What's new

Strategy Situational Wakeup Slash works

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Hey, we all know Skarlet has this little problem, after she get knocked down, some dudes jump to chip her during the recovery, they do so because they know up slash and down slash sucks to counter any jip and if we Red Dash it will go right though them.

So then Smith knows this and he was jumping me with a kick everytime after a breaker to be on advantage. Until Today.

I decided to throw some upslashes on the wakeup to catch him on the land.

Since every wakeup attack as 11 invincibility frames Skarlet Up Slash keep them steady on air and slash at will before they land with meter is pretty much safe and much faster.

With this jips after a knock down are officially over, whoever be crazy enough to do it, will invite a full punish with a reset plus chip damage.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
That's what I said on the wake up question previewsly isn't it ? :eek:

I think ex-slash is very good as wake up if the opponent is rushing you down. I did a skarlet mirror and I've noticed that ex-downslash wake up just rapped a red dash downslash anti wake up.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
That's what I said on the wake up question previewsly isn't it ? :eek:

I think ex-slash is very good as wake up if the opponent is rushing you down. I did a skarlet mirror and I've noticed that ex-downslash wake up just rapped a red dash downslash anti wake up.
As Rushdown it can be baited and is a bit dangerous, i prefer EX Dash on the wakeup, also if they decide to bait it, they just going to submit to more pressure, because this makes me fuels her meter in any possible way.

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
Hey, we all know Skarlet has this little problem, after she get knocked down, some dudes jump to chip her during the recovery, they do so because they know up slash and down slash sucks to counter any jip and if we Red Dash it will go right though them.

So then Smith knows this and he was jumping me with a kick everytime after a breaker to be on advantage. Until Today.

I decided to throw some upslashes on the wakeup to catch him on the land.

Since every wakeup attack as 11 invincibility frames Skarlet Up Slash keep them steady on air and slash at will before they land with meter is pretty much safe and much faster.

With this jips after a knock down are officially over, whoever be crazy enough to do it, will invite a full punish with a reset plus chip damage.
so do ex upslash or regular slash on wakeup to stop them from rushing you? My clan mate does the jip rushdown on my skarlet with jax cause he knows to jump out the way on red dash wake ups so he jumps at me to stop that option for me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
so do ex upslash or regular slash on wakeup to stop them from rushing you? My clan mate does the jip rushdown on my skarlet with jax cause he knows to jump out the way on red dash wake ups so he jumps at me to stop that option for me.
If he jump too early the Wakeup he will be stuck on invencibility frames, if he jumps too late, you can NJP him once you're up

Khaotic_xShangx

Fear the Skulls
If he jump too early the Wakeup he will be stuck on invencibility frames, if he jumps too late, you can NJP him once you're up
ok then...he always jumps early so i will work this in a bit...slow that jax down cause once i get him in dagger setups, he doesnt know what to do to get out. He tries to poke every now and then and gets blown up for it. I love this woman more than any other.

i attempt this and works most times, so i love this thread. but my only question is the corner. when should you attempt upslash on wakeup, since most just jump over you on wakeup, and the game has bad auto corrects. or should i just wakeup ex slide?