What's new

Breakthrough Sinestro's new low starter and reset!!!

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Against Solomon Grundy after a d3-trait is blocked you have enough time to punish a reversal pain chain with either b2 or d3 and if he does walking corpse you can jump it on command. I will continue to find out what other potential this has.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok, I took arguably two of Sinestro's worst match ups in the lab Aquaman and Killer Frost and got some promising results..

Aquaman: After d3-trait is blocked you can punish all of his reversals with 111-shackles. You can also block his super move too. This not only takes away his wake up attacks but it has now made him hesitant to reversal punish your blocked trait allowing you to mix-up pressure.

Killer Frost: After d3-trait is blocked you can punish projectile daggers, low ice spike and flash freeze grab reversals with 111-shackles. You can punish her parry reversal with another d3 and you can stuff her slide reversal with d1-shackles, you can also block her super. Again this takes away her wake up attacks and makes her hesitant to reversal punish the blocked trait allowing you to mix-up pressure.

Of course only very skilled players will be able to consistently perform reversals after the blocked trait so you should be able to pressure with the mix-up most off the time. This can also block Superman's super move so you know its pretty safe.

Remember if the opponent doesn't block the trait after the d3 you get the 25% reset combo.

I think these match ups may have gotten just a little bit easier.
Pig Of The Hut
legion666
LEGEND
Vulcan Hades

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
You need to make an addition of how is it even possible to setup trait against Killer Frost and not die.
Ya against her you can really only charge trait after shackles. What works for me is after b213 I find that alot kf like to roll tech then slide. After the b213 charge trait to bait the roll tech slide, then shackles, then continue to charge trait. You can get nearly a full bar off of this.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
I took the corner combo that LEGEND did and applied it to this. Corner only: d3 7%-(trait not blocked reset)-d1-d1-d1-112-shackles-j2-22d2-27%=34% and it leaves the opponent in the corner in a hard knockdown state.

I find many players will give up another d3 if the trait is blocked after the first d3. This now makes them want to block low to prevent the follow up d3 giving up the b2-11-shackles combo. Of course, if you have more trait you could always finish with the 3-arachnid-trait combo for big damage if you need the knockout score.