What's new

Sindel Zoning Guide

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Ok so the purpose of this is to help Sindel players to understand the zoning capabilities and tactics possible with Sindel.

Ok this picture is to illustrate the amount of screen she can cover with her fireballs. This is important as it shows how well she can control space with her fireballs.

Types of Fireballs:
Standard df1
Low df3
IAF long udf1
IAF short udf3

Now yes you can just throw fireballs like a madman however this will NOT work againts a good player.

To utilize Sindels zoning you must make reads and mixup her use of the fireball.
Now in mixing up her fireballs you must learn and have an understanding of flight and flight cancel

Flight is DDU (cancelled with block)

Now you can utilize the flight cancel for IAFs (DDU DF1or3)

Use the different variations of Fireball and add in flight cancels to create mixups with zoning.
I.E. you do three flight cancel IAFs in a row then Flight Cancel into a low fireball.

Make sure you vary the timing of of the fireballs and the distance of IAFs try and read your characters movements and adjust accordingly.

This is just the beginning of the INFO, i will be adding more.
Also, anyone who has more to add to this pleasse post up as this is just the Fireball zoning to give people a start.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Good stuff.

I use Instant Flight Air Fireballs (iFAFB lol) a lot and against characters who can punish your air fireballs like Kano and Kung Lao. Simply doing a flight cancel to block is good bait after a flurry of spam.

I also use flight cancels whenever I can to build meter.

I wish that Sindel had two versions of her EX air fireball:
* EX with 1+Block does a horizontal and far air fireball
* EX with 3+Block does a far and close air fireball

She REALLY needs a horizontal air fireball IMO.

Good info.

I have a few things to add for later or whenever:

-low jump fbs are really good and unexpected if used not so often.
-low ex fb is great because of it's knockdown. It gives you way more than enough time to follow up.
-Easy fb combos just to get people away are: 4,4, fb. or you can use 2,1 low ex fb. Their are more advanced ones but these are just easy ones to use in tight situations.
-low ex fb can destroy most character's wake up game if you time it right. The same can be said about a jump ex fireball against a waking up opponent.
-fb works well after a jump kick or neutral jump punch just to push someone back.

Husteen

Noob.
i like that "fireball diagram."
notice the blind spot at the top left where the opponent is safe from spitballs ^.^

CaliJokerstyle

Dies A Lot
Watch REO play Kabal or me or Dan or Delriach play Sindel then you will see how zoning exists.

BTW the full zone maps will be up soon i have had a crazy past few weeks with work and family but it has settled down.