What's new

Six attack buttons AND a block button?

So the whole 'back to block vs button to block' debate has been going on for a long time, and recently I was thinking about the various fighting game series that have button block.

And I realised that, with the exception of MK (which has four), practically all of them have only two or three attack buttons.

What I'm wondering is... has there been a fighting game which combines Street Fighter's six attack buttons with a button to block as well? There's no reason such a game couldn't work, and it seems odd that no one would have done it. :/

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I don't know of any game that has that, and I don't think it would go over well.

The 6-button classic arcade layout is enough of a paradigm that pretty much all FGs can be played with 6 (IGAU uses button combinations to get around this). A lot of people have 6-button sticks too even if they are the minority, and they would have to buy a new stick and adapt to 8 buttons.

Mst

Noob
I like 6 Buttons for Fighting games 4 Attack + Block/MB + Interactables/Stance/Run or SF Style 6 Attack Buttons (or in Injustice Case Trait button).

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
6 buttons (not including block) is too many to also have a block button, seems like it would just make the game awkward or difficult to play