What's new

Question Skarlet BnBs?

redeyes

Button Masher
WHat are some good Skarlet BnB combos? im going to attempt to pick her up as my secondary character. but im brain dead on some good combos with her. videos would but awesome but just simple inputs will be appreciated too!

thanks guys :D

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
WHat are some good Skarlet BnB combos? im going to attempt to pick her up as my secondary character. but im brain dead on some good combos with her. videos would but awesome but just simple inputs will be appreciated too!

thanks guys :D
You know, there are a lot of threads with Skarlet combos in them. Maybe you should spend 30 seconds looking instead of making a new post that demands everything spelled out for you again which has already been spelled out?

redeyes

Button Masher
You know, there are a lot of threads with Skarlet combos in them. Maybe you should spend 30 seconds looking instead of making a new post that demands everything spelled out for you again which has already been spelled out?
please take your trolling else where you are getting on my last nerve.

Ninj

please take your trolling else where you are getting on my last nerve.
....Are you trying to troll me? I'm serious...don't believe me? Go look at the Skarlet forum (the one you're postin on)

redeyes

Button Masher
....Are you trying to troll me? I'm serious...don't believe me? Go look at the Skarlet forum (the one you're postin on)
I looked through the threads and yes there are Skarlet Kombo threads. but im Looking for her BnB and from what ive seen i saw none. I am looking for just her basic kombo not a 70% combo or anything like that. Im just looking for basic midscreen Combo.

On another note ive seen you post negative replies on alot of threads. all i ask is stop being a dick when you reply people ask for help not smart ass remarks.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
2,1,2~d,f+1*, 2,3~d,f+3,b+2, 2,3~d,f+3,4. 39% of damage. Use 2,1,2 for punishing such moves as Kung Lao's spin and Reptile's elbow dash.

f+3,1~d,b+2, b+2~d,b+2, 2,3~d,f+3,f+2, dash quickly 2,3~d,f+3,4. 44% of damage. Use for punishing teleports.

Also learn to hit confirm AA daggers into small combos.

Ninj

I looked through the threads and yes there are Skarlet Kombo threads. but im Looking for her BnB and from what ive seen i saw none. I am looking for just her basic kombo not a 70% combo or anything like that. Im just looking for basic midscreen Combo.

On another note ive seen you post negative replies on alot of threads. all i ask is stop being a dick when you reply people ask for help not smart ass remarks.
The BnB's are shorter versions of those long combo's you're looking at.

You could call me a dick, I would say that I have a low tolerance for people unwilling to think for themselves.

By the way, her BnB's and array of combo's may very well be altered significantly in the next patch, so keep that in mind when learning her present combos.

spongebob

ಠ__ಠ
Normally this may apply but nowhere (or it would at least require more searching) is it easy to find a post with all of skarlet's combo's which are considered her bnb's. The combo threads contain a ton of different combos one with slide to upslash and ones without etc.

Seeing as it seems so few people play her I don't see whats wrong with this thread. I myself had a hard time finding what people considered her bnb's and didn't want to even bother trying to learn slide to upslash seeing as it will be patched out.

If you there are some reliable bnb's you have with her that won't be patched out then please post them here or link us to them.

Ninj

Normally this may apply but nowhere (or it would at least require more searching) is it easy to find a post with all of skarlet's combo's which are considered her bnb's. The combo threads contain a ton of different combos one with slide to upslash and ones without etc.

Seeing as it seems so few people play her I don't see whats wrong with this thread. I myself had a hard time finding what people considered her bnb's and didn't want to even bother trying to learn slide to upslash seeing as it will be patched out.

If you there are some reliable bnb's you have with her that won't be patched out then please post them here or link us to them.
I'll post what I believe will be post-patch BnB's after the patch. Everything depends on how long they delay her dagger cancel. Before the patch, like I said before, her BnB's can be seen in every video. Those 50%+ 1meter combos you see? They begin as BnB's and continue on with a dashslash / dash EXslash

sad

Banned
I am below average player and play mainly online. One easy 29 % no-bar combo is: f+31, db2, df+3 ~ b+4, dash, f43.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I'll post what I believe will be post-patch BnB's after the patch. Everything depends on how long they delay her dagger cancel. Before the patch, like I said before, her BnB's can be seen in every video. Those 50%+ 1meter combos you see? They begin as BnB's and continue on with a dashslash / dash EXslash
not all of the are BnB's... I think Bryan is looking for things that are quick (for frame trap stopping or spin/dash punish) and then main punishers. Some of those "long combo's" start and or end with a punishable string. A BnB is something you can throw out there with the least amount of worry if it is blocked.
in any case...

Ninj

not all of the are BnB's... I think Bryan is looking for things that are quick (for frame trap stopping or spin/dash punish) and then main punishers. Some of those "long combo's" start and or end with a punishable string. A BnB is something you can throw out there with the least amount of worry if it is blocked.
in any case...
Hmm fair enough. I did throw out some new combo videos here http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?11292-Some-more-fun-with-Skarlet

My advice is to always follow your strings with df3 4 (and choose the following): df2 (safer, may lead to juggle) db2 (less safe, can catch opponent trying to jump away or downblocking)

Learn to incorporate 112 resets into your typical air juggle BnB's. 212 daggercancel xx dash (insert rest of combo here - watch videos, they should give you insight)

Ninj

does she have any safe strings??? geez.
Her strings aren't designed to end safely - the incorporation of her specials are what make them safe. That said, I'm sure some of her strings are indeed safe, but there's no real reason to not end with a red dash at the very least.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
my preferred BnB that i've never really seen anyone use and won't be affected by the next patch:

b11f4 df3 df2 dash b11f4 df3 df2 dash uppercut. easy, simple, 35%. you can modify it for oki options or x-ray options by doing things like...

b11f4 df3 df2 dash b113 to wind up directly on top of the opponent for mix ups

b11f4 df3 df2 dash b11f4 df3 df2 dash 43 to push em away

etc ^_^

Ninj

my preferred BnB that i've never really seen anyone use and won't be affected by the next patch:

b11f4 df3 df2 dash b11f4 df3 df2 dash uppercut. easy, simple, 35%. you can modify it for oki options or x-ray options by doing things like...

b11f4 df3 df2 dash b113 to wind up directly on top of the opponent for mix ups

b11f4 df3 df2 dash b11f4 df3 df2 dash 43 to push em away

etc ^_^
These may be affected by the patch. We still don't know if dashslashing (df3 to df2/db2) or slideslashing (df34 to df2/db2) will be removed.

We also, at this point, don't know if there will be delay added to her dagger cancel. If so, this may affect a very large part of her spectrum of combo potential.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
there's absolutely no reason dash slashing should be removed, though slideslashing has been confirmed as an accidental feature of hers and will likely go. the bnb doesn't feature slideslashing or dagger gimmicks.

Ninj

there's absolutely no reason dash slashing should be removed, though slideslashing has been confirmed as an accidental feature of hers and will likely go. the bnb doesn't feature slideslashing or dagger gimmicks.
"Dagger gimmicks" are instrumental to a high majority of her big-damage combos.

They've confirmed slideslashing wasn't intended, but I've also heard that due to the way it's programmed they can't remove it. We just have to wait and see (if they ever release the patch)

Drayn0

Noob
b1,1 df2 dash xx 2,3 df2 dash xx 1,1,2 red dash. 31% I believe and rlly easy once you get the timing down. Also leads grounds the opponent and gives you mix up opportunities. I have a few others that use dagger cancel but I'm not sure how possible those will be after the next patch