What's new

Breakthrough Sinestro's new low starter and reset!!!

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Ok, I am sure most of you know that Sinestro has no low starters, but I just foung a very consistent low starter off his d3. Technically this can be blocked but if you land a d3 and the opponent is not blocking (counter attack) you can land this. After a successful d3 you can link in a trait then d2-b1-shackles not only is this a low starter but it is also a reset. When the trait hits after the d3 it starts a new combo. EX: (d3-trait-d2-b1-shackles-b3-j3-b213-25%) This combo technically starts at trait so while it says 25% it is really 32%. You can also use trait to protect your blocked d3 and if the opponent tries to punish it they eat a full combo. If the opponent blocks the trait it will take away their wake up attack and allow you to mix-up pressure.

Whats really great about d3 is that it is not subjected to hit decay; meaning that it doesn't matter if you hit d3 to start a combo or to finish a long combo it will always have the same properties.

This allows Sinestro to add 25% damage to any of his combos as long as he has trait. Think of PIGS reset....EX: (b3-j3-b12-shackles-j2-d3-31%/trait-d2-b1-shackles-b3-j3-b213-25%=56%) Anytime you finish a combo with d3 and you have trait you can get the 25% combo, or you can link this over and over again until you run out of trait. If they block the trait immediately go into the grab, b2, d3 mix-up.

I didn't see any legit follow ups after a d3 other than the hard knockdown follow ups. This now allows Sinestro to either take away their wake up attack (blocked trait) and go into a mix-up or continue to combo after a d3. I also didn't see any combos after a d3 now we have one.

BOOM!!!!!!! The @Sinestro Core will rise to make him feared by all.....HAHAHA...HAHAHAHAHAHA...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Pig Of The Hut
LEGEND
Under_The_Mayo
legion666

Great find, my man. I actually spent an hour or so today trying to get D3-Trait to link into a special, never occurred to me to try a normal.

You've finally given people a reason to block low against Sinestro.

Not only that but you've now added a possible mix up to Pig's original reset: D1, B2 to force the high block can also turn into D1, D3 to force the low block. Or as you said, you can just forego the D1 entirely and get a guaranteed 25%.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Great find, my man. I actually spent an hour or so today trying to get D3-Trait to link into a special, never occurred to me to try a normal.

You've finally given people a reason to block low against Sinestro.

Not only that but you've now added a possible mix up to Pig's original reset: D1, B2 to force the high block can also turn into D1, D3 to force the low block. Or as you said, you can just forego the D1 entirely and get a guaranteed 25%.
I didn't even think of the mix-up with PIGS reset.....ah man Sinestro is getting so raw.

Complete usage of trait with no meter (brace yourself this is going to get dirty).......(b3-j3-b12-shackles-j2-d3-trait-d2-b1-shackles-j2-d3-trait-d2-b1-shackles-j2-d3-trait-d2-b1-shackles-b3-j3-b213-92%)

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
D3 doesn't true combo into the trait? It should be blockable then
It is technically blockable but if you landed a d3 and the opponent is not blocking the trait hits so quickly after it that you can usually land it. Not only that but if they try to punish a blocked d3 they eat a combo guaranteed.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
"and the bead of sweat drips off his glasses and onto his keyboard"
I actually use my ps3 and no not really. I explained that it is blockable but the opponent may not be blocking. You can set this up for example: lets say your fighting The Joker and you crouch under his gun shot or AA gas container. You can now do this because he will most likely not be blocking.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I actually use my ps3 and no not really. I explained that it is blockable but the opponent may not be blocking. You can set this up for example: lets say your fighting The Joker and you crouch under his gun shot or AA gas container. You can now do this because he will most likely not be blocking.

wait what? how is this replying to me? i was replying to kt's scared sounding question lol

Warning, theory fighter incoming:

We can now do J2, B13, B3, J3, B12, Shackles, D3, Trait, D2, B1, Shackles, B3, J3, B213 for 65% damage (though the counter will only register 58%) the cost of this is 1 bar of trait and no meter.

You can do B3, J3 B12, Shackles, J2, D3, Trait, D2, B1, Shackles, J2, D3, Trait, D2, B1, Shackles, J2, D3, Trait, D2, B1, Shackles, B3, J3, B213 for 92% damage and this only costs 3 bars of trait and no meter.

The opponent can block the trait shot even if D3 hits, but a blocked trait is what? +20? Makes this a safe and viable tactic. Especially when most players upon seeing the character get hit with a D3, will try and mash out their wakeup attack or tech roll.

