What's new

Sindel General Discussion

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
I'm not feeling that skin at all. And I made a variation in MK11 called Queen's Gambit. How dare they steal my ideas! lol. I'm liking her specials. She has been a fave of mine in every game she has been in. I am still shocked she is in this game. I do think that outfit would look great in all white. It's very nice/motherly Sindel. But i want the evil classic one too. I'm still praying/hoping we get a Musetta Vander MKA skin and MK3 skin. That would be beyond amazing.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
I'm not feeling that skin at all. And I made a variation in MK11 called Queen's Gambit. How dare they steal my ideas! lol. I'm liking her specials. She has been a fave of mine in every game she has been in. I am still shocked she is in this game. I do think that outfit would look great in all white. It's very nice/motherly Sindel. But i want the evil classic one too. I'm still praying/hoping we get a Musetta Vander MKA skin and MK3 skin. That would be beyond amazing.
[/
SPOILER]

Last edited:

Benlo

PrayforSareena
I tried her this morning, she's really fun to play with !

Good range, various strings, and she has like 3 variations (2 attacks and 1 special move) of her cartwheel move now :D

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
What Kameos are y'all using now? I've pretty much dropped Sareena at this point and went with Sektor. Combo damage is equal or more in most situations, and the oki with missile allows pressure you'd have to EX float to get so saving meter as well.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
What Kameos are y'all using now? I've pretty much dropped Sareena at this point and went with Sektor. Combo damage is equal or more in most situations, and the oki with missile allows pressure you'd have to EX float to get so saving meter as well.
Using Darrius is pretty okay so far: you can set-up a hard-to-blockable after combo-Scream-F4 (+22 hit adv), not guaranteed but there's options.
You can also use his ambush to create a low launcher off Sindels sweep (and even extend that into the above set-up too).
Damage is low (20-30) though, but with her restand I think this isn't a bad way to play her.

Feels a bit similar to (MKX) Tanya Pyromancer playstyle.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Using Darrius is pretty okay so far: you can set-up a hard-to-blockable after combo-Scream-F4 (+22 hit adv), not guaranteed but there's options.
You can also use his ambush to create a low launcher off Sindels sweep (and even extend that into the above set-up too).
Damage is low (20-30) though, but with her restand I think this isn't a bad way to play her.

Feels a bit similar to (MKX) Tanya Pyromancer playstyle.
Interesting, does the hard-to-blockable launch, and are you able to play with the timing to go OH/Low or Low/OH? I'll have to check it out tonight. MKX Pyromancer was one of my favorites in the NRS era which is possibly why I was drawn to Sindel lol.

Geoffmeister

PS4/EU Ermac main
Interesting, does the hard-to-blockable launch, and are you able to play with the timing to go OH/Low or Low/OH? I'll have to check it out tonight. MKX Pyromancer was one of my favorites in the NRS era which is possibly why I was drawn to Sindel lol.
Same LOL, i'm using a lot of lowpoke-specials and it's a very unsafe probably very bad version of Pyro, but its fun lol

Only low-overhead but you can make it really tight

Last edited:

skahwt

Noob
How are you guys opening people up with Sindel? I’m struggling with it and am relying on her fireball game in some matches.

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
How are you guys opening people up with Sindel? I’m struggling with it and am relying on her fireball game in some matches.
float pressure is definitely good for opening people up

After every landed j1/2 u can go into b2 float j1 24/244 and keep the plus frames and pressure going

other than that i try mixing up f4 low hairball (safe) and f4 df4 - 2nd option is unsafe but establishing the overhead is good as u can go low more and get some safe dmg - just watch out, some people will definitely punish u hard if they guess right on the OH

incorporate some grabs into all of this and i feel like ure gonna be in a good place?

Moms4lif3

Bruh.
What button do u guys use for anti airs?
Ive used s1 for the most part and found it kinda inconsistent ... b2 is good in some ranges but its very vertical and pretty slow :/
D2 kinda sucks tbh, the range (horizontal and vertical) is not that great and obviously u can only combo off of it for a bar

any other suggestions? Ive tried s3 but it feels kinda slow and ass?

