS...

Levaranoia

War God
Speaking of restands, while Red Mist gets mostly invalidated by Retch's existence, Red Mist's DoT works after getting hit or thrown now? Huh. It would have to do a lot more to be worth giving up the tentacle for, NRS...
I use red mist against characters that I can't zone against. I like using it against scorpions.

I use red mist against characters that I can't zone against. I like using it against scorpions.
I really wouldn't give up tentacle vs Scorpion, since it punishes full-screen spear fishing.

Edit: Unless you have retch/boiling, though their input while ducking is more annoying than the tentacle input.

Last edited:

Levaranoia

War God
I really wouldn't give up tentacle vs Scorpion, since it punishes full-screen spear fishing.

Edit: Unless you have retch/boiling, though their input while ducking is more annoying than the tentacle input.
I prefer to try and corner scorpions and melt their life bars with red mist restands and 44 pressure. I actually like to use BP or rr because it can catch a stand blocking scorpion. Also I don't think that you can punish a full screen spear with tentacle.

Stanlos

Noob
Has anyone experienced any difficulty cancelling f2 into Blood Tentacle? The button log says the right inputs were but the ball comes out instead.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Has anyone experienced any difficulty cancelling f2 into Blood Tentacle? The button log says the right inputs were but the ball comes out instead.
You are using input timing with default settings along with negative egde, try to adjust to "medium" or "short" to your own necessity.

Also note that while Retch generally lands easier than Boiling Point (most importantly, 44 xx Retch), it doesn't work with 212 212 44.
It is possible to combo boiling point after 212 212 44, the timing is just really tight. The second 212 needs to be performed as soon as possible after the first 212 and you need to delay the 44 a little bit. This can be a bit confusing to read it like this but I guarantee the combo works. But watchout, it's a risky but rewarding combo. If you manage to correctly perform the combo, you'll remove 35% to your opponent's health and will have a massive frame advantage for a fullscreen setup. From this place you can throw a blood ball very early and you'll have plenty of options to work with to start your zoning.

HOWEVER, I can only recommand to practice the combo a lot and if you are a new Skarlet player, I'd recommand Retch until you are comfortable enough with Skarlet to have the patience and the execution to perform this combo in difficult situations. Because if you perform 44 too early, you will be whiffed punished (yes even if the opponent is in a juggle state, the recovery of 44 on whiff is awfully long, and it still happens to me sometimes while I almost exclusively play Skarlet with boiling point since the V3 was released) and if you perform it too late, then boiling point will whiff, you probably won't get punished, but you'll lose your turn. Also since breakaway is a stupid mechanic, the opponent can breakaway punish between the 44 and boiling point but it also applies to Retch.

Once you'll get the timing right, you'll be able to tell during the 44 if you performed it too late and you'll be able to cancel into blood ball to keep your turn and if you see you got the timing right then you'll perform far boiling point.

Last edited:

Stanlos

Noob
I'd rather have 1 slot Blood Flow
THIS! Blood Flow is REALLY good and could work really well replacing Blood Ritual in the Heart Pierce kit or with two other customizations. It even affords opportunities to use BR as the opponents tend to go jump crazy trying to get in which would get you extra seconds to BR