At a higher level, once this gets out and get used, people will figure out that you can just block the trait even if they got hit with the D3. The trouble with doing that, is we can just "forget" to use trait and let them take the knockdown, they'll be too busy holding block that they'll miss the timing for wake up attacks, meanwhile, Sinestro can use the time to set up for the Axe of terror cross-up tech that got discovered a while ago. Way I see it, this is just another option to use.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Warning, theory fighter incoming:

We can now do J2, B13, B3, J3, B12, Shackles, D3, Trait, D2, B1, Shackles, B3, J3, B213 for 65% damage (though the counter will only register 58%) the cost of this is 1 bar of trait and no meter.

You can do B3, J3 B12, Shackles, J2, D3, Trait, D2, B1, Shackles, J2, D3, Trait, D2, B1, Shackles, J2, D3, Trait, D2, B1, Shackles, B3, J3, B213 for 92% damage and this only costs 3 bars of trait and no meter.

T
he opponent can block the trait shot even if D3 hits, but a blocked trait is what? +20? Makes this a safe and viable tactic. Especially when most players upon seeing the character get hit with a D3, will try and mash out their wakeup attack or tech roll.

At a higher level, once this gets out and get used, people will figure out that you can just block the trait even if they got hit with the D3. The trouble with doing that, is we can just "forget" to use trait and let them take the knockdown, they'll be too busy holding block that they'll miss the timing for wake up attacks, meanwhile, Sinestro can use the time to set up for the Axe of terror cross-up tech that got discovered a while ago. Way I see it, this is just another option to use.
I updated the original post. Go check it out.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
When the opponent blocks the trait after a d3 it puts them in the safe range of b2. If the opponent blocks the trait you can make the b2 safe by doing b21. The 1 in the b21 is a low and if the opponent doesn't block it you can combo. EX: d3-(trait-b2-blocked)-1-trait-shackles-j2-b213-26%

You can also go into PIGS reset.

I updated the original post. Go check it out.
When the trait is blocked after successful d3 you are not at +20, you are actually have several frames of recovery from d3, if you do trait at the last possible moment and they block you can barely stick a d1 in there (I checked it on Lex doing his Corpus Charge as a reversal attack) So if there is an advantage it is really small. Again I am not trying to discredit your work JHCRANE 14 , but I even tagged you in a thread about this a while ago, even Pig and Mayo reacted to it here (the second video called OTG) - http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/some-more-resets.32200/

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
When the trait is blocked after successful d3 you are not at +20, you are actually have several frames of recovery from d3, if you do trait at the last possible moment and they block you can barely stick a d1 in there (I checked it on Lex doing his Corpus Charge as a reversal attack) So if there is an advantage it is really small. Again I am not trying to discredit your work JHCRANE 14 , but I even tagged you in a thread about this a while ago, even Pig and Mayo reacted to it here (the second video called OTG) - http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/some-more-resets.32200/
I remember that thread; I never said it was +20 that was someone else I'm not really sure what it is. I was just expanding on what was there. If the opponent doesn't block then we have a legit combo after that. If you hit trait later in the d3 it leaves both characters close to even and against characters with powerful wake up attacks like Doomsday and Grundy this could be a valid strategy. I was pretty much elaborating on the work you already did. Thanks.

I remember that thread; I never said it was +20 that was someone else I'm not really sure what it is. I was just expanding on what was there. If the opponent doesn't block then we have a legit combo after that. If you hit trait later in the d3 it leaves both characters close to even and against characters with powerful wake up attacks like Doomsday and Grundy this could be a valid strategy. I was pretty much elaborating on the work you already did. Thanks.
Now when you tagged me here:)yeah, i meant to reply to the person you were replying to with that post:)Sorry if I sounded disrespectful, it was just strange for me that no one really saw potential in this back than. I love to discuss and develop tech together,just wasn't sure if you were aware of the previous thread. But swifttomhanks is right the name of the thread is misleading a bit, I was expecting completely new nonsense for Thal

Aaaawwww, so it's blockable? I thought for a second this was similar to Smoke's OTG reset which would've made Sinestro clearly OP lol.

If Sinestro is +1 or +0 after D3 xx trait on block then this could have potential.. but otherwise I think it's basically a gimmick that is only going to work on people who aren't aware of it (aka people who didn't read this thread. aka not me :D).

Then again I guess you could find some ways to mix it up with a late trait or something.

JHCRANE 14

GO VOLS!!!
Aaaawwww, so it's blockable? I thought for a second this was similar to Smoke's OTG reset which would've made Sinestro clearly OP lol.

If Sinestro is +1 or +0 after D3 xx trait on block then this could have potential.. but otherwise I think it's basically a gimmick that is only going to work on people who aren't aware of it (aka people who didn't read this thread. aka not me :D).

Then again I guess you could find some ways to mix it up with a late trait or something.
I just went to the lab and you can block a Superman super move reversal after (d3-trait-blocked). So if you can block that then it's pretty damn safe.