I found a Sindel reset, they didn't fix the anti-crouch block.
You can still pop em up if they are crouch blocking. I have recording of him blocking low after a second so I can start the combo then have him holding crouchblock.
It's 60% so far, can do 50% with no meter, I'm sure there is a way to loop it, just need a string that lasts long enough till Jax hits again because even though Jax connected he stays to pound again. Kind of like a glitch.
That's what happened Prepatch with Rain doing his infinite unblockable with Jax

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to deal with Sindel? Her (I think) b1 hair whip normal is blowing me tf up. I can kinda whiff punish it, but it's a bit hard.
Her F1 is the move your talking about, you can low profile the first hit being a high.
On how to punish it really depends on what character you are. You can backdash into specials on wiff, or force your way in and enforce pressure. Her B2 is her jumping mid used to go into flight cancels and all the pressure is semi fake if you hold up and block while looking out for her to cancel without doing jump in Punch which beats your armor.
Her neutral is her D3, B4 and F1 and close up is her 11(-4 on block starter), 24(9f high starter that's +2 ob), B2(14f mid).
If your character doesn't have decent range then you either have to learn wave dashing FFxxR2xxFFxxR2xxF into whatever strings you would use for decent range but also fast enough to punish or you will have to use Special moves after forced wiff by your backdash.
Sub Zero has Slide or Clone Push.
Mileena has Roll, teleport or Said.
Reptile has Slide, S3, 24(on read) also instant air sky dive.
Kung Lao has Shaolin Shimmy and dive kick.
Some characters literally don't have anything fast enough like Rain. But his solution is keeping her fullscreen or getting one knockdown wave dash to OKI and keep momentum in her face with constant mix on wakeup.

All characters have Kameos to help and all characters have Kung Lao Low Hat which is essentially a get in risk free card. To hold it and approach with mix, HTBs work or simply throwing out powerful unsafe moves that are made safe with low hat hitting just after making it +2 on block and really+ on hit with combo follow up.
Have you tried your characters B4?
It would really help if I knew your character you're struggling against Sindel's F1. I could go lab up the answer for you.

Ok Sindel fam, Sonic is at it again. MoFo out here calling every character broke only to drop them a week later.
He is currently stating Sindel is stupid broke and I think he is high. In fact she's like the only character that has to work for Lao hat setups compared to S Tiers with one button OS into HTB cuz they have overheads and toolkits to put out hat after strings.
She has to do B2 into float, into flight cancels into JIP that's UpBlockable.

I know Sonic is a beast and finds character potential but he also has a long record of claiming every bottom tier is broken and only a couple pan out.

Example:

His proof for her being broke is Xombat and RewindNV getting tilted vs her using Lao hat.
Obviously Lao hat setups are strong but that's not the character and many S Tiers do this very thing except they get OS off it.
I think Sindel is strong, but Broke she is not!

What's others opinions?

This is what I mean, this game has a 3 frame HTB protection, so they have 3 frame window to Fuzzy Guard them and you can tell which is gonna hit first by Lao hat.

But there are multiple ways to blow up her HTBs, avoid them and shut them down.

Fuzzy Guarding is your friend:

That's me Fuzzy Guarding two different HTB timings, low first then Overhead first.

Meterless ways to shutdown her B2xxFlightCancel into HTB's:

Here's the JIK HTB she does:

You can even use Armor to stuff them:

And you can just avoid and put down your setups character depending:

So I'm not seeing how this is broke this is literally what Koisy was using but doing combo JIP1 set Lao hat into these options I've listed.

Multiple characters do this very same thing except they have strong 1 button overhead options that don't require flight cancels or risky jump ins?

Can someone enlighten me as to why it's broke, are they just salty because Sonic is oppressive with her like he is with so many characters or am I missing something?
I know Koisy and Ludi don't know why either!

Looking at Dragons tech, it looks like the “brokeness” comes from her getting a HTB “no armor, backdash, or d2” vortex knockdown on top of the neutral HTBs.

As a Johnny main (who doesn’t use Lao) though, it’s been funny to see Sindel mains like Koisy & their fans complain about base kit Johnnys pressure bc of Lao only for people to discover her gameplan with Lao revolves around zoning + HTB pressure in neutral and on knockdown :/.