What's new

Video/Tutorial Sinestros Guaranteed and Non Guaranteed Reset Vids

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
So, after learning how to do these resets I decided to make a visual example to showcase em. The first vid is the non guaranteed one that does more damage and relies on the opponent ducking in response to a d1. The second one assumes the opponent blocks and can counter with a MB arachnid and a trait to make the MB part of arachnid always hit.

This one relies on the opponent ducking in reaction to d1, this is not guaranteed but is very beefy.
Basically j2,d1,b2 is the main part

This one assumed they block and you punish with MB arachnid with trait. The kicker here is that you can use another trait to put them back into shackles from about miscreen and do another combo. This is great
Basically j2,d1,b2,df2(MB with 4) is the main part. Remember that Df2 will hit mid on tues with the patch(Along with some other amazing stuff)

Don't know if any examples have been posted of this, so here y'all go.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
So are these guaranteed resets? As in, there is no escape? cos im pretty sure i just found one that has zero escape.

So are these guaranteed resets? As in, there is no escape? cos im pretty sure i just found one that has zero escape.
I'm interested to know too. By what i've gathered, I think it works like this: For it to be guaranteed he needs his trait active
After the shackles, he gets a free ji2, d1- then you have to guess if he hes gonna go high or low. If you block correctly, he covers his ass by hitting you with the trait into the unblockable MB arachnid making the arachnid guaranteed. If he doesn;t have his trait though and you block correctly, you are able to crouch the arachnid since it hits high and punish him. However, they changed the arachnid to hit mid, so I suppose this means it will now hit crouching opponents. If you dont block correctly, I'm guessing he'll put you into another combo/reset situation off of his low or overhead.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
I'm interested to know too. By what i've gathered, I think it works like this: For it to be guaranteed he needs his trait active
After the shackles, he gets a free ji2, d1- then you have to guess if he hes gonna go high or low. If you block correctly, he covers his ass by hitting you with the trait into the unblockable MB arachnid making the arachnid guaranteed. If he doesn;t have his trait though and you block correctly, you are able to crouch the arachnid since it hits high and punish him. However, they changed the arachnid to hit mid, so I suppose this means it will now hit crouching opponents. If you dont block correctly, I'm guessing he'll put you into another combo/reset situation off of his low or overhead.
This is similar to what i had in mind, except you would need possibly 3 x trait. the second one is to use in between the 2 hits of MB Arachnid. cos characters can interupt before the 2nd hit comes out. The third is to combo back into shackles.

From my limited testing, it seems you cant throw out a trait in the middle of a MB Arachnid.

ApertureBlack

The first video is not guaranteed, it relies on the opponent reacting to the d1 by ducking, and since d1 is +14 you can b2 into whatever if it lands.

The second vid is a guaranteed one, instead of relying on your opponent to mess up, assume he will block high and follow through with b2,arachnid. Right before you meter burn the arachnid shoot 1 trait shot and he will be in block stun long enough to guarantee the unblockables projectile. And since arachnid is a mid now you cannot avoid this reset.

I hoped the guaranteed section was using my midscreen reset #666.2 http://testyourmight.com/threads/sinestros-possible-midscreen-reset.32068/ cause I can't combo it myself like 8/10 times:) and recording it like that is a pain in the ass for me
While that is interesting, I cannot seem to do it consistently enough for it to be of use to me, maybe others can idk.

TONY-T

Mad scientist
The first video is not guaranteed, it relies on the opponent reacting to the d1 by ducking, and since d1 is +14 you can b2 into whatever if it lands.

The second vid is a guaranteed one, instead of relying on your opponent to mess up, assume he will block high and follow through with b2,arachnid. Right before you meter burn the arachnid shoot 1 trait shot and he will be in block stun long enough to guarantee the unblockables projectile. And since arachnid is a mid now you cannot avoid this reset.

While that is interesting, I cannot seem to do it consistently enough for it to be of use to me, maybe others can idk.
Thanks, good info. Thinking about picking this character up.

ApertureBlack

Thanks, good info. Thinking about picking this character up.
I started playing him last week, really fun with the trait management, he feels much more technical and strategic compared to a lot of others. This is coming from a previous Grundy player...

TONY-T

Mad scientist

just watched your 2nd vid. Can you not use a 2nd trait shot after the final MB Arachnid and put them back into shackles?

ApertureBlack

just watched your 2nd vid. Can you not use a 2nd trait shot after the final MB Arachnid and put them back into shackles?
I Honestly don't know, but I wouldn't see why you couldn't if you timed the trait correctly.

Edit: Just tested it, it works but the timing is very strict and it puts them at weird spots. Like sometimes close and sometimes really far depending on your timing of trait.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
Wow, this whole time I thought his reset was an actual reset into a new combo. This is just an unlockable extra hit with no scaling.

Unless I'm missing something huge, why are we calling this a reset?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ApertureBlack

Wow, this whole time I thought his reset was an actual reset into a new combo. This is just an unlockable extra hit with no scaling.

Because it can lead into another shackles with proper timing of trait, which leads to another combo...
Something of which I do not have the proper timing to do so.

legion666
Mind posting that reset video here?

TONY-T

Mad scientist
Because it can lead into another shackles with proper timing of trait, which leads to another combo...
Something of which I do not have the proper timing to do so.

legion666
Mind posting that reset video here?
Ill start practicing it tomorrow. Their should be some good damage to be had..

I'll try. But it's driving me crazy trying to record it on my I pad camera. And in practice record mode it's hard to do without anyone to block at the proper time. I did it once blocking on the player 2 pad with my foot:)My girlfriend isn't really fond of helping me in such things:)

ApertureBlack

I'll try. But it's driving me crazy trying to record it on my I pad camera. And in practice record mode it's hard to do without anyone to block at the proper time. I did it once blocking on the player 2 pad with my foot:)My girlfriend isn't really fond of helping me in such things:)
I usually record them to block after like 5 seconds

I usually record them to block after like 5 seconds
I will try that. But as I said I am not very consistent with it mid combo and would rather do it in therecord mode than record a shit load of worthless try outs:)I will try to do the corner one first, cause I am almost consistent with that now

ApertureBlack

Thank ya kindly legion, stuff like that is what I mean by the reset, and the midscreen version is damn hard...

But its ok, cause Sinestro is basically the best zoner in the game now so putting them at full screen is also a plus.

This is my old video from the previous threads! If I have anytime soon I will record actual combos leading in these resets and continuing them.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Basically At the end of a combo if u block high you're GUARENTEED to take 15% added

If u block low u will get hit for 44% (1 trait ) lol or another 27% combo or a 38% combo ending w same potential extra added damage situation all over again