What's new

Sindel Rushdown!

Yes, obviously Sindel was created to zone like a mad woman, however, I have found a lot of success using rush down tactics. It's somewhat difficult considering a lot of her moves cause distance between the characters to enable Sindel to zone BUT, if you incorporate aggressive style play you will really throw off your opponent. For example:
If I land a jump punch, 1+1+1, I immediately go into 2, 1, enhanced hair whip. Then, it's a gamble, but I typically go right into B+3, F+2 juggle.
Also, I have found dashing in with a D+4, DF+4 allows you to get in and apply pressure plus you appear fast.
And for blocked teleports (Mileena, Scorpion, Kano) as opposed to punishing with B+2, 4, air fire ball (yes, Dan, I'm looking at...errr...typing to you) wait just a second and go into the B+3, F+2 juggle.
Just some ideas for a different approach to using Sindel.

Here's a few things I do with Sindel. I don't use her all that much, so take it with a grain of salt.

B3 Levitate cancel dash throw, mixed in with B3 Low fireball. Levi can be used for everything below as well.
1, 11, 111 mixed in with D1, low Fireball, DF4, at different intervals, and 11B24 Fireball
44 D1, especially at the start of the round.
Her sweep is fast and lowers her hit box quite a bit.
I personally only use 21 after a jump in, the mix up game for that is self explanatory. If you're fast and the jump in hits 2 can be canceled into en Scream.
U4 is risky, but since she moves to the side it can beat some things the opponent might counter with.

Sindel in hair whip range has some decent options... especially following a hair whip.
EX low fireball can beat out many wake-ups, she is still in range to do a follow up hair whip, or is also in range for b3, f2 and its variations described above. Can also grab an opponent out of wake up with her x-ray from that range.

That said I would still pick my places to get up in someones face.... particularly against characters with poor wake up options. But yes switching it up mid match can have its benefits.

Well, I wouldn't really call it good rushdown, a lot of her combos are very situational and rely on good timing and patience. If you miss even 1 move with her your pretty much subjected to heavy punishment.

Sindel really has no safe moves so when your throwing things out you have to be sure it will either hit or you can recover if it's blocked, hence why people use fireball a lot. The thing is most people are not experienced with the Sindel match up and we get away with a lot of stuff that we shouldn't.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Yes, obviously Sindel was created to zone like a mad woman, however, I have found a lot of success using rush down tactics. It's somewhat difficult considering a lot of her moves cause distance between the characters to enable Sindel to zone BUT, if you incorporate aggressive style play you will really throw off your opponent. For example:
If I land a jump punch, 1+1+1, I immediately go into 2, 1, enhanced hair whip. Then, it's a gamble, but I typically go right into B+3, F+2 juggle.
Also, I have found dashing in with a D+4, DF+4 allows you to get in and apply pressure plus you appear fast.
And for blocked teleports (Mileena, Scorpion, Kano) as opposed to punishing with B+2, 4, air fire ball (yes, Dan, I'm looking at...errr...typing to you) wait just a second and go into the B+3, F+2 juggle.
Just some ideas for a different approach to using Sindel.

after a landed 1,1,1 your foe can jump away or poke you out of your next attack. your better off doing 1 or 1,1 then mixing it up she at +1 and a simple d+1 will come out faster then anything they do. why do :en whip after 2,1?? the low fireball or step up is a better option due to its 50/50 choice even a 2,1 flight cancel is better. are you hitting with d+4 before you do the step up special?? or are you randomly from a distance doing the step up move? cause if so your foe can easily watch you do the step up and then cross over counter jump punch her.. some times i counter with the b+2,4, fireball combo due to there being lag and nothing else will hit but that. i am incorporating a proper counter vs people that arent lagging so much/ which is why i been doing 1 into scream.. offline she can counter with b+3,f+2 but going online that shit can miss.. punishing mileena and kano isnt as easy as it is countering sektor, noob, raiden, scorpion etc..

pressuring with 2,1 she can be poked right before the 1 hits.
pressuring with 4,4 the second 4 can be poked out of

1,1,1 is good but some times the first 1 whiffs so its sketchy.

wake up attacks will plow right through a b+3,f+2 pressure..

Well of course they can poke out of certain combos and attacks and yes a wake up can "blow" through the B+3, F+2...I'm just saying by doing all of this in an aggressive rush down style of play will throw off experienced gamers. Then start to zone and control space and work your way in. With the D+4, Cartweel, of course i'm not just sitting there with d+4...I like do it in the middle of a dash and it always hits them and it comes out fast...it's tricky...I want you to kick ass at Summer Jam and I think you need to mix it up!

BustaUppa

Westbury Nathan's 4 Life
keep it up, this stuff is interesting to read because I need SOMETHING to do against teleporters!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
them and it comes out fast...it's tricky...I want you to kick ass at Summer Jam and I think you need to mix it up!

Kipp - rush down is not my style of play. I don't feel comfortable doing it. I'm not changing how I play, and once she gets that buff it will help with the way I play sindel majorly.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Kipp - rush down is not my style of play. I don't feel comfortable doing it. I'm not changing how I play, and once she gets that buff it will help with the way I play sindel majorly.

---
- Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
I know, I know *pouty face"...I'm just offering suggestions because I want to see you do well (not that you wouldn't in the first place)...consider it my semi cheer leading for you!;) I wish I could zone as well as you...I just have this inner rushdown instinct in me and I even do it with Sindel which sometimes blows up in my face...lol...I hope you make the stream.

jedirobb

DEVASTATION!
Yeah, it is nice to have more options but I am not moving across the screen unless I have to.