What's new

Skarlet Aftermath Review

If you can't armor break after 212 press 1 before the full recovery of 212 and then bf3, it seemed a lot easier to execute when I felt I was special cancelling a "fake" s1. And when you understand the correct timing to catch a breaking opponent off a 212, try to perform it without the 1. I just have better execution when inputting a bf special move when I am using it as a special cancel, so maybe this can help you.

Now I also understand why they buffed the s3, there will be A LOT of players that will just miss the input and s3 a breaking opponent. Pre patch doing this would be a guaranteed punish for the breaking opponent. I'll take it because I was starting to use the s3 in my gameplan and now it's even better.

I still don't know if Skarlet's armor breaker is good, decent or bad. I changed my mind many times about it. It's probably just decent.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If you can't armor break after 212 press 1 before the full recovery of 212 and then bf3, it seemed a lot easier to execute when I felt I was special cancelling a "fake" s1. And when you understand the correct timing to catch a breaking opponent off a 212, try to perform it without the 1. I just have better execution when inputting a bf special move when I am using it as a special cancel, so maybe this can help you.

Now I also understand why they buffed the s3, there will be A LOT of players that will just miss the input and s3 a breaking opponent. Pre patch doing this would be a guaranteed punish for the breaking opponent. I'll take it because I was starting to use the s3 in my gameplan and now it's even better.

I still don't know if Skarlet's armor breaker is good, decent or bad. I changed my mind many times about it. It's probably just decent.
Clearly not the best, obviously not the worst either.

It has already been patched but I discovered that the time interactable on Kronika's keep had a weird interaction with boiling point. If you were using non-launching moves and connected boiling point at the very end of the time freeze, the animation of the boiling point would continue as normal while Skarlet was free to move, and you could use boiling point as a combo extender.

But now it just cancels the boiling point, so don't use it.
I'm still working on the time interactables combos