What's new

Tech Sinestro Mini Vortex (Trait required)

Hi there,

I was reading through the Sinestro forums and I don't believe this has been mentioned. What is required is his trait, the more shots the better. What you would do is any normal combo that leads into his shackles and end with ji2 , d1 (e.g. b13, b3, ji3, 22xx shackles, ji2, d1)

This leaves you at +14 on hit and close enough for the vortex. The options from here are then either a low combo, d3 which comes out at i14. Or b2 which is a overhead and again comes out at i14.

D3 combo starter: d3, 4 , d2, b1xx shackles, ji2, d1 back to vortex. The timing is abit difficult at first but once you get it down, it is possible. You need to delay the trait enough for the d3 to recover so you can do the d2, but before the opponents back fully hits the ground. You also need to slightly delay the b1 after the d2 for it to connect.

B2 combo starter: b21, (delay) 4, b3, ji3, b1xx shackles, ji2, d1 back to vortex.

Anyhow hope this helps, I'm sure you guys will be able to improve on this and if it has already been mentioned elsewhere, please feel free to delete/close. :)

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hi there,

I was reading through the Sinestro forums and I don't believe this has been mentioned. What is required is his trait, the more shots the better. What you would do is any normal combo that leads into his shackles and end with ji2 , d1 (e.g. b13, b3, ji3, 22xx shackles, ji2, d1)

This leaves you at +14 on hit and close enough for the vortex. The options from here are then either a low combo, d3 which comes out at i14. Or b2 which is a overhead and again comes out at i14.

D3 combo starter: d3, 4 , d2, b1xx shackles, ji2, d1 back to vortex. The timing is abit difficult at first but once you get it down, it is possible. You need to delay the trait enough for the d3 to recover so you can do the d2, but before the opponents back fully hits the ground. You also need to slightly delay the b1 after the d2 for it to connect.

B2 combo starter: b21, (delay) 4, b3, ji3, b1xx shackles, ji2, d1 back to vortex.

Anyhow hope this helps, I'm sure you guys will be able to improve on this and if it has already been mentioned elsewhere, please feel free to delete/close. :)
Jesus Christ it's like we found this on same day

Ill post in detail what I found tomorrow that is sort of related

If u don't mind ill include all this in my video and obvious credit
Great post

ya i figured this out almost a week ago. i try to keep stuff like this off forums though it inevitably finds its way. i am in the business of winning. top players read these forums and any tech i can keep secret can only help in offline tourney play. its a mute point in this day and age though lol

good stuff though guys.

Jesus Christ it's like we found this on same day

Ill post in detail what I found tomorrow that is sort of related

If u don't mind ill include all this in my video and obvious credit
Great post
Yeah sure sounds good, thank you. Might also be worth mentioning that the D3 combo starter shows the damage at 16%. For some reason it doesn't include the d3 as part of the combo? When adding that in it comes out at 23% which isn't too bad. I'm sure there will be ways of fleshing this out though.

EDIT: I'm trying to do the d3 combo in training again now and the computer keeps blocking the trait? I've got the cpu set on auto block, it seemed to work fine before. No idea whats going on. Oh well, may have to delete this after all -_-

Fromundaman

I write too much.
You can actually start a vortex directly off of Shackles as well.

I've been messing with shackles resets recently and on top of the D3>trait setup (Which thank god we have that since it actually makes people need to crouch block our resets when we have trait), you can do a delayed ji2>B2>11>shackles (If you time it right, they actually don't appear to come out of shackles at all but the combo counter resets. I haven't tried it against auto block and I assume it can be blocked, but they never come out of shackle animation so I've had a lot of people fall for it thinking it was still the same combo), walk forward F3 (Which should hit as soon as they come out of shackles and if blocked it appears to have enough blockstun for you to walk up and grab) as well as left-right mixups as soon as they come out of shackles with ji3>d2>22>shackles if you crossed up or ji3>d2>boulder or fear blast if you didn't (Note: I'm almost certain you can cancel d2 into those moves since you can on raw d2s, but I can't seem to get the timing for it after a ji3 down.).
With trait both ji3 variants can be extended into full combos, as can resets off of d3 or if you want to act like you're doing a crossup ji3 but stop before crossing up with axe of terror, that can also work if you have trait.

I personally love resets off of shackles since the opponent's only option is to block correctly and if they fail to do so it just combos right back into another shackles reset. Assuming they push block or clash you, you're back in a good position and they have to attempt to get back in on you.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Ah well crap. Saw the person above me post it so I didn't test it. Lame...

So there's no way for us to do an immediate low that goes into a combo is there? Have to go through B2>1 or F2>D1?